• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's Your Fave Game Genre?

What's You Fave Game Genre?

• Total voters

Rin-Rin

RUG HEADS! :3
    Years
    I'm sorry if I put this in the wrong spot. I usually do that xD But anyways, vote your favorite game genre. If you don't know exactly what each one means, I give you some brief explanations...

RPG

-Stands for Role-Playing Game. A game usually dealing with sci-fi or fantasy. A good example for this would be Final Fantasy. Usually consists of a confusing story-line, battles in which you chose from a list of cool moves, HP (Hit Points) and MP (Magic Points), and many different uses of items.

Adventure

-Games like Spyro the Dragon are considered this. They are usually games where you can jump, double-jump, punch, kick, hit things...pretty much do anything that your character(s) is/are intended to do. For example, Spyro is a dragon who can glide--not fly--charge, spurt fire from his mouth, and stuff a usual puny dragon could do.

Action

-Metal Gear, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider...all perfect examples for this genre. These are games similar to the adventure genre, but it may be more realistic. Usually action games you're a person rather than a fictional cartoon character. Guns, grenades, and other weapons are commonly used in these games.

FPS

-Stands for First-Person Shooter. Medal of Honor is the perfect example. It's pretty much a game where you see through your character's eyes the whole way, with their gun in front of their face.

Puzzle

-Lumines, the almighty Tetris...these are puzzle games. Games where you have to do something not so much as "reality escaping." The objective is usually to line up colors of blocks or something like that.

Fighting

-Tekken and Mortal Kombat. These are fighting games. You have a time limit (sometimes) in defeating your opponents in limited walking space. You strafe to the side and through punches and kickes until you perform a Knock Out.

Other

-You should figure that one out on your own @.@ *pokes siggy*

However, my favorite is Adventure =D If I forgot any vital genre's--and I most likely did--please tell me. I tend to forget a lot ._.

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Nice idea for a thread. But I think this should go here.

I'd have to say my favourite game genre is Action & Adventure..

and shoot 'em ups xD

Rin-Rin

RUG HEADS! :3
    Years
    Crystal Clair said:
    I accidently voted for RPG.
    I really like Adventure, and Spyro, and I like Racing games (but it wasn't there)
    I also wonder if there is an Adventure game maker like RPGXP.
    Ah! Racing! Thanks for pointing that out *wonders if she can fix that...*

Edit: Darn it...can't fix it >.<​

devilicious

dream
    Years
    RPG for me~
    But not thta kind of RPG like "level-and-defeat-the-guy", but those that have a drama/history behind the battles. [<3 Tales of Symphonia]

I also appreciate MMORPGs, specially Ragnr?k Online. [But I guess it counts as RPG in the poll]

Another genre I find intersting is... The Other. Games like Katamari Damacy and Animal Crossing are teh uber~

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    I really like RPG's but I voted for action, Resident Evil 4 is one of the best games I played this generation next to Pokemon Fire Red and Minish Cap.

Fury of Ninetales

I'm back!
    Years
    3 letters: RPG. 75% of the games that i enjoy playing are RPGs. Pokemon, Fire Emblem (more of an SRPG, tho), Megaman Battle Network, etc. the list goes on and on. Simulation games (the "Tycoon" series, Animal Crossing, the Sims,) r probably my 2nd fav. games. my 3rd would be sports games.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 24, 2005
    Hmm... My favorate game genre would have to be Fighting and Action, But mostly fighting. (Super Smash Bro's Meelee All The Way!)

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    You totally forgot to add real-time strategy to the list, Rin-Rin. I like RPGs and FPSs equally (Counter-Strike forever!), but RTS is my fave game genre. Starcraft and Warcraft III own you... XD

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
    Lot of games out there are fun, but nothing is more fun then having friends to play with so multi-player based games that are good are my favorite, that's why the X-Men Legends series was a huge hit for me along with sports and Wrestling games. But aside from that I'm into RPG when I don't have a buddy around.

Back