• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Whats your most annoying point about Pokemon Diamond and Pearl?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Eh, you can scroll in the Backpack using the Pokeball on the touch screen. You rotate it either way to make the list go up or down. It's a tad bit faster, but can slow you down if you do it too fast.

Empty your backpack, then.

The fact that Tropius is the only unobtainable non Starter/Legendary. It just bugs me.

I don't think you can get Tangela anywhere either.

Last edited:
    Years
    The lack of information available on GTS is irritating. You should be able to read all about the Pokemon you want.

The fact that people can hack Pokemon gets to me, completely ruins the game IMO.

Every time you fight the Elite 4, they say exactly the same things to you. Could the leaders not change every now and then? or perhaps the Pokemon in the battle tower give you experience points? It seems strange that you can have level 100 yet every one else seems to stop at 60 or so.

kazuya.

Ev'rybody Alright!
    Years
    The fact that they talk to much when you beat the E4, and they never remember that you have already beaten Cynthia and say the same mess every time.

Totally agree.

I laugh everytime when Cynthia said "I can't remember the last time I was put in a corner like this!"

C'mon I have beaten you 30 times.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Eh, you can scroll in the Backpack using the Pokeball on the touch screen. You rotate it either way to make the list go up or down. It's a tad bit faster, but can slow you down if you do it too fast.

Empty your backpack, then.

I don't think you can get Tangela anywhere either.
    Well I guess you forgot TM & HM bagpack...
    It really wastes my time when I have to scroll to HM08...

Cmon dahlin, at least Tangela is cute...

The most thing that annoys me is the evolution of old Pokemon... Why does Magmortar, Electivire, Togekiss, Tangrowth, Rhyperior, Dusknoir, Probopass, Lickilicky have to become a very very fat horrible thingys...?

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    I actually kind of like dusknoir, and tangrowth looks like a complete badass xD
    I don't mind the scroll speed, because I organized my bag so the most important things are at the top.
    Really the only thing about D/P I don't like is the surf speed and the fact that your secret base has to be underground.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I actually kind of like dusknoir, and tangrowth looks like a complete badass xD
    I don't mind the scroll speed, because I organized my bag so the most important things are at the top.
    Really the only thing about D/P I don't like is the surf speed and the fact that your secret base has to be underground.
    I have to agree about the Secret Base and Surfing speed...
    I also think that the saving time is way too slow...

Z o M B ii 3

Upgrade your Grey Matter.
    Years
    Snow in Snowpoint and The Great Marsh.
    The Underground system.
    I hate pretty much any cave in any game.
    The same old story line.
    Surfing Speed.
    Horrible Battle Tower.
    Low quality pokemon artwork.
    Alot more, just can't remember.
    Haha.

Years
    Getting stuck in the marsh is a pain & those weird rocks that you have to shift gears to jump over :/ I always get stuck...

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I think the most annoying points are:

Surf speed
    Getting stuck in the stupid marsh
    The defog area (if you havent got defog on you)
    Hidden Rock Climb in the snow
    Unable to run in the snow
    The amount of Dragon non-Legendaries (about 1)

That is about it.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    How much slower battles are in DP. You get used to it, but when you go back to the 3rd gen, battles zoom along.

Years
    The spped of even the bike is too slow. Half the time im on it and thinking am I in the slow gear and try and speed up it goes no faster. The whole thing is slow. Battling does take too long. Even with the battle effects off. The speed of the text is too slow. And when you get a new item it goes straight to the bottom of the bag and I got to scroll through way too many items to get to it. Just put new ones at the top. Or have a button like on the dex that you can just go straight to the bottom of it.

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
    I 'm honestly not a fan of the 3-D overworld effects.
    It looks too blocky. Maybe if it was more round...
    Did I mention Spiritomb is the end of society?

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
    The most annoying part is that you have to kee alternating betwen the touch screen and the buttons. The designers could have come up with a better way to utilize both without making people switch so much.

I's comparable to online games that make you switch from the mouse t the keybard. It can drive some people nuts. XD

Your signature is absolutely priceless.

Years
    Now that I think about it a bit more, having seen what the Nintendo DS is capable of with games like Super Mario 64 DS and Metroid Prime Hunters, it is somewhat dissapointing that they never pushed the DS just a little bit more with this game, I know it's still an awesome game and it's addictive as all hell, but it's one of Nintendo's biggest franchises so you'd expect them to all out for it and such.

Not a major complaint by any means, but still.

Years
    I think it's amazing they can fit all 577/578 Pokemon in the game and for it to fit each pokemons exact stats, not to mention all the players stat and items and all that noise, all on that teensy wency little ickle tiny catridge. After managing that, I think I can forgive them for any annoying things. Especially the time it takes to save sometimes. Oh and while I think about it, it really bugs me how long it takes between turning on the DS and actually being in the game. Far too many title screens and button pressing needed.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The fact that when you go on wifi you battle someone who looks just like you. I wish that on wifi you could use your union room person.

Years
    Mine probably with the Nintendo Power hint books for main story and that National PokeDex companion book.

The ink keeps running and smudging in mine.

As for the games? The way the male hero walks. It looks too runway & catty.

Bludycomicsinc

If you can read this.....
    Years
    DAMMIT snowpoint sucks!

I hate snowpoint city.I never want to go back there again.It's the fact you can not run, you can not use your bike,and when you walk your slower than a snail.I don't mind the great marsh that much but the path to snowpoint is soooooo long.Why did they put this in the game!It's the most annoying thing EVER!

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
    (before i reply, i got a new computer yay!)

Now, after turning Diamond on and all save stuff had been deleted, I hate everything about the game. I played 600+ hours.. I save and shut off and I come back, turn it on and everything was DELETED. I had to start over.. SO irritating, ya know?

Back