• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What's The Stupidest Thing You Ever Did In RSE

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
    I started a new game with the default name "Kimmy" and completed the Hoenn Dex with it. I spent two years looking for a Feebas only to find out my friend had one all along. I've beaten the Elite Four fifty-nine times and counting.

Years
    The stupidest thing I did(which is also where Im still at) Is I defeated the Sootopolis gym leader and now I don't know where to go. >.<

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2009
    Catching Rayquaza with Master Ball. Not that bad though, in my second try I used Ultra Balls and it was a torture. Lati@s are much much MUCH harder to catch.

nokyo-chan

Oatmeal? Are you CRAZY?!
    Years
    Not planting BERRIES!! I mean, I know there's some glitch to where you can't grow berries after about a year or so, but geez...I didn't plant any and used just about all of mine. A game without PokeBlock-making is a sad, sad game. =(

xXI JOE IXx

My sister caught a magikarp in my masterball, oh the horror :(

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2009
    Bought About 400 Poke Balls ( Yes just normal Poke Balls ) And making me broke. I don't even think i used a single one before i realized how stupid that decision was....

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    Spending 9 months in finding a way to Lavridge Town.
    Using my MasterBall on Absol because by looks it looked one-off.
    After Absol-gate, I quit playing Emerald on GBA. But I started 2 years later again on PSP and my team now is - Glalie, Rayquaza, Swampert, Kyogre, Salamence and Latios, which was caught in a state of shock by MasterBall. Also have all the 3 Regis and Groudon in the PC.

Orlando

PUDDING!!!
    Years
    Lol I agree with you skorupoke. You should usually stick to training mostly your main pokemon. Thats what I did with my Torchic. I also caught other pokemon to use the HM's on so I could get through the game. When I reached the pokemon league my torchic was a lvl 70 Blaziken. :D So don't waste your time training all of those pokemon because you won't get a good return at the end. I would only start making a team when I beat the league. Lvl 40's won't beat the league.
    You could also catch a legendary or catch pokemon in victory road. Legendaries will definitely give you a BIG boost. :)

Oh and the worst thing I have ever done in Emerald was when I spent a few hours searching for a god dang RALTS!!!!

Last edited:
    Years
    For 3 months I searched the safari zone for a shiny shuckle. Then, when I decide to go to the battle factory and take a break from hunting, I get a shiny Walrein to rent! That drove me nuts for days.

CRaTeR

Emperor of Aragon
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2015
    Back when I was eight or so, I thought the cave in Dewford was a tunnel to the next city.
    I spent hours trying to find an exit.

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
    I bought a pirated ruby. T_T Didn't know it was pirated, before I tried to trade with Colosseum. I couldn't. I did a little research and found out that you have to have hall of fame data in order to trade with it. I though: "Hey, I beat the champion!". I checked the "hall of fame"-option on my PC an this horrible phrase appeared on my screen:

"Hall of Fame data corrupt."

...Yeah. Nowadays it doesn't even remember my saves. Screw you, Bulgaria!

кιd

кιd!
    Years
    Found a shiny Zigzagoon in my Sapphire, then restarted it after I got to a certain point.
    I had a tendency to restart Pokemon games, and I sure did forget that I had a shiny Zigzagoon. D:

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    I couldn't figure out how to get past the guy who was looking at the 'footprints'. (I was 7 xD) So I just sat in the first few routes and trained.
    Only good thing from that was that I had a lvl 25 Combusken for once I got past there. xD

i had this 1 friend that did somthin similar on his silver version. he couldn't figure out how to walk to morty through his gym...he thought he needed an hm or somethin, so he just trained and talked to everyone. he had a lvl 60 typhosion by the time i told him what he needed to do

xxzyyzxx

Board.up.the.housE
    Years
    Started with Torchic/Treecko in Emerald. MASSIVE difficulty difference as opposed to choosing Mudkip. (See the third gym for what I mean).

I had to get Grovyle to low 30 and go catch an Aron to get past him.

Back