• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which character has grown the most during the course of the games?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Fifth Generation was lucky in a sense. Out of all the games it got the most fleshed out characters because you got to follow their journies (although this may be the case for Alola too but we will see in a few hours!) through another game. It was totally different to just remakes which was just a matter of rehashing content. B2W2 were unique in that characters that were just like you in BW eventually became something more in the sequels.

Elesa finally took her modelling seriously, Bianca was an assistant, Cheren was a gym leader, Iris was a champion, etc, the list goes on.

Which character do you think had the most remarkable transformation and how? :) Which character were you let down by (just not growing AT ALL)?

Last edited:
    Cheren's transformation surprised me a lot at first. He went from an impatient perfectionist aiming for the top to someone who later became the first or weakest gym leader, completely opposite of his original goal of becoming Champion (the top rank). He mellowed down a lot and changed drastically from BW imo.

Can't think of any characters I was let down by. Which is awesome. Unova in general had a great story and remarkable characters, and I do think they all grew well in their own way =)

Back