• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

where's Ash's dad??

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathbyalice

Linden
    Years
    I believe Giovanni to be Ash's father. It would be super ironic, but look at a picture of both characters, then put them side by side. Do you see any similarities? I do!

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    SBaby said:
    To Kine: Cliche #1 about Anime: Nothing is left hanging! Ever!! Every question WILL be answered in the series, whether the viewers like the answer, or not. As for the GS Ball, it started out as an Advertisement for GS, but if that's ALL it was meant for, why does Ash still have it in Hoenn??

Regarding Ash's Dad: There are many theories about his identity. Most people in PC seem to think that the original character, Red from the GB games is Ash's father. This CANNOT be true! Otherwise, why would Ash be a selectable name? Just like Gary is selectable in Blue. You can check the opening to the games if you want; they'll be there.

My theory is that Ash has already SEEN his father once or twice. I believe it's Giovanni. The reason that he doesn't recognize Ash is because he left Mom while she was pregnant. In order to reinforce my claim, let me bring up a little history of Giovanni's actions.

In his own words, he says that he flopped as a Pokemon Trainer, and decided to form Team Rocket instead. Fast forward a few years, and he had his scientists clone MewTwo. He, in turn, destroys the lab that he was born in, without realizing that he was originally a Human.
    Giovanni never meantioned his history. :\ The only thing he ever talks about is his plans for the future and what flops Jessie and James are. Mewtwo was never human.

SBaby said:
    A few years later, one of his scientists that survived the Cinnibar incident that resulted from MewTwo goes out and tries to capture Lugia. Pokemon 2000 shows a picture of Mew at the end of the movie, so people that saw the First Movie were like, "Ahh! He was one of the SCIENTISTS!". I still don't know why he says that that was how it began and how it will begin again; I think we haven't seen the last of that guy.
    it was the ancient Mew card, not the actual mew in any way or form. It seems more like a tie in to the card game, to make it seem as if he may be a dimensional traveler from our dimension. None of the scientists survived the exposion of the lab, as proof the waste that lay around Mewtwo when all was said and done. No one survived that. Non one ever thought the collector to be a scientist. He said in the movie. "I began my collection with a Mew card and now I have all this." So he was never a scientist, but always a collector. The reason why he said " The way it all began and the way it will begin again." I s that that mew card he picks up was what he started his collection with, and he's saying he'll restart his colelction with the same card.

SBaby said:
    Some time between Pokemon 3 and Pokemon 4-Ever, Giovanni finds MewTwo. He tries to force the Pokemon to give him his Psychic Energy, to transfer to a new Pokemon that Giovanni is starting to create, or something; they didn't really clarify, but this was my assumption. Anyway, Ash and Giovanni meet face to face, and Giovanni doesn't know him. Duh! He went on his Journey before Ash was born, so of course he's never met his own son, and thus, Ash doesn't know him, because his Master Trainer Dad would NEVER do the unspeakable things that Giovanni would do!!
    you're speaking of Metwo REturns. Giovanni wanted to recapture Mewtwo to head his pokemon army. All of what you said there is nothing but speculation and has no fact to back it up.

SBaby said:
    In Pokemon 4-Ever, Neo Team Rocket shows up and I think the guy from 2000 is the head. That's why they are STILL looking for the Legendaries. Pokemon Heroes also has NTR in it, just two that don't have masks.
    The guy from 200 is not eh head, it's tsill giovanni. Teh two girls from Heroes remind each other to report back to Giovanni. The guy from 4-Ever says he plans on overthrowing Giovanni. there is no NEo Team Rocket, they jsut happen to be more unique members other than teh grunts and the original members we've come to know.

SBaby said:
    I originally saw a scene with Giovanni in his office and a picture of Ash's Mom in the background on one of the banned Kanto Episodes that aired on CN once. Sadly, I can't seem to find it on the Internet, and I don't have the capability of uploading it from a DVD. If I ever can, I'll put it on this post, I swear! Until then, rest assured knowing that the episode is STILL shown on CN every time they cycle through the Kanto Saga, so if you watch it enough, chances are you'll see it.
    although I really don't ahve anything to say against that, they likely hood of that scene existing is slim to none. IMO, it's more likely you mistook the image.

Giovanni being his father just seems too far fetched to be tue. More likely it's soem random man. No one of particular importance, who did anythign great, because otherwise they'd recognize Ash as the son of Whatever Ketchum. :\ Plus his small town family home would be almost always riddled with reporters.

yoshi1001

Pokemon Disc Jockey
    Years
    This has to be one of the oldest Pokerumors of all. Although, if it were true and I were Ash, I'd be real ticked I wasn't aging and he could still sue for paternity. ;)

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    The following will probably make me look like a n00b, but I don't care. I think that Ash's father is...

Ho-oh

Yep, that's right. But no, I'm not a n00b. There is more evidence to back this up than anything else. For example, the reason Ash saw Ho-oh in episode 1 could be it watches over him (assumption). There are many more reasons at PikaSurf (I think that's the link), so check those too, I can't be bothered copying them here.

Lizzie

{Tre' pwns j00} XD
    Years
    ok, Kyogre-Chan, the link you gave-i've read it before-it's definetly not true,
    A. one of the beginning show's of pokemon, Ash's mom talked about Ash's dad being a pokemon trainer
    B. Ho oh is like 1208763109464336576 years old and doesn't have a gender so Ho oh can't breed, and it definetly can't breed with humans, and plus Ash's mom would probably have to be really in love with pokemon to have married a bird 0_o

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    Seh doesn't necessarily have to marry it, the only reason why it doesn't have a gender in teh games is because tey don't wnat you breeding legendaries, and age really doesn't matter. If you're alive, you're capable.

IN all honesty, ot me teh ho-oh one sounds more plausible than the Gioavnni one.

elite13kid

I rule!
    Years
    Kyogre-chan said:
    The following will probably make me look like a n00b, but I don't care. I think that Ash's father is...

Ho-oh

Yep, that's right. But no, I'm not a n00b. There is more evidence to back this up than anything else. For example, the reason Ash saw Ho-oh in episode 1 could be it watches over him (assumption). There are many more reasons at PikaSurf (I think that's the link), so check those too, I can't be bothered copying them here.
    i dont think Ho-oh is Ash's father because it is a pokemon and ash is a human...same thing with Ash's mom...human...Ho-oh, pokemon....that is a little weird

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    The ONLY way Ho-Oh could be his father is if it polymorphed itself into a human. If it did that, it would HAVE to have met Ash's Mom. Imagine that, a human in love with a Pokemon...

The whole Giovanni thing IS speculation, but as I said, it is ALWAYS the most discounted theory that turns out to be true! It started with Star Wars, and is used so frequently that not expecting it to happen is almost a foolish mistake.

That doesn't mean it WILL turn out like that, just that you shouldn't be surprised if it does.

Pokemon 2000: Remember, he may have BECOME a collector after the MewTwo incident, which happened before Ash went on his Journey, so it would've left him plenty of time to collect alot of cards. I mean, I have almost 1000 Yu-Gi-Oh cards, and it's only been a year since I began collecting them. The MEW card is simply a clever hint at this...

MewTwo being human: you have to watch the extras in MewTwo Returns, and they subtily hint at it... They don't say right out, but they NEEDED some sort of a host for Mew's DNA, and Pokemon weren't working... What else was there??

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back