• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whats with the anime?

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2011
    Well just as i thought the anime would get weirder team rocket has to be more sensible now.What is wrong with the anime nowadays.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Care to elaborate more? Team Rocket is sensible when they are actually there, but they haven't made appearances for about half the Saga in Best Wishes thus far. Do you have specifics as to what you see wrong? Which Sagas are you alluding to(assuming Best Wishes)?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Lets see if I can make this more understandable then... What are the problems or issues you see that make you think there is something wrong with the anime at this time?

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • I think what he is trying to say is that Team Rocket is extremely serious now. They used to be so funny and stupid back in the other seasons.

Thinking that is what he is trying to say, ima put my word in for it. I do miss seeing Team Rocket in every episode. But then again, they are insanely boring and serious in all the episodes they ARE in. I would like to know why the writers decided to make them serious. It's pretty obvious that kids prefer seeing a bunch of clowns for criminals instead of some professional and somber criminals. Team Rocket, as they were in the earlier seasons, added humor to the show. Now that they are serious it seems that the show is also much more serious than it needs to be.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • If that's what he was trying to say then.

I'd don't know why the writers decided to take the route of making them serious. And projecting them as somewhat professional and actually criminal like for once. Or at least in terms of success(to an extent).

I am fine with this new role and the occasional appearances. It seems as if they are trying to phase them out of the anime upon the ending of this Saga, which is completely fine with me since I am personally sick of seeing them over and over for all this time. Or at least limit their appearances.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • I never thought of it that way, as a way for the creator to try and push them out by the end of the saga.

Team Rocket actually, finally, for once, might be a threat to Ash & co. I have to admit though that them not saying their motto is actually kinda nice. It does get annoying sometimes and it can be quite long. But I still don't want them to leave. It'll be too sad. I hope some kind of weird twist happens or something towards the end of the saga where they become their weird, annoying selfs again. Like they bump their heads and wake up to find themselves in their Meowth balloon. That would be purrty kewwl.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I don't mind the motto so much as the fact they were present in about every episode over and over doing the same antics constantly. It goes old and repetitive after awhile. This seems to be one of those cases where less is better. About every time I do see them I am interested in what they are doing. Every time I used to see them I was like "Oh no let me guess their going to pull the same crap and try and steal Pikachu wow I saw that coming from a mile away". I don't want them to leave so much as I don't really every want to see them to the extent they were being show which was about every episode and doing the same thing over and over again.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • For one, I'm happy to see that the Team Rocket trio is more serious in Best Wishes because I was tired of seeing them do their jokes and puns all the time in Hoenn/Sinnoh. It was also a good change of pace to put them in every few episodes or so as opposed to every single one because I also got tired of seeing Ash and his friends deal with a problem caused by Team Rocket.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I don't mind the fact they've become more serious, it makes them much more interesting, I do miss the old puns and and jokes, there was nothing wrong with them, maybe the writers thought they were getting too repetitive.

My only problem with them right now is screen time, they've just very much been appearing and disappearing throughout Unova so far. Although, I can see how it does symbolise Team Rocket's plans, so at the same time I don't mind that.

The motto is just another motto, it's changed enough times to see it happening again this series, I like it, but I wouldn't complain about the change.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I don't understand why they didn't use new characters if a. They're starting from scratch again, so they don't care if you've watched before, and b. Their whole personality has changed so they're unrecognisable.

I'm not against serious TR; I found their old personality annoying. Its just that they may as well have used new characters if BW was supposed to be a reset and they had a whole personality change.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    Rocket trio change of role is for me one of most refreshing and unexpected things Unova gave us to table.
    Jessie,James and Meowth became more serious,better organized and more creative than they were ever before being given important role to play in Best Wishes now being recognized by Giovanni like they always wanted to be.They also became better at battling,managed to escape away through different kind of means instead of being blasted off having some success compared to constant failures prior to BW.

While i enjoyed their goofiness and comedy aspects they brought i for once liked that Team Rocket became more competent instead of being relegated to status of punching bags again.Im definitely interested how will their clash with Team Plasma play out and will this be end of TR organization.

I don't understand why they didn't use new characters if a. They're starting from scratch again, so they don't care if you've watched before, and b. Their whole personality has changed so they're unrecognisable.

I'm not against serious TR; I found their old personality annoying. Its just that they may as well have used new characters if BW was supposed to be a reset and they had a whole personality change.

Thats not completely true.Best Wishes showed how Jessie,James and Meowth still have older personality traits and goofy side as some episodes displayed,with main reason behind their portrayal of serious and competent villains for most BW episodes being done for purposes of TR plot.Writers probably don't want to stray away from their main purpose in Unova utilizing screen time in productive manner.

I think fact which evidenced that recently was when Meowth joined Ash,Cilan and Iris for awhile actually showing his old side and comedy.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    The fact of the matter is that the show lacks comic releif aside from the occassional Bianca and what little humor they do have isn't enough to keep me lauging. I think the reason the writers have redone team rocket is because theyre trying to bring back aspects of the old anime (remember they were serious at the very beginning too)

Back