• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which game is your favorite, and why?

Years
  • Platinum was better than Diamond and Pearl, because of the updates. But when including HGSS, HGSS is better than DPPt.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Definitely Platnium, although not owning the game itself, but rather having Diamond (which I love too!) I found after playing a bit of my sister's save, that it's battling was smooth, the graphics where much improved and the teams of some of the important figures such as the E4 and Gym Leaders were way better and more challenging to battle.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I really felt that Platinum was the best of the three. The only version differences DP had were the available Pokemon, and after the big improvement RS made to separating versions, it just felt like a big step back. Also, not including a Battle Frontier after Emerald introduced it was a big letdown. But Platinum really remedied the issues DP faced, and since DP really had no reason to be separate in the first place, Platinum feels like the "right" game, because there's only one. The fact that it added a bit to the plot certainly doesn't hurt, either.

Years
  • I never played Diamond or Pearl so I have to say Platinum for me. The distortion world was interesting and it had some great features. It had a good storyline and improved from what I heard about the Diamond and Pearl orignal plot.

Years
  • Platinum FTW.Its my favourite pokemon game.I t was the first pokemon game i bought for myself and i really owned,and i just love Giratina,and all the plot around it,its game ill always love :3

Years
  • Platinum is my favorite. Which is why I almost cried when my brother bought it from me. I only said yes so that he would stop annoying me,and now I regret it. He still owes me my money!!

Tamaska

[Oblivious]
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    Platinum for sure. The Updates and more Available Pokemon.

Back