• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen When catching a pokemon!

SSJ_Joe

Pokemon Master
    Years
    Lmao..I use to always hold down the A button everytime it would shake...then again when I was like 6 I would Tilt the game when my HP was going down to see if the HP would just stop going down xD..its sad what kids do isnt it?

Nicku

//[N]ICKU::
    Years
    Well,
    yes and no..
    Back when i battled Dialga, all my Pokemon lost, yes, xD And Dialgas was with orange/yellow life, and i only had a level-very-low HM slave Machop (or was it a Geodude >.<) back.. So i throwed the first (and only i think .. cant remember |D; ) Ultra Ball at Dialga.. And i just .. clicked at every bottom 8D Not because it helped anything (i think o.o), but because i know it would broke the Ultra Ball and then destroy my little HM slave xD
    But .. well..
    No..
    I catch it XD
    Yay..
    *remember old days with Mewtwo in a PokeBall*

- Nicku

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    Up + B ftw! It always seems when I'm not buttons that I have a hole in my heart. I swear to god though, it only works if I'm doing Up + B.

I've been doing that sine the first day Red and Blue came out. It's just been my pain 'poke'habit. ._.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    I never found a reason to press buttons, so no, I don't press any buttons when catching a pokemon.

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
    I have a habit of holding B + Down even though I know that it doesn't do a damn thing. I also have a habit of holding B down really hard when my Pokemon is confused (I do that out of frustration more than habit XD).

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    Well, I randomly change the volume, hold the stylus in my mouth and tap the touch screen...

And attempt to mumble something like " Catch it " although usually in less nice language, and not too understandable (you try talking with a stylus in your mouth.)

Yeah, I'm weird, I know.

Mr.Mystery

.:-:. Froggy
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2011
    My friend said if you hold down all the buttons and R and L at the same time, the Pokemon would always be caught. I tried it, and it didn't work.

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    I (as a joke) once told a friend to press L+R+Start+Select to catch it... You shoulda seen the look on his face 0:)

Pieandcowz

Teh Moo Cow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2014
    ahahaha. Lulz. I have one ritual I still do is when the pokeball rocks to a side I press A all 3 times or so. lol. When I was younger I used to constantly press A.

Burgers Rule

Garchomp want PIE NOW!
    Years
    This is kind of wierd, but it is just my ritual to hold A as the ball hits the Pokemon just for my own enjoyment. IT DOES NOTHING FOR THE CAPTURE RATE. Yeah, I know, its wierd.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    In the gamecube games, I used to smash the buttons a lot while catching a shadow pokemon. I also pressed random buttons constantly in the 1st/2nd gen when I was dumb but I don't do that anymore in the 4th gen. I'm more confident in my games and my intelliegence.. |D

Zacceh

Another day in the life of...
    Years
    I don't tap buttons but I tap my feet. When the ball goes up and opens, my feet are up. When it bounces, feet follow the motion. Then I tap my feet in the order that it shakes. for D/P- LeftRight, LeftRight, LeftRight :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2010
    Ohh yes, I've done this before... way back in red, blue, and yellow days. I doubt it does much but it keeps my nerves down.

Back