• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Gamecube games should a new Gamecube owner get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    XD You can only have three other people in your town oo;

I SO wish it was simoutaneous multiplayer too.

Years
    Hey, everybody. Thank you for all your suggestions. I just got a job and started working. So, I'll save up some cash now and get my new Gamecube in about 2-3 weeks.

If you have anymore suggestions... please feel free to tell me. ^^

Seth30

charmander FREAK
    Years
    Dont you mean "new" because I was reading older posts and you were going to buy a used gamecube Anyways one more suggestion:

Pokemon colleseum
    Good game easy yet challenging at times

RoxasOld

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    Hmm. Here are the games that I would get:

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
    Super Smash Brother Melee
    Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
    Sonic Heros
    The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker

And Shadow The Hedgehog, for when it comes out.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Colosseum isn't that great =/ You might just want to get XD: Gale of Darkness on October third =D

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    Heres a list of games i would recomend.

Super Smash Bros. Melee
    An awesome gamecube game.It is extremely fun when playing multiplayer against friends, and it is still fun when playing multiplayer against CPUs.

Tales of Syphonia
    Another awesome game, great story, challenging enemys, cel-shaded graphics, and over 80 hours of gameplay.

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
    Challenging enemys, cel-shaded graphics, and over 40 hours of gameplay.

Final Fanasy: Crystal Chronicals
    Great game for Final Fantasy fans, challenging enemys and bosses, yet, if you are good enough, the game can get too easy.

Mario Kart: Double Dash
    A fun racing game that is like Mario Kart 64 and Mario Kart: Super Circut, but with some new features.

NBA Street V3
    A very fun game if you like basketball.With the features to create new basketball players, and teams, the game can be long and fun.There is also other features like create a court, and you can play as people not in the NBA like the Beastie Boys, and you can play as the following nintendo characters: Mario, Luigi, and Peach.

Paper Mario 2: The Thousand-Year-Door
    A fun game, you don't need to play the first Paper Mario since the storyline is almost totally different from Paper Mario 1, the arena in Glitzville is fun and there are certain requrements with each arena challenge.

Upcoming GC games i would recomend:

FE Path of Radiance
    Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness
    Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess
    Shadow the Hedhodge

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Personally I wouldn't buy a GCN right now. I'd wait for the revolution since it's backwards compatible anyway. Here's a list of some of the best games for the GCN. There's 69 titles on that list so I'm sure you can narrow it down a bit yourself based on your interests.

Years
    ssbm
    zelda windwaker
    metroid prime2
    resident evil 4
    pokemon colloseum (its gotta be here :P)

thats all i can think of. hope i helped

Years
    Thanks for the list, Triforce89. I know it's a good idea to wait for the Revolution, but I'll just stick with my first plan of buying a used Gamecube. I still think it's around $60 depending where I look. And I know a few places.

I have made up my mind when I'm getting my Gamecube. There's a No Tax Day in the state where I live, meaning that if I buy something, I won't have to pay sales tax. ^^

However, that is next month, but I will buy a few games between now and then. I want to get Resident Evil 4, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Mario Kart Double Dash, Super Mario Sunshine and maybe a few others.

I do thank all of you for your suggestions. ^^

Pretty Boy Sean

Journeyman
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 15, 2007
    Tales of Symphonia
    Resident Evil 4
    Super Smash Bros. Melee
    The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Years
    Guys...

I AM GETTING THE GAMECUBE TOMORROW AFTERNOON!!

I cashed my checks I forgot to do so a couple weeks ago and I now have the money to finally get a Gamecube. Plus, I also checked out a video game place and a Gamecube costs only $60!!

So, I'm buying it tomorrow! I'll let you know how it is. XD

nicoleb

Whannell's hot.
    Years
    Well, it depends what games you're into. ^_^ I actually like RPGs more than Adventures. So I'd settle for:

First Choice: The Legend of Zelda - The Wind Waker: Great game. Although it has very bad graphics (like cels, giving it the nickname; "Celda"), it is still a good game. Not as big as tOoT, or MM, but it is enjoyable, and some parts are challenging. The storyline is original and interesting, and the characters, dungeons, and towns are all uniquely designed.

Second Choice: Pokemon Colosseum: Pokemon games are my second favorite type of RPGs (games like Zelda coming first). Pokemon Colosseum has a few drawbacks, but good points, too. First off, Pokemon Colosseum lacks the "C-control", the ability to move the camera around to change the angle. Although it is 3-D, it is not as free as most games. The C-control lack can be very annoying sometimes. Second, the graphics are rushed. Thanks to the "wonderful" Bill Gates's X-Box, Gamecube has to rush a lot of their games these days. When looking at the shadows (and even characters and locations), there are often glitches in their appearance. The good points of this game are that the storyline is good and deep, and the protagonist a hottie. ^^

I still enjoy a nice Adventure game sometimes, though. My first and only choice is:

Super Mario Sunshine: This game is NO WHERE near as good as its "predecessor", Super Mario 64. While it had over 15 worlds to explore, SMS only has 7 (9 if you include the final Bowsa battle, and the homing point (Delfino Plaza=Peach's Castle on SM64). And they are no where near as grandly designed as SM64, either. But to compare these games is unfair. This game was rushed (thankyou, X-Box), to keep Gamecube going. It does, however, have a good storyline. Deeper than SM64, and it has more plot. It also has amazing graphics. Although they could have done better with the shadows. (Circles, except Mario.) An annoying fact about this game is all the invisible walls and fake doors. Nothing annoys me more than them. But it is an Adventure game, so such is to be expected. If you've ever played SM64 (which most people have, and if not, some of its misses will score with the new version, Super Mario 64 DS), then just think of Super Mario Sunshine as a SM64 clone (although no where near as good).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back