• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your oldest pokemon

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    like how long did you have it for ever since u exported it from previous gens, or just had it for very long since 4th gen?

also was it ever possible to export 2nd gen pokemon to the 3rd gen games?

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
    My oldest pokemon would probably be my Swampert that I had on my sapphire version that I recently imported. I hadn't played sapphire for years before now.

As for your second question, no you couldn't import from 2nd gen to 3rd gen. 3rd gen was completely cut off from all previous generations, kind of like a reboot.

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    I had a Pikachu for like two years because I never used the game, but ... other than that not much, just my lv. 67 Charizard in Red.

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years
    My lvl 100 Swello that i got on my platinum importanted from my ruby file that i got 4 days after ruby came lout

Years
    My oldest Gen 3/Gen 4 Pokemon would probably be... my Blaziken which is currently in my LeafGreen. I got it when I started my Sapphire version, way back in June of 2003, probably.

My oldest Gen 1/ Gen 2 Pokemon would probably be the Venusaur from my original Blue version file, unless that didn't survive. That was from October of 1999.

Years
    i still have my red version from way back when and my oldest pokemon is definitely my charizard, and you know what? even after all these years charizard is still an epic pokemon (not so much in battles though cause of the whole stealth rock craze lol)

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    Gardenvoire, but lost him to data corruption...

The Red Chain

Oooo that's a good question, but a tough one for me personally..
    I have Blue and Silver versions but I dunno the files on those and I'm too lazy to go check.. XD;

So we'll say the starter on either of those I guess. :x
    Which are Charmander and Cyndaquil respectively.

Last edited:

FlameShocker

C++/ASM Programmer
    Years
    I don't know for sure, but maybe it's my shiny Crobat that I caught as a Zubat in my Diamond version on April 23, 2007 (FYI, the day after Diamond and Pearl's release date). There might have been some imports of older Pokémon, but most of them got deleted when my Wii got bricked (they were in My Pokémon Ranch), and yes, I have hacked my Wii (that's why it got bricked). Still, there were some things I left in my Diamond version, but I'm too lazy to go check right now.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    I have my oldest Pokemon as Suicune I believe from Pokemon Colosseum which I played and transferred over Suicune with the two other dogs to my Hoenn game. I'm not too sure, but it's one of those three dogs as I still have them while I deleted my save file of Pokemon Colosseum.

For the old games I never had Blue or Red, I jumped in when Crystal came out. My starter on there was Chikorita which in the end was Meganium who I still currently have somewhere in that room of mine.

Years
    My oldest pokemon would have to be my Lv. 14 bulbasaur that i have in my old pokemon blue, i restarted it when i was little and never got round to buying more batteries so i could catch up.

Years
    My oldest Pokemon has to be something on my Yellow or Silver version, I haven't played them for years.
    When not counting this, the oldest Pokemon I still have would be an Aggron I once did a solo run with on a Sapphire file which contains almost all Pokemon I ever used in generation III games since then. Not sure if I still have that file though.
    In that case, my oldest Pokemon would be Duplicate the Raticate from my Brown run. I caught it on the 24th of May, so that's already 9 days =D

Yes, I know, I fail horribly at conserving Pokemon.

MagitekElite

FFFFUUUUU
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2013
    My oldest Pokemon is Bulbasaur. He/She is still on my copy of Red. I lost my DS (It broke) so I never got the chance to trade him :c

He's at the top level, and his partner friend is my lv. 78 Pikachu lol

HugSomebody

Trust me!~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    I have a Lapras on my Pearl that I somehow got from my Emerald, but I don't think you could even catch Lapras in Emerald. Still, I love that thing.

Back