• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen When Shiny Ditto transforms...

Years
    It will be a normal version of the opponent. It kinda makes sense since it is supposed to copy the opponent's DNA, so I'm guessing that if the opponent is a shiny pokemon the transformed version of Ditto will be shiny too.

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Thats very intersting.. never thought of that before.. interesting.. it'll be shiny when it transforms, won't it?

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    It will be a normal version of the opponent. It kinda makes sense since it is supposed to copy the opponent's DNA, so I'm guessing that if the opponent is a shiny pokemon the transformed version of Ditto will be shiny too.

You guessed it right. Whether Ditto Transforms into a Shiny Pokémon is now dependant on the target being a Shiny, so this means that even a normal Ditto can change into a Pokémon's Shiny form.

Back in the GBA games, a Shiny Ditto would transform into it's target's Shiny form regardless.

Last edited:

WaluigiRedclaw91

Alt/Original Page of: Haza
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2010
    I thought I was the only one who thought that and I got a shiny ditto in a trade only to be disappointed.

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2008
    my shiny ditto transforms into a normal copy if the opponent is normal

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    That makes sense, I thought a shiny ditto would transform to the shiny version of the opponent XD

Back