• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favourite season?

Cresselia

Plasma Elite
Years
  • My favorite season is season 1. Just because, I love the Kanto region and the 1st generation Pokemon. :)

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
  • Season One and Two.. and season nine too.. season one and two were had several touching moments, whereas season nine had awesome battling in it :P

_mew_

Pallet's Pikachu
    Years
  • Season 1...most probally because well i watched it in the early ages of my childhood so it gives that touching feeling. I didnt see much of the Other seasons...

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
  • 2nd season, because its the only one that has some variety in the gym battles, and both Misty and Tracey.

Indeed.. the gym battles are different from the other seasons.. Not so much of battling, but somehow, it still makes the season's episodes pleasant to watch :)

Years
  • Season Two. Great writing, good resolutions (Ash losing in Indigo, Jessie/James vs. Ash in the Viridian Gym battle), a change of pace with the Orange Islands (even if it was a stall until the writers got their hands on G/S), and Mewtwo references galore.

Just plot, plot, and more plot. Oh my. No wonder I loved it.

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
  • and also not forgetting that Charizard finally listened to Ash in season two.. and the final battle in Season two.. (orange league) where Pikachu versus Dragonite.. that was a totally awesome battle xD

Auron

Legendary Guardian
    Years
  • and Tracey.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Well...I prefer 1st Season. The first episodes.

Ya know, the first episodes (Ash gets his own Pokémon, Ash arrives to Viridian City, Ash crosses Viridian Forest, Ash arrives to Pewter City (I'm learning English names for cities !! xD) and challenges its Gym Leader...) were more seemed to the original game.

Later, in latest 1st Season (But not Indigo League) and 3rd Season, the episode scheme was boring. It was something like:

- Our heroes are lost in a forest (Yeah, I think Ash should buy a compass), are crossing a plain, a river...
    - ...And they find someone that need their help.
    - Ash and his friends offer themselves as voluntieers for helping that person...
    - ...And Team Rocket appear, and kidnappes Pikachu.
    - Ash (Or someone of his friends, or that guy/girl that needed help) sends a Pokémon for freeing Pikachu...
    - And Pikachu uses Thundershock !
    - TEAM ROCKET'S BLASTING OFF AGAIN !!!
    - That guy/girl's problem is solved.
    - And our heroes take leave, crossing towards the horizon at the sunrise.
    - TO BE CONTINUED.
    - Pikachu's Jukebox.

And all the episodes like that @_@

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
  • Well, the first season contained more touching episodes didn't it? xD
    The first season would be better in terms of touching episodes, but battles-wise, I'd say the first episode wasn't as thrilling as the other seasons =/

Guest123_x1

The first season (Kanto)-it seemed much more in touch with the games than future seasons (Johto and beyond). Oh, and less stupid pointless annoying fillers too.

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
    Years
  • i think that the reason why many people enjoyed season one the most because it was the launch season of the anime and many fans were not expecting what new adventures were to come in the weekly episodes. So every episode we saw was always something new and exciting for us. However now we are aware of many things and expect them such as team rockets appearnce to capture some pokemon (mainly pikachu) in order to get themselves promoted, which i have to say gets extremely repetitive.

Generally the battle scenes back in the opening season were very basic with only a few moves finishing off the opponents pokemon and the gym battles were not very dramatic apart from the safron gym battle where ash and the gang had problems. We also were not able to see many pokemon evolve and see how they differ once evolved and the new moves that are learnt during evolution and leveling up.

So because of this, althoguh i enjoyed the first season i found as i watched through all the seasons, that i found the hoenn region seasons the best as by then the battle scenes had become more complex and more interesting as well as plots in the story line and the fact that we got to see pokemon as they evolved.

As for my worst season i have to say that i really did not enjoy the orange league season as it was pretty boring travelling from island to island as well of suffering the loss of a great character misty. And my biggest reason for disliking this season was because of some of the silly story line such as the mystery of the gs ball which i may add was never solved and is probably a forgotten plot and to this day im still wondering if it will ever be mentioned ever again.

mrplanters

The new meaning of legend
    Years
  • Season 1 and 2 those were actually the only seasons of pokemon i really liked. The others were okay but not that great.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Johto Journey's, Orange League, Pokemon Advance, Pokemon Advanced Challenge, Pokemon Advanced battle. Those are all I seem to remember I liked. (Or had the best songs).

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • Indigo League. Almost all the other seasons (excluding Orange league and Johto Journeys) suck. They're just completely fresh out of ideas for storylines, so they use the same ones over and over again with different pokemon.

P.S. Yahoo! 300th post!

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
  • Season 10. Season 10 looks totally great and the filler episodes are like totally interesting and funnier than the Johto ones.

and I love Pochama.... =p It's soooo cute!

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
  • Johto Journey's, Orange League, Pokemon Advance, Pokemon Advanced Challenge, Pokemon Advanced battle. Those are all I seem to remember I liked. (Or had the best songs).

Oh yes, the songs from Pokemon were great.. some were really touching, and some just makes me feel jumpy and happy~ ^^

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
    Years
  • Johto Journey's, Orange League, Pokemon Advance, Pokemon Advanced Challenge, Pokemon Advanced battle. Those are all I seem to remember I liked. (Or had the best songs).

i too have to agree with you on the opening songs of each seaon they were awesome especially the pokemon advanced challenge opening song, i thought the lyrics were well thought of and had some great scenes during it. The only thing i disagree on with you nica is the orange league opening as i really disliked almost everything of that season.

Back