• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where to next?

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    I think a region set in the Hawaiian Islands would be amazing. Not only because it'd be an even better fit for a tropical region than Hoenn, but imagine the diverse wildlife and the maps we'd see! Exploring coral reefs, volcanoes, and forming islands would be pretty cool.

Agreed. I just hope it's differentiated enough so that it doesn't feel like a Hoenn retread. >_> Differentiated a lot, because I've played through Hoenn quite a few times.

I wanna see some European stuff personally. An Eiffel Tower in the Pokemon world just sounds so awesome.

Agreed. Come to think of it, an area based off of the city of Chicago, Illinois would be interesting as well. Lots of different foods, the Bean, and one of the tallest skyscrapers ever - Sears Tower (not that "Willis" crap). :D

I'd love to see a region with influences from Australia. It's really diverse, huge, and could gurantee a great amount of gameplay.
    Other than that I think a region based off of parts of africa (sahara desert, east african rift valley, mt. kilimanjaro, african great lakes, madagascar) would be great.
    Also why not head to southeast asia for some inspiration? It could be a region with great cultural diversity. In fact I'd love to see a pokemon game where the plot is greatly influenced by cultural aspects derived from regions around the world. And considering how diverse southeast asia is it would be a great mixture.

Agreed.

Umm... That statement is wrong. The Unova Region is actually based off Tokyo, not New York. [S-HIGHLIGHT]Get it right, noob.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

*facepalm* Oh, how much that statement needs to be redirected back at the poster...I don't even know why he had to use a derogatory term in the first place. I don't wish to be mean, but that was unnecessarily rude. Minor corrections can be made without resorting to such language... And when we already have Saffron City being Tokyo's equivalent. Not even mentioning all of the posts that the developers have written attributing Unova's origins to the New York metropolitan area. -_-

I believe we should expect Australia next, since Gamefreak has been neglecting it's fans.

Perhaps, but ugh can you imagine the lame Pokemon that would be there? Based on Kangaroos and koalas, platypuses and then grass Pokemon derived from eucalyptus trees... perhaps a big rock Pokemon based on Ayers Rock... there's nothing pretty and colourful about Australia, everything is dull. And I say this as an Australian.

Hmm...well, once I made a kangaroo Fakemon starter, drawing ideas from the fangame Pokemon Garnet Version and from one of PurpleKecleon's rumored DP Fakemon starters. Ended up being a Fighting/Dragon kangaroo. :cer_boogie: Fighting-type derived from the element of boxing, and Dragon-type was used due to the somewhat-reptilian/dinosauric appearance of a kangaroo. I mean, if Game Freak can make chickens awesome in battle, I'm pretty sure they could do an amazing job with Australia's unique wildlife. Australia's also great for a region due to its country/continent set-up and isolation (in case another Unova scenario was desired >.<).

And really, it does seem like Australia gets neglected in the gaming world. This could help alleviate the neglection somewhat.

Personally, I would like Game Freak to continue doing America in the futures and shift to other countries and continents in the future. But first, I'd like them to finish using up all of Japan's regions; there's still some empty space that hasn't been used there yet.

Last edited:

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Africa would seem like an obvious choice, but also I also think it would be cool to have a place based off the Middle East. But maybe I just like the idea of a region-wide desert too much.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I'll have to agree with OP about Texas. As a Texan, I may be biased, but it does have all the essential Pokemon game landscape diversity (coastal areas, plains, deserts, mountains, forests, and several large cities, and you can even include Louisiana's marshlands) and it also has one of the most unique cultural aesthetics in the U.S.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
    I Wouldn't mind if it was based on a European country like France then My Name Would totally fit in :D

It would be awesome too if it was another asian country like say india... or philippines or China

Back