• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen When you got GB Sounds...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    When I got GB sounds, I raised it in my right hand, threw it on the ground, stamped it with my foot repeatedly, than used Typhlosion to burn it with a Flamethrower. Than I had my Munchlax eat the burned scraps. That's what I did.

Years
  • New Bark Town... probably my favorite music from Gold and Silver just because it was the first in-game tune I heard upon starting the game, and it's always stuck with me.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I went into a Kanto battle. It's officially the greatest battle music in any game that ever existed or ever will exist ever. No exceptions.

Lies. It's the second greatest, after Red's theme.

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
  • First, I put my nostalgia goggles on. Then I went everywhere I could and battled everyone I could. I loved it. Some of the themes sound different, like where there is bass (ie dark cave/ice path). Unfortunately, thats due to the DS's different sound hardware. But it was awesome nonetheless.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I went to goldenrod city
    accidently walked into the GTS
    Thought nie music
    turns out they made new music old :)

Team_SJK

Son of Arceus
    Years
  • When I got GB Sounds, I think the first place I turned it on was in Saffron City. As a casual chiptune musician, shivers ran all throughout my nervous system when I heard the 8-bit remix of Saffron City, and I haven't felt that good about listening to Game Boy-type music in years. It sounds even better when you use a very good set of headphones.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    I believe the first time I used it on my imported SS (There it is called GB Player) Was the second I walked out the door.... and got on my bike. I sat there, dancing with the music while squeeing a lot to myself.

Heartgold, I went to goldenrod.... got slightly music ADD.... and got on my bike again. More dancing and squeeing with the nostalgia!

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Well I haven't gotten it yet, but once I go, I doubt I will use it too often. It's too much hassle for little gain. I do fancy myself some remixes anyway.

ahungryhamster

Custom User Title
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2018
    I did an Elite 4 run. The remixed Lance battle theme can't even compare to the original.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    I seriously don't understand how some of you guys are actually crying when using the GB Sounds. Sure, I've played the original, in fact, the most hours I've ever crammed on a Pokemon game is my Gold version, in fact, even after the 3rd Gen games came out, I still enjoyed Gold far more than my Ruby, LeafGreen, and Emerald versions.

But still, when using the GB Sounds, I don't feel like crying or anything. It's a neat feature, but you guys are seriously crying over it!?!?!? Sure it's nostalgic, in fact, I prefer some of the original music over the crappy HG/SS remixes (such as Goldenrod), but I don't feel the need to cry just because of hearing 8-bit music.

I don't have anything against the GB Sounds, in fact, I think it's pretty cool. They're definitely not lazy, considering how they actually bothered remixing new music that wasn't present in the originals, such as Cerulean City and Route 48.

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
  • I went straight to the patch of grass next to Celadon and turned it on, then ran around to start battles for no apparant reason.

I luv G/S/C.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Believe me when I said Pokemon center got the most nostalgia feel out of me.
    I normally switch off the sounds, but turned it on when I plug my iPhone's earpiece in for the first time.
    It just remind me of Pokemon Yellow's song now.

Years
  • When I first obtained GB Sounds, I immediately switched it on and headed straight for the Burned Tower.
    That tune is my favorite GSC theme of all time. =w= I could listen to the 8-bit version all day.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Definitely Goldenrod City. I didn't mind much of the remixes, but guh. I still haven't been able to get use to the new one, so now whenever I got there for the lottery or something the first thing I do it turn on GB music.

Back