• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's the best way to add difficulty? Pros & Cons

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Adding more diverse movesets and better AI/stats seem to be the best alterations based on what I've seen. Also, setting a level cap. One thing I hate is having to grind like crazy to level up my Pokemon that are some 20 levels below the gym leader's, just because the gym leader's Pokemon were just programmed to be overleveled. The level cap would take away the possibility that you could crush a gym leader by simply overleveling your Pokemon while also making it less annoying for the player.

Years
  • Guess having same level but evolved forms of pokemon make the game more tough.

Hmm to think of it maybe having max EVs pokemon trainers also make their pokemon a little tougher.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back