• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favourite season?

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    i too have to agree with you on the opening songs of each seaon they were awesome especially the pokemon advanced challenge opening song, i thought the lyrics were well thought of and had some great scenes during it. The only thing i disagree on with you nica is the orange league opening as i really disliked almost everything of that season.

Dislike season two?? *gasps*
    what did you dislike about it? I just loved the Orange League battle (Pikachu vs Dragonite), and also how Charizard finally listened to Ash.. and a few more stuff.. I thought the second season was one of the more unique seasons in Pokemon.. xD

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    The Orange Islands was the best season because it was original.

The writers didn't have to follow the set formula of the video games. They could try new ideas, such as the breakaway from the typical Gym battles. I liked those battles because they showed real skill on the part of both trainer and Pokémon, rather than just type matching.

It was also a different way of traveling. Instead of walking from place to place, the trainers had to hitch a ride on a boat. Or, in the case of Ash and company, ride a Pokémon.

There were also the different Pokémon. Like the case of the Crystal Onix. It's one of a kind. And then the coloring changes due to climate. It would have been great to see the differences in coloring of as many Pokémon as we could. Same with the Pink Pokémon!

And a new character was introduced: Tracey. Finally, Brock was placed on the sidelines! It was great to see how the group changed with a new character in place.

Yes indeed, the Orange Islands were great.

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
    Years
    Dislike season two?? *gasps*
    what did you dislike about it? I just loved the Orange League battle (Pikachu vs Dragonite), and also how Charizard finally listened to Ash.. and a few more stuff.. I thought the second season was one of the more unique seasons in Pokemon.. xD

well the fact travelling from island to island was pretty boring for me i didnt find it interesting at all. the only thing i did like was probably the gym battles, but the thing that most annoyed me was the forgotten plot of the GS ball what ever happened to it?

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    well the fact travelling from island to island was pretty boring for me i didnt find it interesting at all. the only thing i did like was probably the gym battles, but the thing that most annoyed me was the forgotten plot of the GS ball what ever happened to it?

True.. travelling parts are kinda' boring aren't they? xD But I think travelling parts are boring for almost every seasons because we always look forward to the next exciting battle in the show..

As for the GS ball, I'm equally puzzled and curious as well.. :P

Gym battles were really original.. ahh, the whole season was original, like what Hanako Tabris said in his/her first line! xD

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Gym battles were really original.. ahh, the whole season was original, like what Hanako Tabris said in his/her first line! xD
    Her... Hanako is a girl's name. (Means "child of the flower"!)

For once and for all, the GS Ball was dropped because it served its purpose. It allowed Ash to get to Johto and to the Orange Islands. After Ash went to those two regions, the GS Ball was forgotten for other plot holes.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2007
    My favourite season is season 6, because in this season May had it's first apperance (May is my favourite character :P). And in this season also Contest (which are 100% better than normal battles) had they' first apperance.

Inugami

Years
    My favorite season was the First one.
    Mostly Because The plots were different and understandable. Some parts are emotional (to me) and so far the best!

Seasons 2-5
    It's ok, I still watch it and still happy. Plots start to repeat themselves but nontheless entertaining and funny.

Seasons 6-current Battle Frontier episode
    Plots start to get overplayed and in oter words, boring. I don't really watch it because most of the tme you can predict the ending by just watching the first 5 minutes.

So that's my review.

Back