• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which card game is better?

Which TCG is better?

• Dual Masters

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Pokemon TCG

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Yu-Gi-Oh

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Magic the Gathering

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Sports Cards

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Magic: The Gathering. The parents think it will force their kids into a cult. xP

It's more of a strategic thinking TCG. My favorite type of deck to play is a Black hand-eater. Fun.

Pokémon is second to me. I haven't played anything else, aside from Digimon. Which I did have the best deck of...

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Well sweeties, in my opinion... it's a tie for the Pokémon TCG and Yu-Gi-Oh.
    I've played the game, and it was really fun. ^^; I like its unique gameplay! Too bad I'm the only one who plays it where I live. ;0;

Yu-Gi-Oh is popular, and almost everybody I know plays it. Playing is really easy, and also some matches only last about a few turns with me. XD

UnHoly

The Invincible
    Years
  • Yu-Gi-Oh is really good personally is my favorite.

Magic: The gathering would be my second although i never really played enough to get to grips with it.

if any wants a yu-gi-oh match on msn pm me.

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2010
    It's more of a strategic thinking TCG. My favorite type of deck to play is a Black hand-eater. Fun.
    really? i like a green giant creatures deck. (giant growth is awesome)

my personal fav is legend of the five rings. mostly because i play alot where i live and i have a huge collection.

~Alakazam~

Psychic Eye
    Years
  • Magic, no question. It's the hardest and most strategic game. Every card has meaning and is well researched. Not to mention the amazing art. It's also the oldest out of all the card games listed

Yuugiou is far too easy. It takes almost nothing to play a card and I could easily crush many of my friends who had been playing for years while I was only a beginner. The others are meh. They are mostly ripoffs of these two in my opinion.

Shadow Wolf 2

The Pixel Artist
    Years
  • calmind said:
    Magic, no question. It's the hardest and most strategic game. Every card has meaning and is well researched. Not to mention the amazing art. It's also the oldest out of all the card games listed

Yuugiou is far too easy. It takes almost nothing to play a card and I could easily crush many of my friends who had been playing for years while I was only a beginner. The others are meh. They are mostly ripoffs of these two in my opinion.
    I totaly second that.
    You toke the words right outa my mouth!

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    I play 2, Yugioh and Magic. I used to play Pokemon when I was younger but havent played it for years. So out of Magic and Yugioh I'll say magic is better. With yugioh you can have a good deck without much strategy but with magic, no strategy, rubbish deck. That makes magic the hardest, most strategic card game to play which is why it gets my vote.

ArKiVe

Back In Black
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 30, 2006
    Yu-Gi-Oh was the last type of card gaming I ever played so I'm going to have to go with that.

gokuwrc

I think that it's Yu-Gi-Oh because it was easy to learn and it's very fun.

Trjie Rage

General of a Decimated Army
    Years
  • Personally, I'm the guy in Magic who makes you laugh, and then beats your face in (not literally, people! :)
    Glarescape? That was me. (People who don't play Magic, Glarescape is one of the Most popular decks in the Format). Mind you, it was an accident, but nonetheless. I love the way Magic has a massive cardpool and that no card is "the best", (Though Umezawa's Jitte is annoyingly close...). The game is not only decided on the deck, but the player of the game. Even if you took a copy of the World Champ's winning deck, but didn't understand how to play it, you'd be crushed. Also, the rarity of cards is so much easier than other certain games (We got 3 rarites: Common,
    Uncommon, and Rare! 3!). Oh, and our shiny cards have nothing to do wth rarity. How cool is that? (Slowly trying to get shiny versions of all my cards so I can have a shiny Pro Tour deck! That would be Wicked!)
    Yu-Gi-Oh is...interesting...in that 1. You don't have to "pay" for your first Creature (Or is it monster? I get confused.). And Magic and Trap cards are free? Meh. It's got some cool stuff to it, and I totally respect the game, but I simply don't like the gameplay. In Magic, you have resources (lands & other mana producers) that you have to tap (drain of their energies for the turn) to play Creatures, Instants, Sorceries (Like Traps), Enchantments and Artifacts (kinda like Magic in YGO). The only thing that's free is a 1 land a turn drop. But you have to have the lands in your hand first. Also, lands on produce certain color(s), so you can't use a Mountain to play a raging goblin one turn, and the a Plague Beetle the next. (Red, then black).
    Pokemon, I'd have to say,has great gameplay. At least, the original game did. That's not to say it's not all still good, but I started when it did. I still have my Charizard deck (Yeah, the Orignal Charizard, people). And even then, I made my deck a Unique Charizard deck. It's not the same build other people use. It's a relatively good and unique concept.

Back