• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which D/P starter will you choose?

Which starter will U choose?

• Potchama (Water)

Votes: 34 49.3%
  • Naetoru (Grass)

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • Hikozaru (Fire)

Votes: 18 26.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

misty-slave09

Kasumi<3
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 12, 2009
    Which D/P starter will you choose when you first get the game.

Which D/P starter will you choose?

i defiently choosing Potchama. ;)

I can't wait for these games!!!

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    awww,man...I don't like any of them......if their evs. are cool,then it'll depend...it their 1st. stage evs. are cool,I'll keep an everstone handy....if none of them are,..I might not even get the game...

Ichikool

D/P Lover
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NY
    • Seen Feb 26, 2018
    I am getting Potchama. It's a cute little penguin. =)
    My brother likes the grass one, Neatoru I think it was? And we both get different games (Like her get Ruby and I got Sapphire...) and so we always different. So now I don't have a choise but to get potchama.. cuz I don't like monkeys. D: (Anywho, I liked Potchama better anyways! XD)

EDIT: Of course... these games aren't coming out for awhile now. D=...(For me anyways)
    EDIT2: I always get the water type! I just figured that out.. Heh.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    Pochama; not only is it adorable, I'm a strong fan of the Water type. :D Although the older starter Pokémon are very much the superior, in my opinion~

Zerus

Why >__<
    Years
    Im goin with Potchama. Im also a fan of water types specially the starters.
    (Except Totodile. I just dont like him)

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    Digital Mage said:
    I think I will choose zee cute little penguin Pochama. I don't like the look of Hikozaru, & I prefer water over grass.
    Agreed, Hikozaru looks evil, IMO. o.O;;; It has plans to take over your cartridge & erase all your data... and replace it with an evil taunt. >O

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2006
    Naetoru hands down. In my opinion, it is the cutest of the three starters, and hopefully, it has great stats at its last form.

Wally4eva

Intermediate Webmaster
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2017
    i will choose fire as i always start with fire the first time around and the fire monkey looks cool

what?

an 815 survivor :P
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007
    i hate monkeys, so i'll beat it up with the freakin' cute penguin.

i can imagine a stage 2 emperor penguin and a tortoise, but a stage 2 monkey? I can't see that happening.

diageo11

Aspiring Eevee Trainer
    Years
    Maybe it will turn into a huge gorrila like king kong, but I will still get pocchama.

Derrot

Arr...me be Derrot
    Years
    I'm choosing Pochama as well. It was a tough decision since I like both penguins and turtles, but when I found out the yellow thing on the turtle was its lower jaw, Pochama suddenly became way more cuter in comparision O_O

Virage

Hero of Time
    Years
    As usual, I'm going with Fire. I'ts my specialty. That, and Legendary's and Dragons.

♥Nova♥

Ignore the Funny Farm
    Years
    As I am getting both Games I will getting all 3 Starters. But as always I will pick a "Primary Starter", which is my Favorate one and the one I will use most often. Based on only their First Forms I will most likely use Pocchama as my Primary Starter based on 2 Reasons.

1 :: I always pick the "Cute" one.
    2 :: It fits my Primary Starter Pattern:

Red/Blue/Yellow: Squirtle
    Gold/Silver/Cryster: Chicorita
    Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald: Torchic

So... back to Water for Diamond/Pearl.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I'm a huge fan of Water type Pokémon, but I just don't like Pochama, but luckily, Grass is one of my favourite types too, and Naetoru looks awesome! =D It's just too darn cute. :3 It kinda looks like Trapinch. ^o^ I honestly don't care how bad its stats and movepool might be, I'll choose Naetoru anyway. :3

RaveGamer

The Raving Gamer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2006
    Potchama for sure, it's been my tradition to choose the water starter, mainly because the first gym leader usually has rock/ground type Pokemon :P

Back