• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When can you play your video game system?

Boidoh

Gardevoir Rules!
    Years
    When i had the GBA when i was 6, i could have played when i wanted.
    When i had my now fuse blown DS lite when I was 8 i could play when i wanted.

Now about 7 or 8 years later i can play my Wii when i want because i have my own TV.

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
    Well, although I live with my parent (not for much longer, I hope!), my mother works incredibly long hours, leaving me a good amount of time to myself while my brother is at school. Since I only go to uni 3 times a week, I can safely say that I get pretty much as much time as I want. Alternatively, I could move half of my consoles to my dad's, and I play without interruption for a good 12 hours of the day. But, I don't think I'd have the patience to move my stuff over there, lol.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2012
    Whenever I want. The joy of being old enough to do whatever you want, priceless. Well, priorities always come first, though.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Aww, I remember when I was a kid and I was only allowed to play Gameboy for an hour a day on weekends. >_<; Man I do not miss that.

I live on my own so I can play whatever I want, whenever I want--the only obstacle now is making sure the TV is free and my roommates aren't already playing something on it. But that's not difficult because I'm the only one who typically wakes up before noon so I just nab the TV then if I'm gonna play.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    I have PC games, PS3 Nintendo DS (original), and older GBA system.

All in my room, so I can play whenever I want.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2012
    I play daily for about half an hour to an hour, but the actual treats comes on Saturday and Sunday when I play all the day.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    I can play whenever I want, for as long as I want, including school days. As long as I get my work done and other important things finished, my parents don't tend to care much about it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I can play whenever I want, and I have 4 main console in my room. I'm excluding handhelds cause like...I take my Lite and 3DS everywhere with me and handhelds are for travelling haha. Anyway, I can play whenever I want, but I don't play console games a lot. idk why! I don't like playing late at night, because I'm easily spooked. Other times, I feel like I'm being unproductive so I feel guilty for playing. This doesn't happen with handhelds that much, or at all, though. idk why. :( In fact, when I still lived with my mom, if I was grounded, my handhelds were taken away, but never my consoles. It's like they knew lol.

8bitSilence

"I HAVE FURY!"
    Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen Jan 26, 2013
    Whenever I want! :D

In fact, I spent last night until 1:30 this morning working on a Monotype Challenge in Pokemon Red.

...*yawns*...

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I can play anytime I want. I have free time, all the time.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    I can play my DS whenever I want, though I don't much. My mum would prefer I don't when it's late or I should be doing something else, but she considers me old enough that she can talk to me about it and then let me make my own decision, rather then prying it from my hands.

As for the xbox, it's new and no real 'rules' have been laid down for it yet. I just only play when my parents don't want to watch something on tv and only when I dont have to do other things.

Always been like this, I don't think mums ever forced me to stop. What always happened when I was a kid, is I would just listen the first time she said something (I was ok with eating dinner without my gameboy in hand), or she would just yell at me and make me feel like I should stop playing, even though she wasn't forcing me to, because I didn't like it when she was angry haha

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
    I can play any of my consoles whenever I want, with the exception of my PS3 that always seems to have some problem or another. And, of course, a lot of times I have to do things that are more of a priority than playing games.

NatureKeeper

Any time I am not studying. The problem is I wonder too much what I want to play and end up wasting most of my time on the internet. >.<

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I play with my DS during my free time (which is whenever I'm alone or at home). When I'm with my family, I sometimes bring it, but don't use it much.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I don't play consoles much but I can whenever my mom isn't using the TV. As far as handhelds, whenever haha.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
    Years
    Pretty much evenings and weekends. But I don't do consoles very much right now, and usually end up using that time to look up games that are close to release.

Nerdy Mojo

No Lifer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    anytime i want(ah the joys of being a young adult) which usually is when im not out doing something. i tend to have alot of free time so im usually either playing video games at my apartment,looking up video games on the internet,playing gears next door with friends,or blogging....oh yeah and i sleep from time to time (chronic insomnia)

Years
    I can play whenever I want - seeing as I'm a big person now. :P

I tend to not play nearly as much though... and I have to fight my husband for use of the TV.

Back