• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Where would I start?

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2024
    So, I haven't done any kind of rom hacking before. What are some good beginner level resources to make my own hack?

King Qusai

Zettai Makerarenai
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Aug 1, 2020
    me too
    just started a week ago and had no idea what to do
    i have the full story (i wrote it) but i can do nothing but that and Pokemon modifications (sprites and moves)
    so i started doing that
    looked for team
    and now we hacking
    the point is do whatever you can do the best and let the rest flow by itself

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • This question had been asked before, and I think the reply given by Hashtag was very appropriate. Look into downloading the program "Advance map" from the tool section of the forums, and try make some maps/explore the tool. From there you may decide to explore scripting. But mapping is the easiest aspect (I hope you're talking about Gen III Pokemon)

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Use NSE...
    Its in the Tools section, too!
    I tried NSE but every time I tried to open it, it would say something like 'File Not Found' with a picture of a backpack(is that's it's icon?) then would make me close it. I found a different editor but for moves and names, not sprites. Then again, I forgot where I downloaded it from. ._. I'll check it out when I get on my laptop next. Thank you.

Back