• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When is Pok?mon Essentials Version 16 coming out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2018
    When is Pokémon Essentials Version 16 coming out?

Is there any word about when a Version 16 including Gen 6 Pokemon is going to come out? I've been trying to work with the Gen 6 resources but they always act super buggy. Thank you!

Years
    Maruno has hinted at him being at work on the next version of Essentials for a while now, but as for when it's coming out I have no idea.

Now, whether or not the next version includes Gen VI Pokemon is unknown. On the one hand, basic Essentials' code doesn't even have some Gen IV or V abilities or moves fully working - for example, Illusion. On the other hand, Maruno did have a direct hand in making the Gen VI Pack beyond just being the author of the software that it was based on.

So maybe Essentials v16 will be based on the Gen VI Pack, maybe it won't. It may not even have the Gen VI Pokemon added to it. Either way, we have no idea when it'll be released. Maruno may decide to wait until Gen VI is over to add the Pokemon to basic Essentials, just so that he doesn't have to account for mid-gen changes like Zygarde.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    It's the answer I always give. And it's always accurate.

Nevertheless, I don't think this thread is going anywhere, so I'll close it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back