• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which game is your favorite, and why?

Years
    • Seen today
    Platinum, by far. It was the game that got me back into Pokemon, and it fixed some of the issues with D/P, primarily the battle and surfing speed.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2014
    Platinum is my favorite. I love the storyline. Diamond and Pearl are really boring.

Novia

Psyduck Fangirl <3
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2011
    Platinum is my favorite from these three. It was my first Nintendo DS game and it was the first new Pokemon game I had played since Ruby, I never knew about FireRed and LeafGreen or Diamond & Pearl until Platinum was released :(.

WhiteWizard

Mewtwo Hax enabled.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2011
    this one... maybe because the love of my life who broke my heart also played it w me -_-...

Im talking about diamond.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • Diamond because when I had the choice between Diamond or Pearl I loved Dialga so I chose Diamond. And I prefer one of the first 2 to the 3rd game.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
  • Pearl

I started fourth gen off by getting Pearl. Was almost one year later that I got Diamond. At one point, my Pearl play time was closing in on 300 hours played. The Pearl version "exclusives" of Glameow and Palkia are what drew me to choose it over Diamond.

Spanner226

Millefiore Mechanic
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2011
    Pokemon Platinum is simply amazing.

I'm not saying it's predecessors are bad, but in Platinum, the storyline has been improved, there is the visually impressive distortion world, and the ability to catch certain pokemon prior to receiving the national pokedex.

But of course, it's only natural that it's this way, because Platinum is a newer game.

tinq

(′・ω・`)ノ こんにちは。
    Years
  • Platinum is my favorite.
    Even I don't really play Pokemon because of the plot, it had very nice one.
    I also liked Distortion World, it was simply so disturbing but so awesome.

Psyshock

Psychic Type Master
    Years
  • I like Platinum for the same reasons and of course the addition of the Battle Frontier. Diamond and Pearl weren't that great to me anyway.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • platinum, because the other too were way too hard, and platinum klnda brought new stuff to the table.

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
  • Platinum, larger pokedex and the addition of new forms and their pre-evolutions made it seem like the true gen4 game.
    Though I liked Pearl second, because Palkia is my favorite legendary in the whole generation.

Back