• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which came first..? o_O

Which came first? Mew or Arceus?

• Mew

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Arceus

Votes: 25 52.1%
  • Confused as well... I don't know...

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I should disagree with you about Mew unable to acquire the DNA of legendaries...

If you have seen the movie Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, you should have seen Mew transformed unto Ho-oH...

Ditto could easily transform into legends too, but you don't see any info on it containing the DNA of all Pokemon. It just alters its DNA to become something its familiar with. Mew, being a legend, would obviously have seen Ho-oh in its lifetime, and simply have the knowledge of Ho-oh's appearance.

And ~KiTsUnE, no legendary made Deoxys. The PokeDex has stated that it was formed from a mutation and a space-ray of some sort. It never made anything alive, and nothing alive made it. Plus, most of your theories seem wrong, too. Why the heck would Ho-oh create Shaymin?

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    yeah... It's extremely weird...
    And it's still confusing who came first...

Maybe Mew was already in our dimension, and Arceus just came from a vortex in another dimension... :\

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    that acctually is making sence, Destiny!

wait.......... NOT IT DOESN'T!

*sigh*

we'll be going until past the end of the final generation trying to figure this out.......

UNLESS a later game states the entire facts o.O

code zerro the deluge

I'm a boss.
    Years
    in thought arceus only created palkia, dialaga, and those three psy pokemon thats it. thats what the pokedex says. it didn't make anything else. palkia and dialaga didn't make any pokemon just time and space. arceus was born mew never was. it was never created it always existed. hence the fact it can learn any tm and hm and arceus cant

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Well, I suppose I should point out that in the "Origin of Mew" the scientists who discovered Mew's remains only knew of the 150 Pokemon in the Kanto region, so when it was stated that all Pokemon's DNA came from Mew, it could have referred only to the Pokemon in the Kanto region. But, it probably does apply to all of the Pokemon, I'm just stating that that reason might be one explanation.

Anyway, it has been confirmed that Arcues is based on the Chinese myth of a creature who created the universe with it's one-thousand arms, and in the Poke-dex entry's it was stated that Arcues created the Universe with it's one-thousand arms. And like said before, Arceus created Dialga, Palkia, Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit, and possibly Mew. After that, the rest of the Pokemon could have been born from Mew. As for the problem about Dialga, Palkia, etc... it should be noted that Dialga, Palkia, and Arcues weren't even known to actually exist in the Sinnoh region; much less the Kanto region, so to the scientists Mew did create all Pokemon, but only all the Pokemon they knew of, since Dialga and Palkia were only legends in the Sinnoh region.

And of course, there are all the reasons stated before mine, some of which I helped to build upon my reasoning. Of course, all of this is speculation. Arcues will most likely have it's own movie later on, which will help clear up all of this.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2008
    Keep in mind that EVERYTHING discussed here is not fact.
    It's all fan fiction!

With that being said my personal belief is that Arceus created Mew.
    I have a big theory on it but in the end it's just Fan Fiction material.

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
    mew probably existed in nothingness forever,but couldnt make a world,arcues was then born and created palkia dialga and the lake trio to control dialga and palkia, then mew saw that a pokemon like itself had created a world, it then went down into the world and while passing the pokemon gathered thier dna it went and created all pokemon except for those 6 and giratina which was basicly the other side of arcues,arcues went to slumbering while everything else happened only to be awakened eons later by a person pure of heart (you) playing a item that was created by arcues called the azure flute, arcues granted this person a battle, and was/was not captured,before that some scientests created mewtwo from the old mew's fosilized eybrow,then after a long time the new mew decides to make more pokemon and thats about all i can figure,
    so in theory mew came first, arcues created, mew makes life and so on,so in conclusion mew came first.

i bet your head hurts now, mine does.

~DestinedCailean

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    I think we're all overanalyzing this. Here's what i think happened:

After Arceus created Dialga and Palikia to be the gods of time and space, Arceus needed a god to help breath life into the universe, so he created Giratina to be the god of Life. Giratina, being the evil, corrupted ghost/dragon we all know and love, refused to be in charge of creating life, so he tried to rebel against Arceus in anger.

So of course, Arceus wiped the floor with him.

But Arceus still had mercy for Giratina, so instead of destroying Giratina, he simply stripped him of his title, and banished him into a different dimension(Remember that psychadelic graveyard in D/P? This also explains why he's refered to as the "renagade" pokemon). Arceus realized that his error was that he gave the title of life-bringer to a pokemon that was easily corrupted by the darkness.

So Arceus decided to create a pokemon that was inherently innocent, one that was too good natured to try and use it's power for evil, and thus, Mew was created. Arceus considered that this pokemon was the most ideal of all his creations, so he started to model command Mew to model other creatures from it's DNA. So the other legendaries,(Groudon, Rayquaza, Kyogre, Shaymin...etc.) were made to form and shape the earth. Finally Mew gave birth to other pokemon, (the non-legendaries) to inhabit the earth. Since they were all made from it's DNA, it can also transform into them.(sure it can transfrom into Arceus in the game, but thats just a plot hole in the game's programming)

Some of you would ask, "Why didn't Arceus create life on earth himself?" Well, he could've made time and space himself, but he made Dialga and Palkia to do that themselves. So why not have another one create life?

This is just a theory of mine, but it's makes more sense than some crazy time paradox, right?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back