• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Whats your most annoying point about Pokemon Diamond and Pearl?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    (before i reply, i got a new computer yay!)

Now, after turning Diamond on and all save stuff had been deleted, I hate everything about the game. I played 600+ hours.. I save and shut off and I come back, turn it on and everything was DELETED. I had to start over.. SO irritating, ya know?
    Now you have me scared but thats a good reason to be annoyed.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    what i hate about it, well not really much

but i hate the part when you first go to Snowpoint city, HATED IT!!!!!!!!!!!>< not only was it soooooo long I could barely see will that huge blizzard not to mention the trainers there tired me out as we when further

And also venturing through Mt.Coronet the 2nd time trying to get to Cyrus,that was annoying as well, the wild Pokemon and Team Galactic were trying as well i was so happy when i was done with that

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    what i hate about it, well not really much

but i hate the part when you first go to Snowpoint city, HATED IT!!!!!!!!!!!>< not only was it soooooo long I could barely see will that huge blizzard not to mention the trainers there tired me out as we when further

And also venturing through Mt.Coronet the 2nd time trying to get to Cyrus,that was annoying as well, the wild Pokemon and Team Galactic were trying as well i was so happy when i was done with that

I forgot to mention the slow travel in the snow. I hated that. I also hated the amount of trainers there were before you even got to Snowpoint.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Kricketot...
    Hayley asked me to get her one forthe ranch and it took me forever, firstly because it was day meaning i had to wait til 8:00 and once even then it was a pain. Once i finally found one i accidentally ran from it, because i had been running from Bidoof's, Starly's and Shinx's, so it had become natural.
    After running from that one it took me another 10 minutes to find another, if i ever see another Kricketot again i'm going to go crazy!

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Srry I scared you. My friend is borrowing diamond, currently. I play firered, now.
    You really scared me... My Japanese Pearl... The play time is over 500...

Kricketot...
    Hayley asked me to get her one forthe ranch and it took me forever, firstly because it was day meaning i had to wait til 8:00 and once even then it was a pain. Once i finally found one i accidentally ran from it, because i had been running from Bidoof's, Starly's and Shinx's, so it had become natural.
    After running from that one it took me another 10 minutes to find another, if i ever see another Kricketot again i'm going to go crazy!
    I envy you I rarely encounter a Kricketot...

Ah! I remember the another annoying thing is Kricketune's cry....

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    You really scared me... My Japanese Pearl... The play time is over 500...

I envy you I rarely encounter a Kricketot...

Ah! I remember the another annoying thing is Kricketune's cry....

Thats odd, Kricketot has an amazing cry and it is quite common at night.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Kricketot...

wow............i encounter Kricketots all the time, I could probably capture ten of them quickly if i wanted too

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    The time I got most annoyed was probably when I was in Mt. Coronet, trying to get the Spear Pillar, and I kept on getting attacked by wild Pokemon every five steps. The weirdest part was, I was using Max Repels all through the mountain...

ditto><
    I alwasy hated that my pokemon were in the 40s at the time and my newly caught Carnivine get getting beaten by wil Gobats that i kept trying to escape but they wouldn't let me >< aaaaaaaaaaggggggghhhhh

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    I think the most annoying part about D/P was Candice's Gym. The snowball challenge was kinda difficult for me.
    Other than that, I liked it all!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    I think the most annoying part about D/P was Candice's Gym. The snowball challenge was kinda difficult for me.
    Other than that, I liked it all!

Sort-of fun to bash through those giant snowballs

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
    First, to comment on things people have said already:

- True, in your bag, you can organise your items so the most important ones are on top. The problem is, if you give an item to a Pokemon then take it back, it appears at the very end of the list in your Bag. I have several Arceus plates in my bag and keep alternating them between my Pokemon, so this is really annoying.

- The mud in the Great Marsh isn't hard to get through if you get stuck. Just turn around in a circle and you'll come right out. In the Great Marsh it's actually a plus to get stuck in the mud because it allows you to stay in one place for a few paces, thus extending your time. Whenever I go into the Great Marsh, I look for places to get stuck in the mud.

And some new complaints:

- The appeal round of Pokemon Contests was better in R/S/E in my opinion. If only they could just replace the final round of the Super Contests with the final round of the original Contests, that would be perfect. The thing that really sucks about the Super Contests is that you can't take points away from other Pokemon, and you can't Startle or Unnerve or boost condition. Plus, three judges makes it both confusing and hard to get the crowd going.

-There's no way to reverse the effects of Poffins!

-There's no way to change the name of your main character after you start the game. This has bugged me in every single Pokemon game I own; I wish I can change the name of my Colosseum character, especially...

-Two words: Surf speed. Nowadays when I play Emerald, I go "Wheeee!" when I Surf because I'm used to the slow D/P speed.

-If you don't pick Chimchar as a starter, the only fire Pokemon available before you defeat the Elite 4 is Ponyta. X_X

-Geodude appears ALL OVER THE PLACE! It's annoying because it can Selfdestruct, and if I'm training a Normal or Fire-type Pokemon.

-After you defeat Cyrus at the Spear Pillar (he's tough to beat in the first place), you immediately have to battle Dialga/Palkia, and you don't get a chance to heal your Pokemon inbetween. Both times when I did that, I only had one Pokemon able to battle by the time I faced the legendary. Good thing I had some Revives...

-Murkrow/Misdreavus seems harder to catch than Dialga/Palkia does...

-You can't get the Razor Claw (needed to evolve Sneasel) until you beat the Elite 4. It's especially annoying because you can catch Sneasel before the Elite 4, but then it's stuck a Sneasel until after the Elite 4.

-Those stupid boulders in your Secret Base, and the fact that they're so hard to remove.

-You can't migrate Pokemon from GBA games until you beat the Elite 4.

-Before you beat the Elite 4, the only two Pokemon that can learn False Swipe are Kricketot/tune and Sneasel. (Though I admit a False-Swiping Sneasel is useful for capturing Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf because of its immunity to psychic attacks.)

-You can't get the Super Rod until after you beat the Elite 4.

-You can't change the nickname of a traded Pokemon. I wish they would just display the original nickname of the Pokemon in its Summary, and you can change the current nickname however you like. I hate getting unnicknamed Pokemon in trades because of this...

-You can't get the non-letter seals until you get to Sunnyshore City, meaning until you get seven badges and battle Dialga/Palkia.

-You can't display more than one picture of your own Pokemon in the photo booth in Jubilife City. Moreover, why not allow you to display the picture in the Pokemon's Summary?

-You can't deposit a Pokemon in the PC when it has a Ball Capsule on it! I wish you can just keep the capsule on while it's in the PC, so you don't have to apply it again when you take the Pokemon out.

-Your Secret Base appears in the Underground instead of various places in Sinnoh. I liked the concept of secret bases better in R/S/E--even the variety of items available there was better then in my opinion.

-You can't catch Ditto until you beat the Elite 4!!!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021

- True, in your bag, you can organise your items so the most important ones are on top. The problem is, if you give an item to a Pokemon then take it back, it appears at the very end of the list in your Bag. I have several Arceus plates in my bag and keep alternating them between my Pokemon, so this is really annoying.

- The mud in the Great Marsh isn't hard to get through if you get stuck. Just turn around in a circle and you'll come right out. In the Great Marsh it's actually a plus to get stuck in the mud because it allows you to stay in one place for a few paces, thus extending your time. Whenever I go into the Great Marsh, I look for places to get stuck in the mud.

And some new complaints:

- The appeal round of Pokemon Contests was better in R/S/E in my opinion. If only they could just replace the final round of the Super Contests with the final round of the original Contests, that would be perfect. The thing that really sucks about the Super Contests is that you can't take points away from other Pokemon, and you can't Startle or Unnerve or boost condition. Plus, three judges makes it both confusing and hard to get the crowd going.

-There's no way to change the name of your main character after you start the game. This has bugged me in every single Pokemon game I own; I wish I can change the name of my Colosseum character, especially...

-Two words: Surf speed. Nowadays when I play Emerald, I go "Wheeee!" when I Surf because I'm used to the slow D/P speed.

-If you don't pick Chimchar as a starter, the only fire Pokemon available before you defeat the Elite 4 is Ponyta. X_X

-Geodude appears ALL OVER THE PLACE! It's annoying because it can Selfdestruct, and if I'm training a Normal or Fire-type Pokemon.

-After you defeat Cyrus at the Spear Pillar (he's tough to beat in the first place), you immediately have to battle Dialga/Palkia, and you don't get a chance to heal your Pokemon inbetween. Both times when I did that, I only had one Pokemon able to battle by the time I faced the legendary. Good thing I had some Revives...

-You can't get the Razor Claw (needed to evolve Sneasel) until you beat the Elite 4. It's especially annoying because you can catch Sneasel before the Elite 4, but then it's stuck a Sneasel until after the Elite 4.

-Those stupid boulders in your Secret Base, and the fact that they're so hard to remove.

-Before you beat the Elite 4, the only two Pokemon that can learn False Swipe are Kricketot/tune and Sneasel. (Though I admit a False-Swiping Sneasel is useful for capturing Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf because of its immunity to psychic attacks.)

-You can't change the nickname of a traded Pokemon. I wish they would just display the original nickname of the Pokemon in its Summary, and you can change the current nickname however you like. I hate getting unnicknamed Pokemon in trades because of this...

-You can't get the non-letter seals until you get to Sunnyshore City, meaning until you get seven badges and battle Dialga/Palkia.

-You can't display more than one picture of your own Pokemon in the photo booth in Jubilife City. Moreover, why not allow you to display the picture in the Pokemon's Summary?

-You can't deposit a Pokemon in the PC when it has a Ball Capsule on it! I wish you can just keep the capsule on while it's in the PC, so you don't have to apply it again when you take the Pokemon out.

-Your Secret Base appears in the Underground instead of various places in Sinnoh. I liked the concept of secret bases better in R/S/E--even the variety of items available there was better then in my opinion.

wow.......................thats alot, lol

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016

And some new complaints:

I luv ya complain, you really save my time x) I don't have to type too much now. XDD

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Kricketot...

I hate Kricketot... I just annoies me so much. I try and go on Catching sprees but whenever I try and find Kricketot it doesn't appear. Then when I give up it's there! Annoying!! I also don't like the snow towards Snowpoint, or the amount of trainers because it takes soooooooooo long. Snowpoint Temple's annoying as well. The ice proves very easy. A waste of time. If it were harder and more windy uppy, it would be better (I prefer harder things). The Battle Zones are not very good either. What are Resort and Survival area for? The one thing that is reasonably good is Battle Tower.

That I suppose is all the others I have for now...

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    I don't have Diamond or Pearl yet... :( ...but from what I've heard about it, here are some of my future problems with it:

The fact that I currently don't own either of them (or a DS) and I have to wait for Platinum because of this...

-Surf Speed. I sorta take the Gen. 3 surfing speed for granted...I feel sorry for the Gen.4 one...

Auto-Level I've heard that on Wi-Fi, that it matches your own Pkmn's level to your opponents? That really gets on my nerves since it just ruins the spirit of taking the time to train your Pkmn. Plus, if you don't actually have to train, that detracts from the game's replay value, something that should not be lowered.

Infinite Items In Bag This would be a better feature for the PC, since you don't use that as much. And when found/taken items get sent to the bottom of the bag, that can be a hassle (even in Gen. 3 with a item limit in the bag)

Number of Legendaries While it's kinda better/cool to be able to use more legendaries to battle, it's better to save legendaries for future games to conserve ideas. Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus, the Lake Trio, Manaphy, and maybe Regigigas would've been fine for Gen. 4. Cresselia and Darkrai could've been saved for light & dark or dreams & nightmares. Heatran could've been saved for another game and used a counterpart to volcanoes/magma.

Manaphy & Shaymin It's either Manaphy. Or Shaymin. Not both! The other Gens had one each, so Gen. 4 should, too. The other one can easily be saved for the next Gen. (IMO, Gen.4 should have Shaymin, simply because there are already too many Legendary Pkmn related to water, mainly Lugia and Kyogre; partially Palkia due to type)

Phione That thing is just a plain Manaphy ripoff that can't even evolve...

Banette's Evos In Ruby/Sapphire, Duskull and Shuppet are seen as counterparts, but only Dusclops evolves? Dusknoir's cool and all, but Banette deserves an Evo, too!

Lickilicky & Ambipom ...........

Um...that's all I can think of. Ninetales pretty much said the rest.

Years
    The most annoying part is that you have to kee alternating betwen the touch screen and the buttons. The designers could have come up with a better way to utilize both without making people switch so much.

I's comparable to online games that make you switch from the mouse t the keybard. It can drive some people nuts. XD

I think they used the Touch screen very well, the only time you use the touch screen is when you get in a battle, using bag etc. So you know when you are going to use it... And you don't have to use the touch screen if you want, you can use the normal D-Pad, in battle.....

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    The most annoying point on Pokemon Diamond/Pearl would have to be wifi errors :paranoid:

Back