• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What's Your Team?

Which Starter Will You Choose?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendonwii

Gooby pls
Years
  • Hey Heart gold
    Feralagtr
    Ampharos
    Houndoom
    Starpator (yay i bought the japanese game)

Soul silver
    Typhlosion
    Gengar
    Azumaril
    Noctowl

Please help with my team (soul silver) write on my profile!

Dude4552

A Naruto fan and proud of it!!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2020
    My Team so far (I'm in the rocket invasion of the radio tower) They are all about level 33-34:
    Feraligatr
    Explanation: Starter, I love Feraligatr
    -Agility
    -Crunch
    -Ice Fang
    -Surf (Will move delete and give waterfall ASAP)

Crobat
    Explanation: I like Crobat a lot. Speed+decent move pool makes it much more interesting than the generic Fearow/Noctowl/Pidgeot.
    -Fly
    -Bite
    -Confuse Ray
    -U-turn

Ampharos
    Explanation: It is legitimately the only decent electric type you can get, because Magnezone would take a bit more time to get and trading to DPPt. I need a better movepool.
    -Charge
    -Thundershock
    -Thunder Wave
    -Cotton Spore

Machoke
    Explanation: I usually don't use fighting types, but decided to break my mold. This thing is strong and no guard is awesome.
    -Revenge
    -Headbutt
    -Rock Tomb
    -Karate Chop

Magmar
    Explanation: I spent a lot of time pokewalker-ing to get this. Sadly, I need to get a magmarizer to evolve it.
    -Sunny Day
    -Fire Punch
    -Faint Attack
    -Confuse Ray

Please rate my team and give me suggestions for my 6th member

Years
  • My Hall of Fame Team:

What's Your Team?

Typhlosion Lv.44 @ Brightpowder
    -Flamethrower
    -Lava Plume
    -Shadow Claw
    -Smokescreen

He owned all the way through the story, was a great help for the first two E4 members. Flamethrower just killed everything
    it was effective against, Lava Plume was for backup PP, Shadow Claw helped against Will, and Smokescreen annoyed anything
    strong.

What's Your Team?

Crobat Lv.42 @ Amulet Coin
    -Fly
    -Poison Fang
    -Wing Attack
    -Confuse Ray

A pretty good Pokemon. Fly was good at killing things off, and Wing Attack killed off weaker Pokemon quickly. Poison Fang
    owned, I get lucky poisoning when I needed it. Confuse Ray helped a lot, especially against Lance's Gyarados.

What's Your Team?

Victreebel Lv.41 @ Miracle Seed
    -Razor Leaf
    -Acid
    -Cut
    -Sleep Powder

Did almost nothing in the E4 run, mainly because of it's poor moveset. When I get access to Leaf Blade, Sludge Bomb and
    Sucker Punch this will be better.

What's Your Team?

Gyarados Lv.43 @ NeverMeltIce
    -Waterfall
    -Ice Fang
    -Bite
    -Dragon Rage

I would never have won without his NeverMeltIce and Ice Fang killing the Dragonites. He had just enough power to OHKO the
    level 49 ones and beat the level 50 one with the help of a Hyper Potion.

What's Your Team?

Lickilicky Lv.39 @ Silk Scarf
    -Earthquake
    -Slam
    -Stomp
    -Disable

Didn't do a huge amount, but Slam was useful at times when I just needed to get rid of something without hurting my more
    powerful Pokemon. He could take hits too, which always helped. Disable was awesome at stopping Pokemon spamming their
    best moves.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • My current team as of this post is-

Meganium - lv 43
    Dragonair - lv 34
    Shiny Mightyena - lv 41
    Flareon - lv 100

I beat the E4 with that team, mainly because of my Flareon (who I trained to lv 100 a long time ago) though. =P

PalkiaSpace

Panda Hugger <(^_^)>
    Years
  • im on route 26, training before the e4:

Explosivo(typhlosion): lv. 39
    lava plume
    sunny day
    fire blast
    strength

took down whitney's miltank after like 14 flame wheels. i hate milk drink now lol

Amphy(ampharos): lv. 39
    Discharge
    thundeer
    headbutt
    thunder wave

helped me out of so many battles with its static.

Shiny Red(red gyarados): lv.38
    Rain dance
    Waterfall
    surf
    ice fang

basically a tank i use to take out the big things. lol

Pidgit(pidgeot):lv. 38
    roost
    featherdance
    wing attack
    fly

my fast killer, and staller.

dont know what else im gunna use, but ive been doing good with this team. :)

oh yeah, what move do you think i should switch to teach typhlosion shadow claw? i got the idea from reading someone's post, i forget who, (thanks!) so it will help against will. im thinking strength, or maybe sunny day. which move do you think?

Butterfree-Charizard

Bug Type Master
    Years
  • Game beat
    Team:
    Raichu (shiny) lvl. 6
    Sceptile lvl.100
    Altaria lvl.100
    Pidgeot lvl.100
    Blastoise lvl.100
    Torkoal lvl.100
    Lol only Pidgeot and Raichu were obtained in soul silver :P

Last edited:

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Just beat Claire with:

Eevee (Asmarun - "Brown") Lvl. 47 [Naive]
    Vulpix (Ham'ra - "Red") Lvl. 45 [Timid]
    Larvitar (Sawda - "Black") Lvl. 45 [Brave]
    Mareep (Asfar - "Yellow") Lvl. 46 [Modest]
    Dratini (Zarka - "Blue") Lvl. 14 [Jolly]
    Chikorita (Ahkdar - "Green") Lvl. 45 [Timid]

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Currently I'm still training them but my final team, maybe , will be something like this;

-Meganium
    -Vaporeon
    -Amphoros
    -Dragonite
    -Ninetales

And for the sixth one I'm still not completely sure.
    I might just go for five pokemon.

HM Pokemon

-Tentacool
    -Geodude
    -and Pidgeotto until I get a Dragonite to fly on.

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
  • I decided to start a new game today, I just beat the first gym leader about an hour ago. I decided to trade over two eggs from my Pearl version, I thought some different Pokemon would make this run unique and interesting.

Cyndaquil: Aside from acquiring a Cyndaquil late in the game during my last run through, I haven't actually used a Cyndaquil since Gold and Silver. The Cyndaquil line has always been one of my favorites so I'm very excited to be able to train one again.

Chingling: I've always thought they were very interesting Pokemon but never had a chance to have one on my team before. I caught two Chimechos on Peal, bred them and traded the egg to my Heart Gold. I'm pretty excited to train Chingling, it's pretty rare I get my hands on a psychic type.

Kecleon: I usually find a way to acquire a Kecleon but it's usually rather late in the game. This is the first time I've been able to have one this early so I'm very, very excited to go through the game with him. Kecleon's movepool is a very interesting one, I think he will be a great addition to the team.

I was planning on breeding my Politoed and using it's offspring on my new team but a GTS mistake made him vanish. :(
    So long Politoed, you were a true king. :,(

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2010
    Well After getting my 3rd gym badge I decide to step back a bit and train a few different Pokemon.

Kadabra - lvl. 21
    Nidorino - lvl. 18
    Gastly - lvl. 17
    Machop - lvl. 13
    Vulpix - lvl. 12 (Cross bread to have Energy Ball)
    Pidgey - lvl. 1 (Cross bread to have Brave Bird)
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/index.php

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    My current team is this:

SOUL SILVER TEAM:

Vampara (Golbat) lvl 46
    Rage (red gyarados) lvl 46
    Goomba (Typhlosion) lvl 46
    Luxo (Luxray) lvl 48
    Uksi (Uxie) lvl 50
    Draki (Dratini) lvl 21 (still training her :) )

Buh

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2014
    CHARIZARD, the black Charizard - I hate the rule about not renaming trades! My orange Charizard, Lurch, is a HM slave. Sucks to be you, unshiny.
    SWAMPERT, the purple Swampert. She's... surprisingly not very good. But SO PURPLE
    A'Tuin, the Torterra - she spent her life dying to everything until her final evolution. Suddenly, instant powerhouse!
    Surprise, the Lickilicky - and surprise she does! Belly Drum and Rollout is hilarious and unstoppable, particularly when she munches defiantly on leftovers after every hit. The hilarity can only increase when I decide which move to replace with Explosion.
    Foxtrot, the Electivire - nothing withstands him! He is one sexy beast and you do not want to mess with him.
    Leitmotif, the Seadra - His daddy was an Octillery, so he's packing all manner of beams that will mess you up. When I get my hands on the thingo he'll be a badass dragon and my whole team will be fully evolved.
    Studcakes, the Rapidash - the result of my friend's frighteningly extensive project to breed the ultimate hypnotic bouncing flaming poison unicorn. He killed the only Ho-oh in the world, just because he could. That's how metal Studcakes is.
    Yes, that's seven. There's always 1-2 who are just plain gonna die to whichever gym leader so somebody always gets benched.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back