• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whats up with the hate of Pokemon Ultra Sun and Pokemon Ultra Moon?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I do agree that people got their expectations too high. They said it wasn't gonna be a sequel, they said it was just gonna be an alternate story, and that's what it was. But apparently 50% of the fanbase didn't get the memo :p

And about the difficulty, that's ridiculous. It's exactly the same as Sun/Moon. And when I say exactly the same, I mean EXACTLY the same. In Sun I lost to totem lurantis twice. In Ultra sun I lost to totem lurantis twice. If anything, it's easier with the roto boosts and the second Z move you get.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    I do agree that people got their expectations too high. They said it wasn't gonna be a sequel, they said it was just gonna be an alternate story, and that's what it was. But apparently 50% of the fanbase didn't get the memo :p

And about the difficulty, that's ridiculous. It's exactly the same as Sun/Moon. And when I say exactly the same, I mean EXACTLY the same. In Sun I lost to totem lurantis twice. In Ultra sun I lost to totem lurantis twice. If anything, it's easier with the roto boosts and the second Z move you get.

to be fair... GF said "this is not the alola you knew." in one of its trailers... Maybe if they did NOT put it in the trailer maybe there would be less of backlash?

Years
  • bluntly speaking, "rushed" is really just becoming a buzzword at this point for "i dont like what they did with these games so im going to pretend it's a development flaw"

with how often it's used, it's becoming increasingly difficult to imagine an actual example of a pokemon game feeling rushed in the strictest definition of the word. maybe RBY because of the 10 million glitches at the time? closest that i can think of.

Last edited:

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • to be fair... GF said "this is not the alola you knew." in one of its trailers... Maybe if they did NOT put it in the trailer maybe there would be less of backlash?

Yes this, and an alternate dimension could really mean something 'completely' different, not just some slight alteration so I am very sure that was what made everyone more hyped. They kept showing Hau for example, not being as bubbly but in-game I can't see the differences at all.

To add on, this would be the last pair of Pokemon games on 3DS so people would expect more than just stuffing all the legendaries in the Ultra Wormholes and all the villain leaders post-game.

It's too rushed, but you can tell the efforts they put into the Ultra Wormholes and the Beast Worlds, but again, those should have been available in Sun/ Moon right from the start instead.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    Yes this, and an alternate dimension could really mean something 'completely' different, not just some slight alteration so I am very sure that was what made everyone more hyped. They kept showing Hau for example, not being as bubbly but in-game I can't see the differences at all.

To add on, this would be the last pair of Pokemon games on 3DS so people would expect more than just stuffing all the legendaries in the Ultra Wormholes and all the villain leaders post-game.

It's too rushed, but you can tell the efforts they put into the Ultra Wormholes and the Beast Worlds, but again, those should have been available in Sun/ Moon right from the start instead.

I don't know...

Sun/Moon's focus is more on introducing Alola region and new feature of Island trails- including captains and Kahunas.
    Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, on the other hand, has more focus on Necrozma and Ultra beasts and Ultra world.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • people usualy complain and say pokemon games are to easy then they make them harder and people complain about that too it just prove my point that lot of people will never be happy and complain just for the sake of complaining

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • people usualy complain and say pokemon games are to easy then they make them harder and people complain about that too it just prove my point that lot of people will never be happy and complain just for the sake of complaining

Well there are always a few different groups of thinking, definitely.
    Something can never win because it wins over person A doesn't mean B will be pleased with it.

Perhaps in the next generation there can be a difficulty setting like most games have; But then you'll have person C complaining about how unfair it would be.

It goes round.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I think that some want Game Freak to fill their wishlist completely. But that is not how it works. GF makes the games the way they want it to be made. Fans do not get a say on how the games should be.

I am a fan who accepts the games that are given to us. No game is absolutely perfect but they are not terrible either. There are some things i like in the games and minor amount of things i don't like.

Point is the games are made the way they are and we can choose to get them or not.

Back