• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which Dino Would Win?

Years
    Whatthe title says: What 4th Gen Dino would win in a battle? The Ultra-Attacker Rampardos? or the Super-Defensive Bastiodon?

Well, even though Rampardos is one of my fav Pokemon, I belive Bastiodon would win. Just because most of the moves Rampardos learns only do half damage to Bastiodon, and Bastiodon's defense is higehr than Rampardos's attack. Also, steel does double damage to Rock, so ya...

Although, if none of the attack and defense and whatever didnt matter, and lets say Pokmone were real, i tihnk in a real life battle Rampardos would win. I think that skull is hard enough to hit Bastidon's werid head, and from behind, he can really hurt. Same goes for Basitodon, but Rampardos looks (and is in the POkemon world) faster, so if Bastiodon comes from behind, Rampardos can definatly dodge it!

Though, if it were Cranidos and Sheildon, its a no brainer that Cranidos would win! NO-BRAINER!

EDIT: XD it seems that i may have overlooked things. RAMPARDOS FTW!

Last edited:

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I'd imagine Bastiodon would win. If it survives an attack from Rampardos, it can simply use Metal Burst to return 1.5 of the damage done.

Years
    hmm its tuff, rampardos can learn earthquake.. dealing super effective damage to bastiodon with a monstrous attack.. BUT bastiodon is steel type so its strong to the rock type of rampardos.. im gonna say bastiodon would win in my opinion :)

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I think Rampardos would win. Its has super strong attack, so it could take out Bastiodon with earthquake in one it hit, but in the other hand Bastiodon is steel so which makes it better than rampardos, but that doesn't matter. It depends on the move sets and stats. If I was going to choose. I would say Rampardos. ;D

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    Basti would win.

simply because of the amazing defence.

Destiny Bond

Daddow entelechies
    Years
    Bastiodon would probably win. Ramparados or whatever has awesome attack but Bastiodon has reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally good defense that beats Ramparados's attack

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    CB'd Rampy @ Bastiodon; Earthquake.

Defender HP: 261
    Damage: 428 - 503
    Damage: 163.98% - 192.72%

Hi, where's Bastiodon?

Spoiler:

pallet town

From the town of Pallet!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2010
    Bastiodon is a pretty tough pokemon, I think it could survive.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    You have to remember that Bastiodon may have extremely high DEF and SDEF, but it has very low HP. Its typing of Rock / Steel makes it 4X weak to Rampardos' Earthquake. In addition, Bastiodon is pretty slow (slower than the also slow Rampardos) so it can't even make a move before Rampardos OHKOs it. If it uses Metal Burst, then it will always go second, but it won't be able to activate it because it won't have any HP left.

Rampardos' Earthquake does a MINIMUM of 110% of Bastiodon's life, so it won't survive anyhow, except with a Focus Sash / Focus Band + HAX.

Back