• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your pokemon pet peeve?

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    The series is stagnant. It needs to evolve into a full console experience with deeper options and more customization. keep the wifi and expand upon it. No... we get same stuff over and over.

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
  • The series is stagnant. It needs to evolve into a full console experience with deeper options and more customization. keep the wifi and expand upon it. No... we get same stuff over and over.

True also.

As far as Pokecommunity's concerned, I act as if D/P/Pt never happened.

But that's a different discussion

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
    Years
  • Status effects (heheh my teams new moveset revolves around them. XD im such a hypocrit.), and when you need HMs to get around (i delete all HM spots in ROMS before i play it. except for surfing.i wish i could do that on my ds and gba lol)

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Scenario:
    Wild Golbat appeared!
    RUN.
    Cannot Escape!
    Golbat used Confuse Ray!
    Your Pokemon is now confused!

And it goes on for way longer than it should!
    That's mine, what are yours?
    Basically any Pokemon that puts me in a situation like that irritates me to no end. If I remember right, the most notorious ones were the Wobbuffet in Cerulean Cave in FireRed. You don't even have a chance at running with that blasted Shadow Tag, and by the time you get to Mewtwo, half your Pokes have been pwned by the stupid blue punching bags. >.<

In FireRed as a whole, there seem to be way too many Poison types to fight, what with Team Rocket and all the bikers and such, so I kept getting poisoned all the time and had to drag along a zillion antidotes (hooray for them being cheap).

Another thing that gets my goat is Protect/Detect prolonging what could otherwise be a quick trainer battle. Those NPCs just love wasting turns, don't they?

Confusion is irritating, but I keep a Yellow Flute on all my games, so it's not a bother anymore (I also keep a blue one). >:3

When I was playing through Colosseum, going through the Mt. Battle part to get Ho-oh after having purified everything, there was one trainer whose first Pokemon paralyzed my Gyarados with Stun Spore or somesuch, and after I pwned that Pokemon, they sent out a Ninetales, which should have been a piece of cake, but it used Attract and Confuse Ray on poor Gyarados on top of his paralysis, so he got pwned, and so did my other two Pokemon (though I managed to KO the Ninetales, the trainer's last Pokemon did me in). It was a battle I only lost because of one stupid status. I only lost to two other trainers out of the whole 100 (though one of them was really irritating and I had to fight him 5 times) and had like 80-something continues. :/

EDIT: Oh yeah. HMs are irritating, though only the ones that are utterly useless in battle, yet you need them to get around (Rock Smash, I'm glaring at you). Defog and Rock Climb aren't so bad, 'cause you only need 'em in certain specific spots. Fly, Surf, Waterfall, and Strength are decent attacks, and Cut is kinda OK, but Rock Smash does basically nothing! You'd think an attack used for smashing boulders would do more damage than that. A lot more. >.>

Last edited:

Darkjagwar

lollerskates now available
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    Drake's Flygon in RSE. It has Levitate, but then uses Dig to go underground. I use Earthquake b/c it does 2x damage against digging pokémon, BUT since Flygon still has Levitate, it's unaffected even though its underground. What were these guys on, dude?

.Fenris

Just a bystander, don't shoot!
    Years
  • Battling Candice's Froslass in Platinum and getting OHKO'd each time, to add insult to injury, the Pokemon I use is 15 levels higher than Froslass.

Last edited:

ISa56

-Soul Silver? HECK YES!
    Years
  • The fact that every main series Pokemon game has a villanous team.

Years
  • Like most people on here, when you can't escapt from a Pokemon then it confuses you or puts you to sleep. Also, when gym leaders use a Full Restore on their last Pokemon when you're about to beat them. It basically is mocking you and telling you to start over. Another thing I don't like is how the ledges are one way, it gets annoying after a while. Finally, the last thing, even though there's probably more things I don't like, is how there isn't really a shortcut to the gym leaders in the gym. I don't know why it bothers me, I guess I'd just like to get things over with.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Wasting 56 Ultraballs on Articuno, only to have it go into a Pokeball....Yeah, that was an "ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?" moment...

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • The fact that in D/P, you can't store items in a PC, and you have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the bag when you're transferring Exp. Share between Pokemon. I also hate Golbats, Machoke... Caves in general. XD

Like many others, I don't like status ailments either. Particularly poisoning. One of my team members always seems to be susceptible to poison... XD

HaZard2k8

I Leik Mudkipz! =D
    Years
  • When your in a battle that would be normally a quick one-hit KO. Instead, they use Protect/Detect constantly and you can never land a attack unless they choose a different move or it fails.

ArmedDragoon

Psyduck Trainer
    Years
  • Missing awesome Pokemon early in the game, realizing I missed them, going back to where they were and realizing that my party was way too strong and knocks the sucker out in one hit, so I have to rely on Dusk Balls at full health.

Catching Gible was not fun. Should have brought weaker Pokemon. But no, I accidently KO'd it the first time and had to run around getting into random encounters with Zubats about ten times until it decided to show up again. Screw you too, Gible. Get in the ball.

Back