• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When do you think pokemon will die out?

Shiraishi

Orz
    Years
    My G/S/C memories arent so pretty..I remember in R/S/E when I found a shiny sandshrew and I traded it for a charmander which now that I think of it, probably had hacked parents(Fr/LG was not out) I also remember when my friend thought he walled my mence with a jirachi (that i gave him..)I flamethrowered him to death o.0

fy@x5

~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    An upgraded G/S/C is definitly needed. Best games of the series, if you ask me.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    And the fact that collecting and the game creature designs are so enduring is a testament to the creators of the franchise.
    I mean look at what happened to Digimon. Those designs, now that i look back (the majority of them) are so uninspired and unmemorable....
    I thought most of the third generation of Pokémon looked a lot like Digimon. :\ The ones that didn't, most of them just lookeed boring. They improved with the fourth generation but...I really disliked the third generation as far as character designs go.

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    I thought most of the third generation of Pokémon looked a lot like Digimon. :\ The ones that didn't, most of them just lookeed boring. They improved with the fourth generation but...I really disliked the third generation as far as character designs go.

aahh, maybe that tells you something, hmm? Digimon and the 3rd generation.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    This is being the best time of Pokémon so we can expect more games for some more years. Who says something can't last forever? Mario started (well, Donkey Kong, really) in 1981, and we are 2007, and it's still cool, right?

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    Well who knows, maybe in the year 3543*sarcastically speaking*, somewhere around this planet, if its still around, is going to have a 150 foot statue of Mario, where people bow to it, as their all mighty god. Yeah thats how long something like that will last. XD lol

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    No, when people become tired of the ideas themselves. I got sick of Pokemon after Hoenn / the region after (I forgot the name o.o) came out. To me, it just wasn't Pokemon anymore. *shrug*

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    No, when people become tired of the ideas themselves. I got sick of Pokemon after Hoenn / the region after (I forgot the name o.o) came out. To me, it just wasn't Pokemon anymore. *shrug*

Thats because there about to run out of original ideas, that dont reflect the old days, and maybe they will stop, when they stop, if they have too.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    I'm just wondering if they'll ever make a Pokemon game targeted towards the teen gamers that grew up playing the originals, like me. Something with a more realisitc and deep storyline, with better music and more interesting characters. The closest thing to that we ever got was Colosseum and XD but even those were cheesy.

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
    Years
    Oh my god, Ichida. I could not agree more. Thats what I've been waiting for. A more grown up pokemon. T rated, not M.

Yeah, with blood...:\

Pokemon will never die out, because it's from Nintendo, and Nintendo games are invincible!

But really, Pokemon is too popular, and it's gotten GameFreak/Nintendo a lot of money, so why would they end the series?

Back