• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen When was the first time you heard about D/P?

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    The first time I heard about Diamond and Pearl being the new pokemon game was in 2004. Yeah that was a long time before the actual release but yeah, one of my friends told me and I didn't really believe him but hey, he was right!

Sekushi Sushi*

Roses are red, I love you!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2008
    mine was 06 when they showed blury scans of drapion, cherrim, and pachirisu, then palkia, dialga, and before all of this, lucario, munchlax, bonsly and mime jr along with manaphy y mantine!

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    when it came out in the US, and my friends just wouldn't shut up about it >.>

So I was like "THAT DOES IT! I'M CHECKING THIS OUT! >.>"

Years
    Well me and my cousin looked at the poke'mon on Wikipedia before it came out like five months before it actually came out in the US.

Le_Avatar

Experienced Trainer & Breeder
    Years
    This past summer... not long after I bought myself a PSP and a DS...
    I was looking for something that would be in the same style that Jade Coccoon (I loved that series... too bad they stopped after 2...)

And the clerk told me to give it a try... as it was the same basis so far...
    So I rented it... and bought it the day after :P

Years
    About 14 days before it's release in Europe! XD

Yes I live in a big, deep hole.

Haha seriously though, I only got back into Pokemon because of the game. I thought, meh, I'll give it a go. It's also what made me join PC! I think I read about it in an email Nintendo randomly sent me.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Back when it was copyrighted in December 2004 and Munchlax was the only D/P Pokemon revealed thusfar

Actaully, I was around on Serebii when R/S Came out in the US recently and the GSC section was still the biggest forum.

blasterzred

PokeNub Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Didn't really wait for it.

I loved the classic Pokemon games back in the day. I didn't purchase any for the GBA, however. I did play Gold and Silver to death.

So when D / P came closer to release, I heard about it and decided to buy it!

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Well I was at target and saw "reserve your diamond and pearl today" which was about two months before it came out.

So yeah, that's when I found out.

Years
    I had an assignment to do on the computer, and everyone went up, and on the web, my friends saw a pokemon ad like 5 months ago, and it said stuff like " A new generation of pokemon" and stuff. My friends were sarcastically going all " Oh My God POKEMON!IT'S A NEW GENERATION!MORE THAN 100 MORE POKEMON WHOAH!Then they checked it out, and wised up XD
    They got the attention of the whole class XP.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    One of my old friends, who now I can't stand, told me in 2003, but I didn't believe him. Now I do.

Back