• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite beginner bird?

Favorite bird evo line?

• Total voters

Ficher

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2012
    Pidgey. My first Pokémon. Pidgeot is my favorite flying type, so 'nuff said.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    I chose Starly, because Staraptor looks so sick and he's got good moves.
    I never really liked the Pidgey and Tailloe though, probably because everybody else used them.

I always used Fearow in Kanto & Johto for fly support, to bad Spearow isn't on this list.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    It's a toss-up between the Pidgy line and the Taillow line. I love the Pidgy line cause they're strong and original, but Taillow was the first starter bird I ever caught and Swellow has a really cool design.

The Red Chain

I'm a biiig DPPt baby, and Staraptor is one of the most threatening looking birds I've ever seen.
    Exactly how a bird of prey should look. ^__^

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    I am kind of torn between Hoothoot and Starly I'll have to say Hoothoot for nostalgia's sake starly is close behind though

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I love them all (mostly). Hoothoot is nostalgic, while Pidgey reminds me of the anime and Tailow I've used the most in-game. As for Starly, I dislike most of dppt, so I don't really care for it.

However! I'm going to say Mamepato will be my favourite when I get to play B/W~

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    The Pidgey line, definitely. I still love Pidgey as much as the first time I caught it. <3
    Hoothoot was an awesome partner in G/S/C. Taillow is pretty cool to use. And starly is just an improved Pidgey. :/

Years
    Pidgey, then Hoothoot. Never really payed much attention to Tailow, and DP/Pt's Pokemon kinda sucked, so Starly is a no for me as well. :P

Years
    Taillow, simply because it learns some good moves and I always seem to be able to sweep gyms with Blaziken and Swellow on my Emerald. Second comes the Pidgey line, because it is crazily useful in RBG, GSC and remakes of these because they are available early and are probably the most powerful pokemon you can get early on. Then comes the Starly line because of the speed, power and Staraptor's Close Combat. Finally comes Hoothoot, because it's special, and it's hard to level it up until it gets a special attack.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2011
    Starly. It was the very first pokemon i caught in Pokemon Pearl. I love Staraptor because of how powerfull it is. It also looks badass :P

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Oh my gee PIDGEY LINE FOR THE WIN! lol I dont know why and kanto isnt even on the top of my list, but the pidgey family just R.O.C.K.S.

And Pidgeot is one of my favorite pokemon :]

Back