• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where would you find a magnemite?

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
  • I don't think electric Pokemon are actually by power plants. I actually leave fairly close to one and I've never seen them around there, but I've seen common Pokémon like Pidgey appear. I think the game treats them as field Pokémon from what I can tell.

They're around, just a bit harder to find in some places, for sure.

Years
  • Theoretically, you can find anything anywhere, the regions/locations just offer a higher chance of catching that particular type.

I live in a very wooded area probably 20 minutes from downtown. Have only played GO downtown once so far and found a Voltorb.

That's consistent with what I've heard that Steel, Electric, etc, are most likely found in urban centers.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2017
    You can find any pokemon anywhere except legendaries. Water pokemon will be much more common near water but I've found goldeens and magikarps in the middle of a field quite a few times. Magnemites for me are more common in a down town area but have seen others catch them in pure residential.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • Funnily enough, the only place I found a few was in the energy corridor in Houston, TX (which I thought made sense, as a lot of electrical and tech companies are based there).

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2016
    there all I catch around me have so many and about 150 candys for them

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2016
    I caught three Magnemites last night in a park that was between a highschool baseball stadium and a river. Not completely sure, but I think it was the stadium that drew them in, I've spent hours hunting in parks and near bodies of water and have never seen them before last night.

Years
  • Scratch what I said before. I went further past the field near my house and to the beach where I found pleeeenty of Magnemite, friends also say they're almost always around rivers/beaches too, not just fields.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • I found a Magnemite on a train station yesterday, so you're certainly able to meed them in the middle of city as well. So that's on all sorts of terrain from what I read above.

Back