• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen When does it get "exciting"?

Zeffy

g'day
Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    In all Pokémon games I played, the beginning was always boring. I just wanted to ask, what part of HGSS do you think it becomes exciting?

Pepo

First Generation Pokémon
    Years
  • I think its boring at the mo. Im at the E4. Once I get to the next region it'll get better. I get so annoyed leveling up my pokemon. Takes too long lol.

Silver

Kyle
    Years
  • If you've never played the original Silver/Gold then it's exciting fairly early on. But because I had played the original Silver, Soul Silver didn't really get the new exciting feeling ever, however I was pleasantly surprised to see the little additions that did.

Pepo

First Generation Pokémon
    Years
  • If you've never played the original Silver/Gold then it's exciting fairly early on. But because I had played the original Silver, Soul Silver didn't really get the new exciting feeling ever, however I was pleasantly surprised to see the little additions that did.

Yeahh, I played Gold on the gameboy Colour. It was pretty good first time round. What would of made HG exciting was if we could start off with different pokemon. Im getting bored with Cydaquil, Totodile and Chikorita. I liked the few extras they put in but wasnt anything that got me excited or hyped up about the game.

Styxx

Obsessive Breeder
    Years
  • I think the whole thing is fun, save the team rocket bit and being forced into caves... but as for 'exciting'? I was really excited to find new things here and there, and the nostalgia factor with the bug catching contest and some of the other events was great. I'm more excited with Pokemon games after I've finished them and it's just a matter of getting a really epic team together.

Sooo... I guess from the beginning? It's not slow anywhere really, pretty awesome imo.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I actually found the idea of having "optional" caves, rather than "oh, I need to go through, so why not explore the whole thing anyway" really exciting.

Dark Cave, Mount Mortar, Seafoam Islands (you could go back after the gym), Mount Moon, Cliff Cave....I found exploring them at my own leisure really.

However, Route 38/39 has music which makes it feel more exciting, as do Routes 26,27, Victory Road and the Pokemon League. Oh, and the silence with just the wind, whilst battling Red, is pretty awesome too.

I do find Kanto kinda slow, as there's less of a plotline. However, getting to battle Silver, Blue, and Red, keeps me going onwards towards the Power Plant....

Yoak

Pokemon Battler In-Training
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2012
    Anything with Team Rocket is pretty exciting. I loved the radio tower

Pepo

First Generation Pokémon
    Years
  • Anything with Team Rocket is pretty exciting. I loved the radio tower

I didnt like that part. The ice path was fun, trying to figure out the way, was a bit of a challenge.

Pepo

First Generation Pokémon
    Years
  • Im on the E4 Now, Power leveling my Ampharos, Dratini and Swinub.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    The only excitement I had was when I was fighting Blue, since he was the only Gym Leader that was actually hard and didn't have pathetically low levels.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • It always get exciting for me when battling Lance, Blue, Red, etc., when they get down to their last pokemon, even more so if you have the perfect pokemon to go against it.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I thought that HeartGold began to get exciting at the start due to nostalgia.

After I got over the nostalgia, it got exciting after Violet City. You finally like you're on your own.

Ruin Maniac

Booshka
    Years
  • I found competing in the Pokeathlon quite new and exciting, and since G/S/C was my favourite generation of pokemon, I was quite excited the whole way through to seeing what changes they introduced to the game, and the graphics.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    I personally found it quite the opposite HG started off pretty exciting, I enjoyed seeing the game revamped with old places in enhanced DS graphics through the beginning zones...

I wouldn't exactly say the game got boring but the novelty started to wear off around the 7th gym.. and I'm right before the Elite 4 and I'm taking a break from playing my Heart gold because of all the training I need to do.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I can play that thing forever and never get bored, Johto FTW!

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • During my time against the Elite Four and Red is when it always gets the most exciting for me. I especially enjoy it if it comes neck and neck where I have one last Pokémon standing and so does he/she. This would mostly occur against Red though. I feel like after playing through the whole game and building up the anticipation is why it makes it most exciting for me against the Elite and Red though. I don't see anything else that explains why.

Nostalgia? Am I missing something??
    HG/SS is a remake, so for some, starting the game again reminds them of when they first started it almost ten years ago in GSC. That's where the nostalgia and excitement comes from.

More importantly, a few of your posts here have been off-topic and unrelated to this thread's discussion. Comments that you post here could easily be posted as a VM or PM to that person, unless it's related to the thread's discussion. This is your first official verbal warning. If you attempt going off-topic again, you will receive an infraction for it.

Back