• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Whats so good about Casteliacones?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I found out yesterday they can't be purchased in Winter. :( So disappointing! I wanted to sell another for money, oh well, I'll wait until next month... :(

(I'm not using the one I have/had btw lol)

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I found out yesterday they can't be purchased in Winter. :( So disappointing! I wanted to sell another for money, oh well, I'll wait until next month... :(

(I'm not using the one I have/had btw lol)

I know :( I still have never bought any, and the Tuesday I finally remembered it was closed!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Casteliacones are supposed to be the Unova counterpart of the Lava Cookie and the Old Gateau. They're also cheaper versions of the Full Heal that are only available on certain days.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
    I never thought that you could buy one of those... >_> It just seemed so good because everytime I went to Castelia, they always say that they've sold-out.

Garde

Fallen Angel
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2015
    Absolutely nothing is special about them, they are pretty much the equivalent of the Lava Cookie from Gen III- a fancy looking Full Heal.

They do look yumalicious, though.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    its disappointing that they arent sold in winter.
    i never knew they could be sold out either. i always got one everytime i went there.

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    Darn, I kept forgetting on Tuesdays, and now it's Winter! I'll just buy some next month then.
    I like them for the novelty.

The_Noob

Banned
    Years
    You know what would be funny? If in Grey/Gray/Rainbow they make Chocolate Casteliacones that function as a reskinned Sacred Ash. Now that would be kickass.

Noob out.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    It's winter now, and I keep forgetting to go there on Tuseday. It's a bit stupid how they are just a glorified full heal, so I won't bother with getting one unless I really have nothing else to do.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2012
    I think it's more like a Lum Berry, just like the Chocolates are more like glorified berry juice.

both food that activates while held.

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
    Years
    Before reading this thread..I didn't know they only sold Castelicones on Tuesdays. D: I was going everyday and kept getting a "They're sold out". One more day and they'll go on sell again. :D ..on Tuesdays.

Last edited:

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Quick question. Can you buy more than one on the same day? I thought they were unobtainable any day of the week.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
    Years
    lol they are real pointless all right, I was so excited to finnaly buy one, but then I saw what it did and I was all like "Dude seriously thats it?" and then to prove a point to myself I went and bought like 300 full heals lol:P

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Hmm... They can heal status effects in battles and be sold for a good price at Route 5. Though, if you are looking for healing items, Full Heals are better in the sense that they can be bought in batches. Oh, and one Casteliacone per Tuesday in non-winter seasons. That's it. No wonder why it's better to sell it.

As for me? I left it in the bag since I bought them.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2020
    They're delicious. They're also made from the salvaged remains of a million slain Vanillite, but at least there's sprinkles.

.......THAT IS IT.I'M MAKING A GROUP.Called "Save The Vanillites".If its made from the poor little pokemon,I feel like sueing them.:(I'm Collecting Casteliacones and Putting them in a Nice Freezer and try to find a cure to somehow bring them back.

Back