• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your earliest memory of Pokémon?

Dark Destiny

Your Destiny is in your hands
    Years
    pokemon cards!
    i saw them in a shop and i just had to get them
    a few days later all my mates had it too =)
    this was when i was in yr 2 so...
    when i was 7

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
    Years
    I was at an airport and saw someone playing I believe Pokemon Blue. The person let me play it for a bit, and I was hooked. A couple of days later I got a copy of my first game Pokemon Yellow at the local Best Buy.

Years
    Well, I always heard people at school talk about Pokemon all the time but I neither had a game nor a satellite dish so I couldn't watch or play it.
    The first time I saw a Pokemon was on a box of Kellogg's cornflakes.
    My neighbour had the games so I also finally got to see them since I always watched her play. I wasn't that impressed though back then, but the following easter I got Red and got hooked in no time xD

Years
    My first memory of Pokemon was watching the first episode with Ash and his cool pink gloves. The first game I owned was 3 years later with Pokemon Crystal.

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
    Years
    The first time I heard of/saw Pokemon was on the back of a Lunchables box. They were these cut-out minature Pokemon card things.
    I tried trading them with someone for real cards. XD
    I was young and stupid then.

blubergate

Knowledgeable Pokemon Master!!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2013
    must have been when i was like four and i saw the episode where misty thinks her psyduck has evolved

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    We got this tape in the mail that showed parents and children's reaction to
    Pokemon when it first came to the US.

Inside were clips of the episode where Pikachu fried the flock of Spearow early
    on & pictures some of the collectible figurines.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    wow....earliest? hmmmmmm, I would say...my friend telling me about this game, saying it was coming out soon...I got blue version for my birthday, but i'm not sure whether that is the earliest

MissMegano

not-so innocent saint
    Years
    I remember me and my big sister going to our neighbor's house to play Pokemon Stadium. It was a bid deal that they had a nintendo :3 There were only two controllers, so I rarely got to play, but i liked to look at the pokemon. I wasn't really interested in playing, anyway. I just sat there and stared at the pokemon, listening to the annoying announcer guy who I used to love. Then eventually the t.v. stopped working or something and we went outside and ran around like pokemon. Ha ha. I always put a bike helmet on my head and pretended i was ryhorn, smashing into things. My poor parents had to buy so many bike helmets...

*LuckyStarIsLucky*

Ell Ess I Ess
    Years
    when i was 5, i went with my mom to a yard sale while looking for yu-gi-oh cards, but they had a binder of old pokemon cards. we bought it and i remember the first card i saw was an electabuzz base set 1 or 2 cant remember... to this date, i still keep it in a hard case. thank got for not having yu-gi-oh cards! i probably wouldnt be here if they had yu-gi-oh cards!

Back