• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Whats so good about Casteliacones?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well, I like them as I'm an OCD guy in his pokémon: I only use regional poké balls (good in Johto, problematic in Hoenn, even worse in Sinnoh), use regional items (Lava Cookie > Full Heal in Hoenn etc.), and consider the Master Ball to be a "Mewtwo Ball" - I only use it on Mewtwo, as that's the only pokémon caught with it in Pokémon Adventures.

So to me, it's a regional item that I always have to have at least one of them in my bag.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2013
    I've bought one. That's because I arrived at Castelia on Tuesday, what a coincidence.
    I didn't even take a look at it until I saw Bulbapedia saying it looks like Vanillite. Then I found it tasty.
    It's quite romantic to me though (perhaps because I read some fan fiction).

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Darn, I kept forgetting on Tuesdays, and now it's Winter! I'll just buy some next month then.
    I like them for the novelty.
    It's finally Spring and obtainable once again, haha. Though I find it odd they don't serve it during the Winter since they are Casteliacones. o; I guess it's acceptable though, since most people won't serve ice cones outside where it's snowing and all during this time.

Give me Lava Cookies instead. Both do the same thing, but you don't have to wait till Tuesday to buy Lava Cookies. Plus that Lava Cookie isn't gonna melt as easily.

I haven't been bothered to get one at all.
    Ah, Lava Cookies. I never really bought them that often, but they bring back memories of Lavaridge Town in RSE for some odd reason. I guess since they both serve the same purpose, it doesn't really bother me that much. I've gotten one or two of Casteliacones though, just for the fun of it. Still I think its just a nice touch for the city.

Well, they taste pretty good I bet. Shame you can't rip them out of the DS console and eat 'em, though. XD

Heh, I wouldn't be surprised if Japan makes such a thing based off just for the game!

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I think its just a novelty item, and I've only bought one. I also think that the bag has a special ice cream cone holder, either for you Vanilluxe or you Casteliacone.

Solfatara

Forest Dweller
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2011
    I think this cone symbolizes perfectly the obsession we tend to have for nearly insignificant items and products in our own consumer society.

Back