• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's Your Favorite Starter? (Includes GSC)

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2010
    Charmander or mudkip are my fav starting pokemon and also pickachu but that's only in yellow.

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
    Charliemander is the bomb.
    Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Chikorita, Cyndaquil and Totodile are all awesome though.

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
    I love all 3 Kanto starters and all 3 Johto starters. It's too hard to decide :(

If I HAD to pick one from each region though, an someone had a gun to my head and said I NEEDED to pick (what? that could totally happen lol) then I'd go with:

Kanto: Charmander (First ever starter in Pokemon Red, well, first starter EVER.)
    Johto: Cyndaquil (First starter in Gold.)
    Hoenn: Mudkip
    Sinnoh: Chimchar with Turtwig coming close 2nd.

y stri

Got no theme right now.
    Years
    Really, hands down, my favorite is Treecko, because it evolves into Grovyle! But Mudkip is really close, I had some good times with my Mudkip on Ruby and Emerald (The good old days when I only used my starter ^^')

kylie

Trainer and Contestant :D
    Years
    Chimchar; I've chosen it as my starter in Pearl, Diamond, AND Platinum >:3
    I just love it's cute little self :D

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
    Kanto:Squirtle AND Charmander = TIED (ONLY CAUSE BLASTOISE IS MY FAVORITE EVOLVED POKEMON I WOULD CHOOSE SQUIRTLE)
    Johto:Totodile
    Hoenn:Treecko
    Sinnoh:None really but prolly Piplup

Years
    Totodile. I was my first pokemon - EVER. I remember I had no idea how to leave my house when I played pokemon G/S/C. So my mom ended up playing the beginning for me while I was at school, she picked my first pokemon and named it after herself. Lmfao. But yeah, Totodile <3

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2010
    Charmander= It wasn't my first pokemon in the game, but it was my first card which got me into pokemon
    Totodile= Is just beastly. Totodile has a special place he wasn't my first either, but I had more fun with him than I did Cyndaquil.
    Treeko= I love Sceptile and Grovyle and Treeko are cool too.
    Turtwig= I love my Torterre, and Turtwig is so cute.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    For me the following are some of my favorites;

Charmander; Yes it is difficult to raise (and it has become cliche because of Charizard) but I like it as a simple and cute Charmander. See my Fan Art for more

Totodile; Come on! It's a small hyper blue baby alligator!! Can you get anymore cuter than that?

Cyndaquil; He looks wise, but fun loving at the same time. It's also based off of a rodent. Does that remind us of anyone?

"Pika!"

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
    Years
    In Kanto, Among the three, I prefer Bulbasaur, since I truly believe that It would be the best starter and can easily beat gym leaders. : P, In Johto, I prefer Cyndaquil among all of them, In Hoenn, I rather go with Mudkip~ : D, and lastly in Sinnoh I'll go with Piplup. : ]♥

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    Ok, here are my favorite for each region:

Kanto - Squirtle (Though I liked all of them)
    Johto - Chikorita (I liked all of them)
    Hoenn - Torchic (though I didn't really like any of them)
    Sinnoh - Piplup (they are all alright)

My favorite over all is Chikorita. It is also one of my favorite pokemon ever <3

Back