• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What's Your Team?

Which Starter Will You Choose?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2010
    Typhlosion -
    Earthquake- Flamethrower - Eruption -
    ThunderPunch -

Lanturn-
    Confuse ray- Discharge - Hydro Pump - Brine - Sucker Punch

Tyranitar- Crunch, Earthquake, StoneEdge, Lowkick

Gengar-
    Hypnosis, Dreameater or Nightmare, Shadowball, SuckerPunch

and i need two more, any suggestions?

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2010
    My Team Will Be Gengar, Milotic, Umbreon, Charizard, Typhlosion, and Tyranitar My Dream Team :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2010
    Hi everyone,
    I never played G/S, only ruby onwards, so I'm trying to work out what my team will be. I'm trying to stick to gen 2 pokemon if possible, here's what I've got so far. Suggestions are appreciated!

Typhlosion - may be replaced, but would probably need to be some other fire type, arcanine or something else? Otherwise its ok to keep

Weepinbell - mainly because it is actually based on a Nepenthes plant which I love growing, I just HAD to have one :grin:

Umbreon - I'd like some sort of dark pokemon, this seems to be fairly good support for the rest of my team, and I couldn't really see any other good dark ones

Fearow - This I'm not sure about. I'd like to have some sort of flying though; the only main options I see at the moment are Xatu, Fearow, Pidgeot and Noctowl. Not sure which to pick!

[some sort of ghost] - thinking about dusknoir or shuppet or something, but again I can't see that many options.

[some sort of water/electric/fighting/ground/steel] - maybe Lanturn. I've always liked Cubone but I would really like to cover the types I don't yet have. Everyone seems to get Ampharos but I'll preferably like a less commonly used pokemon.

I'm not too sure about the roles of each of these since I'm not familiar with the pokemon so if anyone has any suggestions that would be great!

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2010
    Hi everyone,
    I never played G/S, only ruby onwards, so I'm trying to work out what my team will be. I'm trying to stick to gen 2 pokemon if possible, here's what I've got so far. Suggestions are appreciated!

Typhlosion - may be replaced, but would probably need to be some other fire type, arcanine or something else? Otherwise its ok to keep

Weepinbell - mainly because it is actually based on a Nepenthes plant which I love growing, I just HAD to have one :grin:

Umbreon - I'd like some sort of dark pokemon, this seems to be fairly good support for the rest of my team, and I couldn't really see any other good dark ones

Fearow - This I'm not sure about. I'd like to have some sort of flying though; the only main options I see at the moment are Xatu, Fearow, Pidgeot and Noctowl. Not sure which to pick!

[some sort of ghost] - thinking about dusknoir or shuppet or something, but again I can't see that many options.

[some sort of water/electric/fighting/ground/steel] - maybe Lanturn. I've always liked Cubone but I would really like to cover the types I don't yet have. Everyone seems to get Ampharos but I'll preferably like a less commonly used pokemon.

I'm not too sure about the roles of each of these since I'm not familiar with the pokemon so if anyone has any suggestions that would be great!
    i'd say for a ghost pokemon choose gengar keep typhlosion stay with weepingbell if you want, noctowl is a good flying type also psychic, umbreon is a great one, and for your last maybe dugtrio because of its speed and great attacks

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Meganuim
    Slowking
    Ninetales
    Honchkrow
    Amphorous
    Mamoswine

Pretty Solid Team If I do say so myself

Last edited:

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    Priority:
    Starmie, projectile pokemon
    Espeon, symbolic pokemon
    Lumineon, rain dance pretty fish
    Cherrim, pretty grass pokemon
    Jumpluff, projectile powder
    Blissey, nurse

I can sub Light Ball Pikachu for Blissey perhaps. Anyway, this is the team I like! My favorites--amongst pokemon not 'too weak for combat.' Lumineon is borderline 'too weak,' but I'll let it slide for its swift swim ability.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    If I start with Totodile:
    Feraligator
    Ampharos
    Ariados or Heracross
    Houndoom
    Blissey b/c of sheer # of moves she can learn + high HP(may substitute for Gyrados or Dragonite)
    Tyranitar or Donphan

If I choose Chikorita:
    Meganium
    Lantern/Gyrados/Kingdra or Octillery
    Donphan or Tyranitar
    Blissey or Hitmontop
    Ampharos
    Houndoom

I might add Espeon to my team at some point, but I'm still debating that.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    My team for Heart Gold will be as follows:
    Definitely using
    Typhlosion, Umbreon and Dragonite
    For my grass type, I was thinking either Sunflora, Bellossom or Victreebell
    For my water type, I was either going with Kingdra or Slowking
    Lastly my 6th spot is still up for debate. does anyone have any suggestions?

Years
    I will choose SS and my team will be (By the time I reach the Pokemon League):

Feraigatr Lv. 50
    Scyther Lv.45
    Vulpix Lv. 45 (will evolve at lv. 47 when it learns fire blast)
    Ariados Lv. 45
    Furret Lv. 40
    (HM slave then I will delete the HM and teach it fire punch etc.)
    Crobat Lv. 45

If I struggle with these i will replace Furret with Lugia or an Electric Pokemon

Years
    Typhlosion
    Feraligatr
    Ampharos
    Gyarados
    Donphan
    Skarmory

I might switch ampharos out with Lantern, as it has moves both water and electric as opposed to mostly electric, but for now, Ampharos is fine.

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    Feraligatr LV71 - Avalanche, Waterfall, Crunch, Superpower
    Arcanine LV72 - Extremespeed, Crunch, Flare Blitz, Thunder Fang
    Gliscor LV71 - Fire Fang, Swords Dance, Stone Edge, Earthquake
    Espeon LV71 - Swift, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Morning Sun
    Electabuzz LV70 - Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, Cross Chop, Fire Punch

I still haven't decided on a sixth member of my team. I'm leaning either towards Ursaring or Lucario.

Cloyster93

who's gun is this rifle?
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 24, 2015
    Cloyster, Alakazam, Magmar, Electabuzz, Umbreon and Pidgeot. My original team from Gold and Crystal. :D

My starter will stay in my party until I get all the others though. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2010
    My team will consist of the same pokemon I had in silver version:

Typhlosion
    Ampharos
    Girafarig
    Hitmontop
    Miltank
    And one last pokemon I haven't decided on yet.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2010
    Im going to have:

Feraligatr
    Gengar
    Jolteon
    Scizor
    Dragonite
    Tauros

Very balanced, no two pokemon share the same weaknesses.

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    Don't really know what my teams gonna be yet, Guess I'll just play through and pick up what I can, As I don't know what I'll have access too during the game :P.

Years
    Well I'm not completely sure yet, but these are 4 I'm heavily considering:

Feraligatr
    Ampharos
    Arcanine
    Tyranitar

I'm not really sure what decent grass pokemon are out there aside from Meganium. Victreebel looks like the only valid option but I'm not big on that. Definitely open for suggestions.

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    My future SoulSilver team; all with nicknames! (OMG! I can't wait until 5 days!)

(Male) Typhlosion- Flint (flintstone...)
    (Male) Pidgeot- Pierce (Pierce, hmm.... It just seemed to fit.)
    (Female) Ampharos- Zappy (zzzzzttt! Zappy electricity)
    (Female) Vaporeon- Athena (Athena= Greek goddess of battle and wisdom)
    (Female) Furret (HM slave)- Janet (Eh... Random name)
    (Female) Jumpluff- Daisy (Grass, flower... yeah)

Don't really know what my teams gonna be yet, Guess I'll just play through and pick up what I can, As I don't know what I'll have access too during the game :P.

You should go to www.pokemon.marriland.com and read his walkthrough. He put down some important stuff and which Pokémon there are to catch for each version. Very helpful!

Yeah... I've been planning my team ever since last week because this game is all I can think about! I've also made lots of changes before this team...

Last edited:

Esmas

General
    Years
    So far I've got: Meganium, Slowking, Forretress, Magmar, Sneasel and Skarmory. But I may change sometime in the future. Right now I'm just not 100% sure about Magmar and Sneasel. Like, should I get Electabuzz instead? Or Umbreon?

This is what I loved about G/S/C. There were so many unique and powerful Pokémon to choose from, that you could have several teams consisting of different Pokémon. That's why I'm choosing to change my team when I go to Kanto 8D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back