• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's going to happen to Crys?

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    Has anyone thought about the fact that the hat or clothes could be either popular style or simply an average style in Japan, but looks exotic to foreigners of Japan. I am not saying that everyone in Japan likes the clothes because everyone even if they live in the same country have different opinions and views on clothes. Of course I like the outfit, but I had to get use to the hat which I have taking a liking to as well.

Last edited:

Draco Razr

Elite Dragon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2013
    You will never know what would happen to Crys! But no doubt she will be in the HG/SS arc!
    I'm pretty sure the creators have taken into account how many people love Crys!

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
    Has anyone thought about the fact that the hat or clothes could be either popular style or simply an average style in Japan, but looks exotic to foreigners of Japan. I am not saying that everyone in Japan likes the clothes because everyone even if they live in the same country have different opinions and views on clothes. Of course I like the outfit, but I had to get use to the hat which I have taking a liking to as well.

let's see..... a really big white hat with a hairstyle of farmer's daughter and SUSPENDERS.....

That is a prime example of TACKINESS (hope I spelled that right) I'm not sure if the Japanese really think that's exotic.... but again you probably don't see a lot of people wearing suspenders, but WHO WEAR SUSPENDERS THESE DAYS?!

I mean they should've just dressed her up in like some sort of a modernized kimono/short dress or somthinglike that.

Oh well, too late for that lol

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years

let's see..... a really big white hat with a hairstyle of farmer's daughter and SUSPENDERS.....

That is a prime example of TACKINESS (hope I spelled that right) I'm not sure if the Japanese really think that's exotic.... but again you probably don't see a lot of people wearing suspenders, but WHO WEAR SUSPENDERS THESE DAYS?!

I mean they should've just dressed her up in like some sort of a modernized kimono/short dress or somthinglike that.

Oh well, too late for that lol

Oh, Mika, I didn't think of that. And now that you mention it, you have a point. Yes, pong, I'm serious. I am currently in Japan and I see overalls EVERYWHERE. And that big poofy hat? Seen that too. My cousin has one. Although maybe less Shroomishy then the one that this new girl is wearing. And honestly, if she was wearing a kimono or even a dress, I think that would be even less like Crys then this current appearance. How the heck is she supposed to kick in a SKIRT??

Not that any of this prevents me from seeing the Mario resemblance in this outfit. >.> I don't mind the design (Except for the hat) but the color scheme is...Meh. If Crys' hair stays blue (And I'm not saying it will) then the overall color would be horrible.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    Well, given how Crys's mother is like, I won't be surprised if her mother more or less force her to go along with the new shirt.

Years
    I'm sure it's only Crys with a new outfit. Blue was given Leaf's outfit, so Crys will (almost) surely be given Soul's outfit.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    Oh, Mika, I didn't think of that. And now that you mention it, you have a point. Yes, pong, I'm serious. I am currently in Japan and I see overalls EVERYWHERE. And that big poofy hat? Seen that too. My cousin has one. Although maybe less Shroomishy then the one that this new girl is wearing. And honestly, if she was wearing a kimono or even a dress, I think that would be even less like Crys then this current appearance. How the heck is she supposed to kick in a SKIRT??

Not that any of this prevents me from seeing the Mario resemblance in this outfit. >.> I don't mind the design (Except for the hat) but the color scheme is...Meh. If Crys' hair stays blue (And I'm not saying it will) then the overall color would be horrible.

So I was right about guessing the possiblity of the HGSS heroine clothes being a current popular style in Japan.

Maybe the writers could make some adjustment to the color scheme since they did it with other characters. I agree with you that if Crys hair is navy blue in the HGSS arc then the color scheme could make the color scheme of the overalls seem out of place so they might will change it back to chestnut brown then again the writers did changing Platinum's scarf and Poketch from red to pink though which in my opinion seemed out of place. Though I am think they probably have already change it back to chestnut brown because it is shown on Volume 27 or the writer could have been doing a switcheroo with Crys' hair color.

Last edited:
    Years
    Ahaha, I can imagine Crys' mom giving her the clothes and Crys would be like "HELL NO" and her mom would be like "HELL YES WEAR THIS SWEETIE."

pong08

Years

Well, in that case I guess that fashion is kind of big in Japan. Come to think of it, now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that style of fashion called Shinjuku Style? I might be completely wrong but I think that's what it was called.

And I actally think I'm getting used to her bit by bit..... (can't believe it myself either lol)

Clover Cat

Years
    So I was right about guessing the possiblity of the HGSS heroine clothes being a current popular style in Japan.

Maybe the writers could make some adjustment to the color scheme since they did it with other characters. I agree with you that if Crys hair is navy blue in the HGSS arc then the color scheme could make the color scheme of the overalls seem out of place so they might will change it back to chestnut brown then again the writers did changing Platinum's scarf and Poketch from red to pink though which in my opinion seemed out of place. Though I am think they probably have already change it back to chestnut brown because it is shown on Volume 27 or the writer could have been doing a switcheroo with Crys' hair color.

Ahaha, I can imagine Crys' mom giving her the clothes and Crys would be like "HELL NO" and her mom would be like "HELL YES WEAR THIS SWEETIE."

Well, in that case I guess that fashion is kind of big in Japan. Come to think of it, now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that style of fashion called Shinjuku Style? I might be completely wrong but I think that's what it was called.

Well, that's what I'm hoping for. I actually liked the previous coloring-it was like a pair look with Gold's outfit. XDD -shot by Mangaquest haters-

I think if Emerald gave her the clothes she'd accept because she's his big sister. I can't imagine her saying no to him if he'd be all, "Crystal, I handmade these clothes with Ruby just for you!" She's too nice of a person for that. ^^

Hey, I'm not a genius on Japanese fashion, so don't look at me. But I think Shinjuku Style would be the latest, cheapest, popular fashion for Japan, since Shinjuku is that kind of place.

Anyway. Can anyone think of a logical way the writers could get rid of/and or change the design of the hat to make it look slightly less Shroomishy? Yes, I hate it that much. >.>

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    Anyway. Can anyone think of a logical way the writers could get rid of/and or change the design of the hat to make it look slightly less Shroomishy? Yes, I hate it that much. >.>

Can I see a picture of the regular hat so I can compare and contrast it from the shroomish hat?

Last edited:

Clover Cat

Years
    Can I see a picture of the regular hat so I can compare and contrast it from the shroomish hat?

I just love how we're calling it a shroomish hat.

WEED KILLERS COMIN RIGHT UP!!!!

Sure thing.
    Spoiler:

As you can see, the old hat wasn't even a HAT--It was more like a cap of some kind. Compared to that:
    Spoiler:

See how different it is? :/

LOL, pong, don't use weed killer, it never works. XD *Starts up chainsaw*

Oh. And seeing Gold's appearances in those pictures...KJLGJKFJLSDLKALLOVERAGAIN.XDDD *Imagines older Gold and drools*

pong08

Years
    Sure thing.
    Spoiler:

As you can see, the old hat wasn't even a HAT--It was more like a cap of some kind. Compared to that:
    Spoiler:

See how different it is? :/

LOL, pong, don't use weed killer, it never works. XD *Starts up chainsaw*

Oh. And seeing Gold's appearances in those pictures...KJLGJKFJLSDLKALLOVERAGAIN.XDDD *Imagines older Gold and drools*

You know, after watching Soul's picture again, I am actually getting used to her appearance. BUT I STILL CAN"T GET USED TO THE FRE**KEN SUSPENDERS!!

Clover Cat

Years
    Maybe this pic will help you:
    Spoiler:

Seeing this, it sorta helped. Fixes an image in your mind, if you will. (The pic ain't mine, btw)

pong08

Years
    Spoiler:

Seeing this, it sorta helped. Fixes an image in your mind, if you will. (The pic ain't mine, btw)

Yes! Thanks you! *Sighs* Looks like Crystal won't look so bad in that new outfit after all. :D (If it happens)

Oh, and I don't know who came up with the Idea that Crystal is going to die, but that's not going to happen and I don't even wanna THINK ABOUT IT.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Ugh. I still can't imagine Crys wearing that. It doesn't suit her at all.

pong08

Years
    Ugh. I still can't imagine Crys wearing that. It doesn't suit her at all.

you know, maybe they should've changed the colors of the suspenders to something like white. Then it would match. The Color Red and Blue is kinda tacky.... lol

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    I did not think that with Blue wearing the FRLG heroine outfit suited her sly personality because those clothes actually made Blue look like an 'average' girl. So if that can happen then the Pokemon Special writers could also dress Crystal in HGSS heroine's outfit as well. I bet if people knew that there was going to be a FRLG arc before Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen were released there would have been a debate if about Blue wore the FRLG heroine's outfit although many people were aware that Blue has brown hair unlike with Crystal who hair was intitially brown or if the FRLG protagonists and rival were going to be Red, Green, and Blue children in the FRLG arc or something along the lines.

Spoiler:

The writer could alter the hat shape, but their is a chance the writers will just leave it alone, but we will see. We will just probaly have to get use to it either way.

Last edited:

Clover Cat

Years
    I did not think that with Blue wearing the FRLG heroine outfit suited her sly personality because those clothes actually made Blue look like an 'average' girl. So if that can happen then the Pokemon Special writers could also dress Crystal in HGSS heroine's outfit as well. I bet if people knew that there was going to be a FRLG arc before Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen were released there would have been a debate if about Blue wore the FRLG heroine's outfit although many people were aware that Blue has brown hair unlike with Crystal who hair was intitially brown or if the FRLG protagonists and rival were going to be Red, Green, and Blue children in the FRLG arc or something along the lines.

The writer could alter the hat shape, but their is a chance the writers will just leave it alone, but we will see. We will just probaly have to get use to it either way.

Ah, so I wasn't the only one who thought Blue looked much more sexier in her previous outfit. -shot-

Anyway. I agree, Mika, there probably would have been. In all honesty, when I learned there would be a FR/LG arc, I thought they would have replaced Red-he looked NOTHING like the hero in the game. But they didn't, so I'm sticking with Crys not being replaced. (Or I pray that she doesn't)

I suppose that's true. But I still hate it. >.<

Back