• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your opinion of the above game?

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
    This is a simple thread.

Give your opinion of the game above you, and submit your own video game to be judged. If someone does not give a game, then the next poster skips judging what doesn't exist and submits their own.

Rules
    -Please do not give opinions of your own game.

-Please keep your opinions professional. If you have a gripe with a game explain it, don't just throw a bunch of petty insults.

-Please try and keep your posts to a few paragraphs. It's a brief opinion not a journalistic review.

Now do note this isn't a simple rating thread. Give your opinion, not a fraction!

This thread has a sister: Recommend a Video Game! If you want to give your opinion of your own choice in game, check it out!!!

So for mine I will chose a game that's either a hit or miss for shooter/action fans.

Far-Cry 2

Last edited:

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    Did... did I do this already? It sounds familiar.

With Far Cry 2, I enjoyed several aspects of the game. You could choose a specific character to play as (didn't really change the game, really), craft your own levels, and the weapons were 'iffy' and unreliable if you picked them up from enemies (I don't know why I liked that feature so much but I wish Ubisoft would bring it back as an option at least.)

I didn't like the malaria bit at all. It felt hokey to me and a bit forced. Sometimes the vehicle controls would annoy me but not so much as to ruin the game. I also liked being able to fix the random clunkers laying about and the overall interactive society in the game. I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10. Not my favorite, but definitely worth playing at least once. It didn't really have a memorable soundtrack, but I had a blast ambushing patrols with IEDs and sniping them off from great distances.

My pick: Weapon Lord for the SNES.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
    Oh goodie! It's terrible. Halo is my second favorite series I've bought books, art, all the games (most of which are collectors editions) figures, replica weapons, and a lot of other merchandise but Halo 5 is not halo. It's Counter Strike GO + Black Ops 3 with halo paint on and only panders to eSports losers while ignoring the base that made it popular in the first place.

My only hope for the series is Reach Anni and H3 Anni then I'm never giving 343 a cent again since they obviously have better customers to buy their games than us original fans now.

Oh and the armor and maps are terrible too.

Spoiler:

I thought they'd learn a lesson from Halo 4. Obviously they learned the wrong one...

Here's a great SP game.

Sleeping Dogs

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 13, 2024
    Sleeping Dogs
    I've only played a bit of it so far, but I really like it! The setting and characters, especially - being Chinese myself, it's so rare that we're ever actually portrayed in games/media like this (ie. not terrible caricatures/one-dimensional, but actually just as people), so I thought that was pretty cool. And although I've never been there myself, my parents are actually from Hong Kong so it was interesting to compare the way the city is portrayed to what I hear of it and sometimes see on TV. From what I remember of the leveling system, it was pretty unique, and although I'm not finished I've heard great things about the story itself.

This reminds me to get back into it when I have time, I really did enjoy it a lot, haha.

How about The Last of Us?

Years
    Juno already knows my opinion of this game lol

The Last of Us is probably my favorite game of the last generation of consoles. I was a fan of Naughty Dog's Uncharted games, but when I first played The Last of Us I was blown away by the narrative, gameplay, graphics, and music. And the acting, omg. Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson did a phenomenal job playing Joel and Ellie.

I think it's a masterpiece and I hope Naughty Dog's games continue to be of this quality.

What about Undertale?

Back