• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Where for art thou Jhoto?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
  • Anouu... Why don't you just play Zel's ShinyGold?
    I'm sure if you wanted to play hard enough, you could get an empty cart and put the game on there -___-

Years
  • There's not going to be a G/S/C remake sadly. I mean come on? Don't you think they would have done it by now and not keep making new games along with new remakes. =/

Don't you think that maybe it takes a while and possibly take a little bit longer because maybe it is incorporating the two regions and new features. It takes a long time to make games. It takes a long time just to even make a map on ms paint.

I wrote an email to nintendo and this is what the guy told me:
    "Message(#6851-000651-7573\6517573)

Thank you for contacting Nintendo,

We appreciate hearing about the types of products that you would like to see
    from us in the future. While there hasn't been an announcement concerning a
    remake of Pokemon Crystal, Pokemon Gold, or Pokemon Silver, you never know what
    the future holds! As the worldwide leader and innovator in the creation of
    interactive entertainment, and because of our history of pushing the limits of
    gameplay and design, you can always count on Nintendo offering the most
    imaginative products.

In the meantime, keep checking our website's "What's New" section
    (https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew) for the latest information and announcements.

Thanks for your email!

Nintendo of America Inc.
    Raymond Chan"

NOTICE that he DID NOT say "no."

Years
  • pokesav? whats a pokesav.
    anyway, GSC remake. i hope if they make one, that you can go back to kanto. the sense of nastalgia when that happened in the originals. plus they would have to add kanto anyway, because of the white rock on route 224, that prof. oak says is in kanto.

Pokesav is a program used to make hacked pokemon.

evilmewtwo

Mew Clone
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    i think we should all email into nintendo asking questions about a remake of Gold silver and crystal, because with FRLG they didnt remake Yellow. crystal was the best of the metal gen games. so were all emailing in for it, :)
    well i am

Dark2552

Blaz1ken.
    Years
  • Alas,

Jhoto was the greatest region ever. It just felt, better. Maybee cause it was supposed to be mountainous, but I don't know. It was truly unique.

RIP Jhoto.
    (Except for Remakes! :D RESURECTION)

Johto. Why do people spell it Jhoto. imo, its not hard to remember.

But other than that, Mt. Silver was beast, and I wish that they'd make a G/S/C Remake, where you could go to all regions.

evilmewtwo

Mew Clone
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    Johto. Why do people spell it Jhoto. imo, its not hard to remember.

But other than that, Mt. Silver was beast, and I wish that they'd make a G/S/C Remake, where you could go to all regions.

yeah, i noticed that people spell it jhoto. maybe not all regions though, i wouldnt want to go to sinnoh again so soon, but it would be nice to see johto, kanto and hoenn in 3D. it would be nice

IceDragon2439

Stand Up and Scream
    Years
  • Well I do feel that Johto has been sort of forgotten. And yes, it is my favorite region, by far. I hope for a remake of it and I've seen evidence but my hopes are not super high. I just want to visit the land of Johto in 3-d and feel excited the same way as I did the first day I played gold...

Years
  • I don't know what they murdered on RBY with FRLG. If anything they killed Johto by using their music on a chain of big, annoying islands.

WHAT? The music of Johto is on the Sevii Islands?
    I just thought the death with FR/LG was with lack of a Yellow remake. I miss that Flowerpot Pikachu...

Wouldn't the tricky side of a Johto remake lie with its PokeDex? The original Dex you receive has that odd setup those of us who remember Johto should recall. I just think it would be odd if a remake had the insanely common sea gull not appear in the coastal province of Johto right off the hop. And what else would appropriately be naturally found in Johto, outside the Bug Hunt and Headbutts? I personally hope for those rail crossings to end up dropping when touring from Goldenrod-Saffron. Weather influence would also be awesome. Like rain near Lake of Rage.

bav123

Do a Barrel Roll
    Years
  • Maybe they could make like an uber series of pokemon which has all the regions in it :D

Still have two versions like the others pokemon games, but be able to go between regions.

I think that'd be cool :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    Johto WAS the lost region.....

but thanks to D/P....there are some things that make johto known besides its pokemon...

A.Jasmine shows up and makes a reference to Olivine city
    B.Cynthia gives you super strong medicine to move the psyduck..and the medicine came from the best pharmacy in the world of pokemon...Cianwood Pharmacy

My question is..any other references to johto that are there?

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2008
    canalave and and the last city with eigth badge(forgot name) have similarities to olivine city.

Years
  • The red gyarados TV show right at the start of the game is a big point in the direction of G/S/C, Bill is also possibly mentioned when you are given the Eevee once you have the National Dex, Bebe tells you that here friend in Johto (who is a breeder) had lots of spare Eevees.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
  • The man who gives you the Happiny Egg says "This is what I heard about Eggs. If you take that Egg and travel with energetic Pokemon, it'll hatch. I remember someone announced that... Professor Elm of Johto maybe?" Also in the game's coding, Johto is a Location a Pokemon can be caught from.

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2008
    good piont consize i also remmbered the garydos from johto but never really thought about the eevee that way.

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
  • In the hallway to the right of Canalave City, there is a guard who will tell you he is thirsty. However, bringing him a drink will not change that. This is a reference to the original Pokemon games, in which players had to give lemonade to a thirsty guard in order to access a certain city.(Not sure if this is Johto)

Last edited:

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • In the hallway to the right of Canalave City, there is a guard who will tell you he is thirsty. However, bringing him a drink will not change that. This is a reference to the original Pokemon games, in which players had to give lemonade to a thirsty guard in order to access a certain city.(Not sure if this is Johto)
    you give him tea I'm pretty sure

Back