• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's The Weirdest Pokemon Evolution?

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
Years
  • Glameow to Purugly. It went from cute to... ugly >.<
    Magmortar. Rhypherior. Tangrowth, Probass and Licklicky. What was the point of having them evolve? They were fine just the way they were, plus their evolutions look so... Ewwwwwww. Electivire, It looks cool, I can take Electivire, but the others need to go.

That's like giving Raichu a new evolution. Its unnecessary and it served no purpose, sure they might be stronger, but their such eyesores. I hate looking at them, especially Rhypherior, Tangrowth and Magmortar. They make me cringe. Honestly Pokemon Team, what the hell were you guys thinking.

Poreotix

WOW HE ASIAN!!!!!!!!!!
    Years
  • slowpoke to slowking a dumb animal turning into a smart animal that can walk on two feet and solve many problems by using a clam and a rock

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    Magmortar. Rhypherior. Tangrowth, Probass and Licklicky. What was the point of having them evolve? They were fine just the way they were, plus their evolutions look so... Ewwwwwww. Electivire, It looks cool, I can take Electivire, but the others need to go.

I don't understand why they have to evolve, either. But look on the bright side, they are stronger.

Knowing about frogs has nothing to do with the fact that Politoed looks absolutely nothing like Poliwag & it's original evolutions.

In my opinion, nothing's weird with Politoed and it's original evolutions.

I did a search on Serebii, Psypokes and Pokedream and all of their online Pokedexes said Poliwag, Poliwhirl and Poliwrath are TADPOLE pokemon and Politoed is a FROG pokemon.

awsomedude30

Am I a beginning trainer?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2014
    trapinch cuz its like wtf a little pincer evolves in to a weird brown dragon

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    A lot of the Pokemon you people brought up really aren't strange at all?

Magikarp to Gyarados? It's a fish into a a bigger fish, what's the problem?

Poliwhirl to Politoed? C'mon. Tadpoles evolve into frogs, it makes perfect sense.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    Redstar said:
    Magikarp to Gyarados? It's a fish into a a bigger fish, what's the problem?
    Well, as I said, Magikarp is like a weak, little fish pokemon that can only knows Splash, while Gyarados is a powerful pokemon you often see in competitive battling teams.

But well, that's just my opinion, not everyone might agree.

Redstar said:
    Poliwhirl to Politoed? C'mon. Tadpoles evolve into frogs, it makes perfect sense.

Exactly.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • O btw Rhydon- Rhyperior... Wtf?

Also- for you people saying poliwhirl to politoad is weird, what about poliwrath? He looks like a juiced up strong man competitor.

And magikarp to gyrados is kinda cool. The paradox is what makes it interesting; that something so weak can evovle into something so powerful. Magikrap is the 'inspiring' pokemon if you will... Giant shrimp dragons ftw.

Last edited:

valmydearr

VAL!
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2009
    Alright

Vibrava ---> Flygon.
    Mosquito ---> Dragon? hmm..
    Flaaffy ----> Ampharos.
    Sheep got shaved.
    Remoraid ----> Octillery
    Although the Remora story makes sense.

Magmortar, Rhyperior, Tangrowth, Electivire, and Magnezone look like Digimon.

End.

Back