• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen When does it get "exciting"?

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I never really got into it. I liked Platinum a lot more, mainly because it was a new experience, and I had poured hundreds of hours into Gold back in the day. It was nice to see a remake, and it did give me some nostaligic moments, but mostly, I found it pretty boring.

I like some of the add-ons though, such as the Pokeathlon dome, the Pokewalker and the return of the Battle Frontier (although its the exact one from Platinum).

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I always think of the "getting your starter and things like that BLAH BLAH BLAH!" all boring. I'm trying to get me into starting to play HG, that's why I asked you guys when it gets pretty much "exciting".

Pepo

First Generation Pokémon
    Years
    Well, it could get exciting however you play it. First time I played Pokemon, which was Gold on the GBC, I just leveled up one pokemon to a high level and the same with Crystal and Diamond. I started HG and once again just leveled one pokemon. Im starting to get a little bit of doubt over the game now because I done the same actions. Once I have completed this one first time round I am going to start again and this time, Im going to take it really slow and level up all the low pokemon that you encounter in the wild. Im going to start off with a new starter pokemon and then level up the early pokemon and try and make them powerful. Im getting bored leveling the same pokemon all the time. Im also going to try and fill my Pokedex.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    It also gets exciting when your newly-hatched Togepi, once raised to lv.5, can take on Team Rocket at Slowpoke Well, Whitney, Team Rocket at Ecruteak, my rival (twice) and Morty. Best of all, it has Hustle and a -Atk nature, and Metronome has a 50% chance of choosing Explosion.

I honestly think the low levels make it exciting because you can grab a pokemon from pretty much anywhere, and go kick ass with it.

Pepo

First Generation Pokémon
    Years
    I never really bothered with my Togepi, I thought that it was useless. How good is it? But take it slow and catch as many pokemon as possible, that'll make it exciting

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    I used togepi when it hatched in golden rod in crystal. He quickly leveled up to match my lvl 20 pokemon and just kept using metronome to beat everybody i got bored when it hit lvl 35

Alex Dee Bestest

Staraptor Freak
    Years
    Exciting Moments in HeartGold/SoulSilver history!

#1:Capturing your legendaries
    Lugia, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Latios, Latias. All the legendaries were exciting to catch. When you caught them, you felt alot of accomplishment

#2:Battling Red
    That was pretty tough, right? I bet you didn't win on the first battle. I actually won on the third battle.

#3:Gym Leader Rematch
    It felt good to have rematches with gym leaders and see their new pokemon and strategies.

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
    It already was exciting the minute I purchases SS, but if you meant IN the game then I have to say revisiting the towns, routes, cities, even some of the people were quit exciting. Like the guy who teaches you butt head, and the gym leaders.

The most exciting part was when I get to battle Red and his highly amazing Kanto Pokemons :D the battle was beast and I never expected to see a unevolved Pokemon as high as his Pikachu~

iKokoro

Yada Yada
    Years
    It was exciting every time my pokemon evolved. I knew what they would become, but I loved seeing the immediate difference in battle and how more reliable each one became.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    #1:Capturing your legendaries
    Lugia, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Latios, Latias. All the legendaries were exciting to catch. When you caught them, you felt alot of accomplishment

#2:Battling Red
    That was pretty tough, right? I bet you didn't win on the first battle. I actually won on the third battle.

#3:Gym Leader Rematch
    It felt good to have rematches with gym leaders and see their new pokemon and strategies.
    I beat red on the 1st try with level 40+ pokemon my strongest being level 50.

Needed alot of MAX Revives and Gyarados lowing attack everytime and HO-OH making the pokemon use 2 PP per attack.

Back