• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which do you think is the best starter?

Years
Oshawott and Snivy are both my favourites. Oshawott is just so adorable and Samurott is my favourite fully-evolved water starter. Snivy is just so badass and I LOVEEE Servine and Serperior.

The Tepig line was a bit of a disappointment, easily the worst of the Fire/Fighting starters. However Tepig itself has grown on me, it's cute. Embroar, though? Oh, no hunny. Fail.

Last edited:

Sorvete

Novice
Years
Well, my personal favorite is Tepig, and I think he is tied with Snivy for the best. Snivy don't have many advantages overall in Unova, but its terrifying speed + Coil is worth a try. Very fun playing with both.

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
Years
Oshawott is the cutest and I had fun with Samurott cause he was a beast. It just took me a bit longer to beat Elesa at the time. Snivy line comes in second, I really like snakes and their design is just so smug. I don't think much of Tepig line, a bit uninspiring being another fire/fighting starter.

Back