• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's Your Favorite Starter? (Includes GSC)

Years
    Kanto - Charmader (evolves into favourite Pokemon, Charizard)
    Johto - Cydaquil
    Hoenn - Treecko
    Sinnoh - Chimchar
    As you can guess fire is my favourite type

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    Taking it by generations:

GSC: Cyndaquil. He's so cute, and then he evolves to be daaamn strong as Typhlosion. :3
    RSE: Torchic. I wasn't wild about any of the Hoenn Starters because I thought their designs were rubbish, but I chose Torchic when I restarted Emerald and was blown away by how strong she is.
    FR/LG: Bulbasaur. He was my favourite Starter in the RBY games too, although my first ever run-through was played with Squirtle -.-

Overall though, it's Bulbasaur all the way. Even though I'm not wild about Venusaur (he looks like he has acne!).

Good post. Nothing brings me back like training Charmander or Bulbasaur. Those were the days as well as my favorite starters.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Kanto: Charmander - Fire breathing, flying lizard. Need I say more?
    Johto: Tototdile - Can pack a punch while dishing it right back out.
    Hoenn: Mudkip - Yez, I liek dem.
    Sinnoh: Turtwig - Torterra is awesome (: I'd ride around on it lol.
    Overall: Totodile - My all around favorite (while trying to be semioriginal).

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    Kanto: I loved Charmander and Squirtle. I love all their evolutions, especially the last ones. Blastoise and Charizard are pretty wicked. But, I did enjoy Pikachu in the yellow version too, and Bulbasaur wasn't so bad but for some reason I always lost with him. T_T
    Johto: Cyndaquil was my favorite! I love all his evolutions and he looks so cute at first. Typhlosion is superior awesome, if I might say so. I liked his look the best. But, Chikorita and Totodile were also cute, too.

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    Fire - Torchic (Cyndaquil close second)
    Grass - Chikorita (Only by default)
    Water - Totodile

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    My favourite Pokemon overall is Torchic, however, I also love Cyndaquil, Chikorita, Totodile and Charmander. The other starters I really don't like, I especially hate D/P's starters. :( Fire starters ftw.

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
    Years
    Charmander--I have to say that because he was my first ever pokemon(Ahh sweet Pokemon Red!) and I moved through the whole game kicking butt thanks to him.

Totodile and Treecko are my second and third favs.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    I really don't know; I'm leaning more and more towards Bulbasaur but I've always liked Turtwig overall.

I like the Grass-types of each generation, aside from Johto, where I like Totodile more overall. Fire-types bore me with how easy GF made it to beat the game with them, and there are usually better choices for a water-type.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    My first Pokemon and the one I always loved, was Torchic *cue horror music at the thought I started in Hoenn and not any sooner* so Torchic always has a special place in my heart.

Close second is Totodile. Because Totodile is awesome! And no other Pokemon has quite an awesome name as Feraligatr.

And thirdly, Mudkip. I leik Mudkipz.

S4suk3

-_-"
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2010
    kanto: Charmander
    Johto: Totodile
    Heonn: Treeko
    Sinnoh: Chimchar

SiReNzZ

I ♥ Misty.
    Years
    Charmander . I was always fond of It for a starter and enjoyed using it in Pokémon Red version .

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Kanto:Love 'em all equally, but at the moment am inclined towards Squirtle
    Johto: As above, but Chikorita, as Bayleef is my fave (see sig)
    Hoenn: Torchic
    Sinnoh: Piplup

But, is it just me, or are the starters always ALL awesome and cute??

May.

♥~M e m o r i e s.
    Years
    Kanto: Bulbasuar
    Johto: Cyndaquil
    Hoenn: Mudkip
    Sinnoh: Chimchar
    But I got to say, my favorite out of them all has to be Mudkip.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Kanto: Bulbasaur
    Johto: Totodile
    Hoenn: Mudkip
    Sinnoh: Piplup

If pokemon were real though I would pick Charmander out of all of them because I would be flying every where.

Overall favorite is a split between Bulbasaur/ Totodile

Years
    Kanto- Charmander
    Johto- Cyndaquil
    Hoenn- Meh, Mudkip I suppose.
    Sinnoh- Anything not named Chimchar.

Out of all of them, I like Charmander the most. Yes, I'm a delusional Charizard fan with nostalgia specs, bite me.

Back