• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your gym leader type?

Hoenn_Waters

Is patiently waiting for ORAS
Years
  • What's your gym leader type?

BTW,there's a catch. The first 8 people who can post their teams are the " official" gym leaders. A hack of it is also possible

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Since this is more of a game than an actual discussion topic, I'm going to move this over to Pokemon Trivia for you.

I tried doing the first couple steps (everything up to #6), and came up with a Poison-type team consisting of Foongus, Budew, Weedle and Dragalge. That'd have to be one of the easiest Gym Leaders to beat, unless that Dragalge was highly overpowered compared to the other Pokemon.

MOVED.

Years
  • Gym Leader Name (I know this isn't part of it, but I feel like its neccessary): Ike (My nickname IRL)

Generated Number for # of Pokémon: 4

Generated Number for Gym Leader type: 3

Generated Pokémon: Flygon, Gible, Dragonair, Zwelious

Extra stuff: My gym puzzle is sort of like Fantina's gym in Platinum, except this one has a twist. There is a quiz. So it is kind of like a mix between Clemont's gym and Fantina's. There are 3 rooms, then the Gym Leader room. In each room there is a different quiz. You have to make it to the correct answer, and there will be trainers wandering around the maze too. If you pick the wrong answer you will be teleported back to the start of the room. At the start of every room, there will be a guy who asks you a question, first question will be "Which of these Pokémon is Dark/Dragon type?" The choices will be Gible, Deino, and Dratini. The answer will be Deino. "Next question, (as of Pokémon XY) which of these Pokémon do their final forms have a Mega Evolution?" The choices will be Goomy, Tyrunt, and Gible. Gible will be the answer. The final question will be "Which of these Pokémon is NOT a Dragon type?" The choices will be Dratini, Bagon, and Trapinch will be the answer.

Battle Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzLPZml9VRI

Battle Quotes: (first battle): "Hmph. Another challenger. I hope you aren't as easy as the last one. Remember, most starters aren't effective on me, so don't get let down when you get hit with defeat! En garde!"
    (when challenger uses a super-effective move): "So, you've found a strategy, haven't you?"
    (when I'm down to last pokémon): "..."
    (when that Pokémon is weak): "Oh boy."
    (when I win): "I told you to expect it."
    (when challenger wins): "Well I owe it to you. You're better than me at battling!"
    (rematch quotes): "You again. Well, I've gotten a bit better since we've last battled, lets see about you! Lets go!"

Rematch team:
    Kingdra, Flygon, Mega Ampharos, Dragonite, Hydreigon, Goodra

(Also, just to note I'd look sort of like Volkner, except with white hair and a black leather jacket)

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    My initial team will consist of two water-type Pokemon, Mantyke and Frillish. The gym puzzle will be quite simple, as it is presumably one of the first two or three gyms. It will be a maze, with bridges made of water - kinda like Venice. You move around using a gondola, received from the gym guy. Don't wanna bother with battle music, haha. :) I generated four Pokemon for the rematch team, since I wanted to keep Mantyke and Frillish. Simipour, Carracosta, Starmie, Swampert, Mantine and Jellicent will serve as my rematch team.

KatTayle

Cat Pokemon lover
    Years
  • Number of pokemon: 3
    Type: None (blue style)
    Pokemon: Marowak, Klang, Pidove
    Gym setup: Riddles (like Blaine)
    Battle Theme: Girl's Day- Shuppy Shuppy (uh... ok?)

Quotes:

Before Battle: Let's see how good you are, hmm?
    Super Effective: Oh, that's bad.
    Last Pokemon: I bet you can't beat my Klang!
    When it's weak: I'm not finished yet!
    When I win: Better do some training, kid.
    When I lose: Nice match. You're pretty good!

Rematch: I've improved my strategy and I'm ready for a rematch!
    Rematch team: Marowak, Klingklang, Unfeasant, Tropius, Kecleon, Rhyperior

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
  • Leader Ty
    Number or Pokemon: 4
    Type: Normal
    Team: Kecleon, Persian, Unfezant, Mega Kangaskhan
    Rematch Team: Kecleon, Bouffalant, Persian, Pyroar, Unfezant, Mega Kangaskhan
    Gym Setup: Moving floor tile puzzle, a la the Rocket hideout in RBY
    Battle Theme: Fatal Confrontation (Mass Effect OST)

Quotes:
    (challenging) "Feeling dizzy yet? No? Then maybe a battle will do it!"
    (super effective) "Hang in there!"
    (last Poke) "I've still got a thing or two up my sleeve..."
    (weakened) "Don't underestimate a good Reversal!"
    (on win) "Guess your head's still spinning."
    (on loss) "I used every trick I had, and you kept a level head. Congratulations!"
    (on rematch) "Ready for more? Round and round we go!"

For an all Normal team, not too bad. Rough strategy I came up with:
    Spoiler:

Hero of Twilight

Rest in Peace Iwata.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    name: Quinn
    # of pokemon: 4
    gym type: Dark
    team: Skuntank, Cacturne, Scraggy, and (mega)Tyranitar
    puzzle: something like brawly's gym in emerald, which is a pitch black maze, but structured like a haunted house, and for making a wrong turn, a trap activates and you must face a Trainer
    battle music: Deep Shadows from the Hunger games trailer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJWT2bJCbM4

Quotes:
    before battle: Hmm... so you found your way to me. I commend you for that, not many people have been able to say that. However, the fact you are here must be because you want to battle, and battle i shall, but don't expect it to be easy!
    Super Effective: Ow! how dare you!
    Last pokemon: we're not done yet!
    Weakened: Time to show you what we're made of!
    on win: hmph... told you it wouldn't be easy.
    on loss: well, i gave it my all, but you were the stronger trainer, so i guess you deserve this....
    Rematch: You again? you have already proven yourself to be an excellent trainer, but this battle i will not lose!

Rematch team: Shiftry, krookodile, Mightyena, hydreigon, skuntank, and cacturne

Froslass

Ice Champion
    Years
  • General
    Number of Pokemon: #4
    Gym Type: Physic
    Pokemon Team: Alakazam, Beldum, Malamar and Bronzong
    Gym Puzzle: There are ten levels on this gym. Each level will have two doors and consist of a True or False question. The character must choose the correct door (left is true, right is false) in order to proceed. The gym trainers are in random doors and you will battle at least three of them. Every question will increase in difficulty as you go up.
    Battle Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ANIo3TnxbE

Quotes
    Before battle: "Congratulations on answering all the questions and winning all your trainer battles. However, this is where the real challenge will begin...are you ready? Watch out!"
    Super effective: "Good hit!"
    Last Pokemon: "This is getting heated now!"
    Weakened: "We're not giving up yet!"
    Victory: "I did warn you this wasn't going to be easy."
    Loss: "Wow...what an amazing match! You showed initiative and power through your battling, and the bond between you and your pokemon is clearly strong. Here...you deserve this!"

Rematch team: Metagross, Jynx, Alakazam, Xatu, Gallade and Starmie.
    Rematch quote: "So we meet again...since you were gone I've really powered up my Pokemon. Get ready for round two...let's go!

Last edited:

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2016
    Type: Ice (Ironic, considering the previous poster...)
    # of Pokemon: 2
    Team: Spheal and Vanillite
    Rematch Team: Beartic, Aurorus, Glaceon, Mamoswine, Walrein, Vanilluxe
    Puzzle: Just a simple room with slippery floor. Quite the simple Gym...

I'll let the next poster choose the other aspects for my gym... not even bothering...

greenshrub

what is a tittyass hand
    Years
  • Number of Pokemon: 4
    Type: Dark
    Team: Hydreigon, Zorua, Mega Absol, Cacturne
    Extra Stuff: My gym would be pitch black and swarming with trainers as well as other traps. The traps would include giving status problems, flipping the controls (i.e. moving left --> moving right), summoning a trainer, or warping you to a random spot in the gym.
    Battle Theme: Coffee Shop by CNBLUE (wtf)
    Battle Quotes:
    Before a battle: "You clearly possess the determination to navigate through this frustrating room, but are you determined enough to battle and defeat me?"
    When a super-effective move is used: "Strategizing, are you?"
    Down to Last Pokemon: "I've underestimated your power. I'm gonna give it my all!"
    When a Pokemon is weak: "It seems that the odds are in your favor."
    Win: "Next time, don't be afraid of the dark."
    Lose: "Here. You've earned it."
    Rematch quote: "Back, are you? This time, I'm showing no mercy!"
    Rematch Team: Mega Houndoom, Shiftry, Mandibuzz, Umbreon, Bisharp, Hydreigon

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Number of pokemon: 5
    Type: Water
    Pokemon: Poliwrath, Omanyte, Milotic, Kabutops, Vaporeon
    Gym setup: Current based maze (Like Team Flare's lair in X and Y but on a surfing pokemon)
    Battle Theme: Jiyuu no Tsubasa - Linked Horizon (Eh, I prefer the other one.)

Before Battle: Fighting the current just leaves you swimming in place!
    Super Effective: You're smart, but that's not enough.
    Last Pokemon: Vaporeon can take on whatever you've got left!
    When it's weak: It's not over 'til one of us sinks.
    When I win: Looks like you're struggling to stay afloat.
    When I lose: I'm the one drowning...

Rematch Quote: I won't lose a second time.
    Rematch Team: Sharpedo, wailord, starmie, huntail, jellicent, slowking

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2016
    GUYS! WHY ARE YOU USING TYPES THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN TAKEN BY ANOTHER POSTER, CAN'T YOU JUST REROLL THE NUMBER IF YOU GET A TYPE OWNED BY ANOTHER POSTER UNDER 8 POSTS AGO? COME ON!!! NO REGION IN THE ENTIRE SERIES HAS 2 GYMS OF THE SAME TYPE!

Aw, Binacles.... I need to post a Gym type again, but I already did one, so I'll repeat.

Type: Ice
    # of Pokemon: 2
    Puzzle: Just a simple room with slippery floor. Quite the simple Gym...
    Team: Spheal and Vanillite
    Rematch Team: Beartic, Aurorus, Glaceon, Mamoswine, Walrein, Vanilluxe

Do I need to do a Battle Theme and quotes? No thank you. If I need one, you decide for me, next poster.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2014
    Number of Pokemon: 6
    Type: Ghost
    Pokemon: Misdreavus, Froslass, Mismagius, Gourgeist, Rotom, Haunter
    Gym setup: It will be a haunted ride and 5 forks in the rode. 1 track leads to a dead end with a trainer the other track keeps going.
    Battle Theme: Black Widow - Iggy Azalea ft. Rita Ora

Before Battle: Hocus Pocus, creatures of night. My ghosts won't go down without a fight.
    Super Effective: I'm fairly impressed.
    Last Pokemon: You may have done great so far but are you ready for the Haunted Haunter?
    When it's weak: Don't celebrate just yet. Haunter is one tough cookie.
    When I win: Looks like my creeps have creeped you out hmhm.
    When I lose: How could I have lost?!?!

Rematch Quote: Well, Well, Well, you're back for another try I see.
    Rematch Team: Golurk, Aegislash, Trevenant, Drifblim, Mega Gengar, Cofagrigus

Years
  • Number of pokemon: 5
    Type: Water
    Pokemon: Croconaw, Lanturn, Palpitoad, Skrelp, and Floatzel
    Puzzle: Indoor surfing.
    Battle theme: Thrift shop (oh boy)

Before Battle: There's no time for introductions in this gym. Let's get this show on the road!
    Super effective move: Good choice, man. Don't get a big head about that, though!
    Last pokemon: Well, I better pull off a monstrous sweep here to snatch up victory...
    When it's weak: I see you're on the verge of victory. It would be a shame if this battle ended so quickly.
    When I win: Well, you did your best.
    When I lose: Well, good game. I guess that's it, so take your badge.
    Rematch quote: Here again? Good luck plowing through my team like last time!
    Rematch team: Swampert, Crawdaunt, Alomomola, Kabutops, Gyarados and Sharpedo

USC Yuuka

The USC
    Years
  • # of Pokemons: 3

Type of Pokemons: Rock

Pokemons: Rhyperior, Tyrantum, Magcargo (Really really surprised of this decent team. o.o)

Puzzle: The gym would be set up so that there are floating rocks and some rocks move you left and right to different platforms and some move you up and down to different floors. It would be like Byron's gym but more Willy Wonka if you know what I mean c:

Battle Music: Yobanashi Deceive - IA (Pretty awesome)

Quotes:
    Before Battle: Oh, another trainer? I wonder how long you'll stubbornly hold on before falling off the mountain.
    Super Effective: My *insert Pokemon name* has taken harder blows before!
    Last Pokemon: They say I'm pretty tenacious when times get rough.
    When it's weak: You're not the king/queen of the hill yet!
    When I win: You may have climbed the mountain, but you haven't conquered it!
    When I lose: Ack! Well, even the tallest mountain can be scaled...
    After Battle text: *sigh* Guess I lost... Here, I'm supposed to give you this badge now. *Insert generic badge text here* Oh, and also, take this: *insert TM and explanation of TM* I only give this to the first challenger that beats me every day. When I was a kid, everyone kept saying that I couldn't become a strong trainer because I was small and a girl. But I was stubborn and kept pursuing that dream, and look where I ended up! The *insert #* gym leader! *Insert player name*, keep stubbornly pursue your dreams and you'll go far, I believe in you.

Rematch Quote: Welcome back to my humble abode Champion *player's name*. I knew you had it in you to go far! But I'm stronger now too, and not the small hill you defeated last time. Hit me with all you've got!
    Rematch Team: Mega Tyranitar, Mega Aerodactyl, Tyrantrum, Rhyperior, Magcargo, Carracosta (This generator loves me owo)
    Rematch Quote I Win: You've gone far, but you still have a ways to go.
    Rematch Quote I Lose: Eh heh, as expected from the Champion.

Years
  • Oh, this looks like so much fun!

Name: Aniah
    Number Of Pokémon: 2
    Type: Dragon
    Pokémon List: Flygon, Dragonite
    About The Gym: There are gym trainers that stand next to a question box. If you get the question right, you don't have to battle. If you get it wrong, however, be ready for a challenge!
    Theme Song: Nightcore- Everything At Once (Originally By Lenka)

Before Battle: "Ah, welcome to my gym! I see you have succeeded in answering all of my questions! Were they tough for you, or did you blow by them easily? Don't answer that, for you have one more question to answer! My final question for you is, are you prepared to face me?"
    When Hit By Super Effective Move: "How dare you! You are truly disgraceful!"
    With Last Pokémon: "This is a fight for destiny! Let fate decide the winner!"
    When Last Pokémon Is Weak: "No, I simply refuse to crumble at your power!"
    If I Win: "I have won, for fate has offered me a victory!"
    If I Lose: "I see that fate has let you win, and for that, I have no regrets."

Rematch Quotes

Before Battle: "Did you miss me? It seems so, since you came back to challenge me! Well, let's get a move on, since it is our destiny!"
    When Hit By Super Effective Move: "I'll try to pretend you never did that!"
    With Last Pokémon: "Not again! This is like last time!"
    When Last Pokémon Is Weak: "Our fate hangs in the balance! Stay strong my beloved Pokémon!"
    If I Win: "Our destiny is fulfilled, for I am claimed victorious!"
    If I Lose: "Once again, I bow at your greatness, and I have no rage."

Rematch Pokémon List: Dragonite, Flygon, Mega Ampharos, Druddigon, Noivern, Tyrantrum

ShiningHelioptile