• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite beginner bird?

Favorite bird evo line?

• Total voters

Mickeycricky

Mickeycricky
Years
  • Pidgey because it was like the first Pokemon you encounter in FR/LG and it is super easy to catch and raise, and it really turns out to be a beast Pokemon when it's a Pidgeot ^_^

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I actually take quite a fancy to flying type pokemon; more specifically bird pokemon.
    But nothing beats Emonga. :3

I have a Pigeot in my current Heart Gold Team and it - to be honest - lacks some of the moves I'd like it to learn. It's lacks terribly in defense and it's sorta getting cheesy as time goes on.

However, as soon as I saw Staraptor I knew it was strong. It has fantastic defense and I love some of the moves it can learn. But I was dissapointed when I found out it couldn't learn Mirror Move; but is replaced by Close Combat which is quite handy escpecially with rock and ground type pokemon getting in the way.

Because of the amount of positives that Staraaptor has, they dominate over Pigeot therefore, my vote has to go to:

Spoiler:
    Hehe~ I just love adding that extra drama to my decisions. :3

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
  • I actually like them all except for Starly, but I guess if I had to choose Pidgey would win. I ALWAYS played R/B/Y with a Pidgeot in my party. <3

M. Dent

Trial Triangle
    Years
  • Pidgey > Starly > Taillow > Hoothoot

That's the order. Hoothoot is just too fugly for me to use T_T
    Pidgeotto and Pidgeot are pretty *3*

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
    Years
  • Staraptor, closely followed by Pidgeot. I'll always remember how impressed I was with the Staraptor I used when I played Pearl. I barely knew any of the Pokemon in the region yet, so I felt a special attatchment to the ones I randomly decided would be good to have on my team. And Pidgeot gets a close second for a similar reason on Silver version, but...I like Staraptor's move pool better. It's pretty wicked, comparatively speaking.

Duragi

Pokemon Researcher
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2011
    Used to be pidgeot, but one day I decided to check my lv 55 staraptors stats. Talk about beastly attack! Now the Starly line's my fav

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
  • Noctowl. It is so under-rated, and that's just because there was Pidgey in Johto too, and since it has an extra evolve, most people would use that. All pidgeot is is a bird with long hair :|

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2010
    I've used all of them in their respective generations at one time or another. Staravia is the only bird pokemon that ever made it to my final team in the game. The others, for whatever reason, I didn't like very much, so I ended up depositing them in the PC.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2011
    Pidgey > Pidgeotto > Pidgeot hands down!
    Not so much for the Pidgey rather then Pidgeot tho :]
    However i really like all of those Birds...

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    who doesnt love pidgey?
    hes the cutest and coolest too

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    My favorite

I think Starly is my favorite. I mean Pidgey looks kinda cool, Hoot-Hoot looks creepy, and Tailow looks cocky. Starly though, Starly looks all cute and stuff. Then it involves and looks kinda tough, then it involves again and looks amazing. I'm sure for sure, but I think its the biggest out of the "starting" birds. I like how its cry sounds too. Not to mention its also strong. I'm not sure on its actual stats compared to others but my Starly and its evolutions were great.

Rapide

Self-esteemed Wumbologist.
    Years
  • Kinda hard decision for me to make.

But, if I had to choose, I'd pick the Taillow-Swellow line. Simply because the Hoenn generation was my favorite.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • i loved how noctowl learned psychic attacks but pidgeot is just too godly. but personally i always preferred spearow/fearow to pidgeot

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • The Pidgey line, it's the only beginner bird that I've used in my permanent Kanto team. Never used any of the other beginning birds in my parties.

Back