• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Where do you think the best place for training pokemon is?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    It all depends on what you're doing.
    EV training, use this guide, with the corresponding Power item
    - Attack: Machop; Route 207
    - Defense: Geodude; Route 207, Oreburgh Cave
    - Speed: Starly; Route 201
    - Special Attack: Gastly; Old Chateau
    - Special Defense: Tentacool/Spoink Swarm
    - HP: Bidoof; Route 201

After then here are some more tips.
    - Levels 15-25: Route 212/Above Solaceon Town, rebattle the breeders as their Happiny give a lot of XP
    - Levels 20-40: Route 215, Rebattle the Collectors, as their Roselia/Ponyta gove a lot of XP
    - Levels 38-50: Route 222 (Between Solcaeon and Sunyshore), rebattle the fishermen since their Gyarados gove lots of XP.
    - Levels 50+: Elite Four

Jesh

M E M O R I E S
    Years
    Elite Four or just outside Stark Mountain. Pretty much anywhere on that island with the Battle Facilities.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    When I'm training pokemon for the pokedex, I train them in the Valor Lakefront cafe. When they get too strong, I fight other trainers in other places.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I always went to the three trainers to the left of the battle tower. A pokemon center was always near and they had pokemon around level 50, which is always nice.
    Not the best choice, but it's pretty easy to access since you only have to pass through one patch of grass I think.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    I like training Pokemon, I can EV them later in Pokesav, even though I don't use 'em.
    Best Place = Type effectiveness.
    For example, the Ralts evolutionary line enjoys places with rock/ground/both types because of Magical Leaf, but that's your choice. (The route below Vilestone, I think that's the city)
    They can also enjoy the sea, Tentacool and Tentacruels are crawling in it and both Thunderbolt and Psychic are a welcome attack.

Not that I've done the useless example I'm too lazy to delete, in short, just train where your type is effective.
    If you have any questions regarding the types, there's a type check in the Poketch, or you can try Bulbapedia.

xxashxx

Gotta Catch Em All
    Years
    On Platinum there are 3 good places to level up your Pokemon fast. The E4 Battleground or route 225 north. Places to EV train I am not sure of that though.:)

matthill72

Mizou
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 5, 2012
    I like to train in the caves in Stark Mountain but also of course, fight your rival on weekened.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    I like to train around the battle frontier using my vs seeker and battling the gym leaders in the survival area.
    Also the Elite 4 is good too. ^_^

xxashxx

Gotta Catch Em All
    Years
    These are all the best areas to level up

Route 225
    Survival/Fight area's D/P and Platinum
    Victory Road D/P
    E4 All versions
    Maid battles Platinum
    Stark Mountain All versions
    The Rich couple on Route 212. They also give you high payouts as well.
    Inside Vitrory Road on the way to Route 224.:)

Those are the best areas to level up if you are just going to level up.:)

Years
    Well for EVs that depends on what you need, for EXP Elite 4 or the Battle Café thing. Only problem is with that comes Cynthia telling you how you've become the new champion completely disregarding the 37 times before.

Back