• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Where do you think N and Ghetsis are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Just wondering what connections were there to suggest that gen 1 and gen3 took place around the same time, besides the fact gen 3 had a R/B remake

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Just wondering what connections were there to suggest that gen 1 and gen3 took place around the same time, besides the fact gen 3 had a R/B remake

I'm not quite sure as I never played the third gen games, but apparently there are storyline bits that suggest they take place during the same time.

"Details in the Hoenn- and Kanto-based games hint that the storyline of Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald is contemporaneous with that of FireRed and LeafGreen (and due to this, contemporaneous with Generation I as well), placing Generation III three years before Generation II and Generation IV, themselves contemporaneous."

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Generation_3#Discussion_of_Generation_III

fire woven

Erif Nevow, my RP name
    Years
    I agree about N being in Hoenn. I think that we are going to see a good, cross game plot voer the next few years. Maybe with teh Hoenn remakes, we find out what hapened to N, possibly even Ghestis. Who knows, maybe a third revival of Team Rocket by Giovanni himself is a possible thing, who knows?

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I'm not quite sure as I never played the third gen games, but apparently there are storyline bits that suggest they take place during the same time.

"Details in the Hoenn- and Kanto-based games hint that the storyline of Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald is contemporaneous with that of FireRed and LeafGreen (and due to this, contemporaneous with Generation I as well), placing Generation III three years before Generation II and Generation IV, themselves contemporaneous."

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Generation_3#Discussion_of_Generation_III

yea i looked that up to, but thats all they had on the matter. Now ive played the 3rd generations game and really found no connections what so ever, of course i could of missed a thing or two.
    Now the connection of generation 2 and 4 is made much more clearly such as the red gyarados news in tv and other stuff. But note how team aqua or magma is ever mention in gen 4 at all.
    Now we know gen 5 takes place many years after gen 4 because of catelin of the eliet four age and because the rocket grunt from ceruliean city stated he came back to unova with the intent of starting team rocket again but instead fell in love and had a kid which is at least 5 or something.
    And notice outa of all the people that are from hoenn none of them mentions team aqua or magma or any of the weather changes. even the team plasma grunt says they learned from team rocket and team galatic which can imply the events surrounding team aqua and magma has not happened yet

fire woven

Erif Nevow, my RP name
    Years
    yea i looked that up to, but thats all they had on the matter. Now ive played the 3rd generations game and really found no connections what so ever, of course i could of missed a thing or two.
    Now the connection of generation 2 and 4 is made much more clearly such as the red gyarados news in tv and other stuff. But note how team aqua or magma is ever mention in gen 4 at all.
    Now we know gen 5 takes place many years after gen 4 because of catelin of the eliet four age and because the rocket grunt from ceruliean city stated he came back to unova with the intent of starting team rocket again but instead fell in love and had a kid which is at least 5 or something.
    And notice outa of all the people that are from hoenn none of them mentions team aqua or magma or any of the weather changes. even the team plasma grunt says they learned from team rocket and team galatic which can imply the events surrounding team aqua and magma has not happened yet

But what about Steven's appearance in HG/SS, we know this is after D/P/Pt because Cynthia is there.

fire woven

Erif Nevow, my RP name
    Years
    I honestly don't know. The idea seemed to be there in my head, but now its like gone. Anyway just remember that Steven (the Hoenn champion) is in HG/SS and Cynthia, well she is probably going to be in every Pokemon game until the end of time at this rate.

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    N can be in any region right now. Ghetis is probably hiding and training to make his comeback, or could be spreading his bullsh- in other regions.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    i am guessing that he went to hoen and maybe you can meet him when you catch raycazor ( dragon/flying type legindary)

fire woven

Erif Nevow, my RP name
    Years
    i am guessing that he went to hoen and maybe you can meet him when you catch raycazor ( dragon/flying type legindary)
    Rayquaza? and I am thinking mor like a character that is just there throughout hte game, but you don't fight him until later.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
    Ghetsis Couldn't be in sinnoh i mean if he was going there why would he just give you the 3 orbs without a fight... That means he'll won't need them where he's going... as for N i think He's the one in Sinnoh I mean he's probably in the Distortion World... Or Probably any Region with a Dragon Legendary Besides Unova

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Ghetsis Couldn't be in sinnoh i mean if he was going there why would he just give you the 3 orbs without a fight... That means he'll won't need them where he's going... as for N i think He's the one in Sinnoh I mean he's probably in the Distortion World... Or Probably any Region with a Dragon Legendary Besides Unova

what makes you say that, besides the fact he has a legendary pokemon.
    1. what reason would he have to be in the distortion world
    2. How would he get there?
    3. how would he knows it exisits( i guess cynthia would tell people but i figure she would want it to keep it secret so nobody would mess with it.

In all honesty it makes sense that N would be in Hoenn. I mean you could take it as a hint that looker says that he will see you soon which could mean he will be in the hoen remake which would come out in like 3-4 years( i know it may mean nothing but it seems to me he was talking outside the 4th wall)

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
    Even if he went to Hoenn, N wouldnt be in the remakes.
    RSE Happened at the same time as RGBYFRLG
    3 Years later
    DPPt Happened at the same time as GSCHGSS
    9-11 Years later (Team Rocket Grunt from Power Plant has a son)
    BW Happened
    So N would be 12-14 years younger (a child) where he spent his childhood in the castle.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Even if he went to Hoenn, N wouldnt be in the remakes.
    RSE Happened at the same time as RGBYFRLG
    3 Years later
    DPPt Happened at the same time as GSCHGSS
    9-11 Years later (Team Rocket Grunt from Power Plant has a son)
    BW Happened
    So N would be 12-14 years younger (a child) where he spent his childhood in the castle.

Its assumed that gen 3 and gen 1 is in the same time line theres really no hard facts that says they are. And do you think Nintendo cares? I mean i pretty sure if we get a 6th gen D/P will be remade and charecters from the 6th gen will be in that remakes its a never ending cycle. So count on the R/S remake being in the same period as B/W

And i now think each remake replaces its predecessor in cannon.

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I wouldn't be suprised if this led to some sort of sequel instead of an enhancement for a third game.

Years
    I think that N definitely went to Hoenn, and Gettisis (spelling) went to Sinnoh. I think there will be a WiFi event or something along those lines for D/P/PT that you can go and find Gettisis and maybe battle him or something, but he would have 4th gen Pokemon.

fire woven

Erif Nevow, my RP name
    Years
    I am going to agree with oenn for N. We have no hard facts on the timeline, well not too many. There a few things, like the Team Rocket Grunt who has a kid, who probably is not too much older. We don't know when Hoenn happened though, as I haven't seen a crossover. I believe that during HG/SS Steven Stone is still reigning champion of Hoenn, and Cynthia is not of Sinnoh. I could be wronge about this, but I thikn that these games are all after D/P/Pt with Cynthia being all over the freaking place. So teh only order we are certain of is:
    1. R/B/Y/FR/LG (D/P/Pt)
    2. G/S/C/HG/SS
    3. B/W
    4. (R/S/E)

so R/S/E and D/P/Pt are somewhere in there, and those games are only speculation on my part. Anyone have other points to make on this regard?

EDIT: to the above, if that event where in those games, someone would have hacked for it like they did for Gracidea Flowers.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Its assumed that gen 3 and gen 1 is in the same time line theres really no hard facts that says they are. And do you think Nintendo cares? I mean i pretty sure if we get a 6th gen D/P will be remade and charecters from the 6th gen will be in that remakes its a never ending cycle. So count on the R/S remake being in the same period as B/W

And i now think each remake replaces its predecessor in cannon.

I think it's possible that they may change the time line a bit, especially if they see an opportunity for an interesting story.

Sadly though, if N does pop up in the remakes... it won't be in a major role. Most likely a cameo appearance after the storyline events unfold. Much like Cynthia and Steven in HG/SS. Then that's if GF even decides to play around with the timeline as well. Who knows, maybe there could be some time traveling again. Time travel fixes up a good amount of problematic time line events lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back