• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Games Have Wasted The Most Hours Of Your Life?

Napalm

Careful! That Stuff Burns!
    Years
    The games that wasted the most hours of my life... Hmm.... Most of them are PC games.

GTA San Andreas (PC)
    Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (PS2)
    Command & Conquer Generals (PC)
    Pokemon (Blue, Crystal, Fire Red, Diamond/Platinum)
    Age of Empires II (PC)

They're REALLY addictive, I've got to admit, they wasted a lot of my time... In a good way :D

Last edited:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Fallout 3 and Call of Duty: World at War, both for the Xbox 360. I seriously couldn't put either down and every time they released DLC for Fallout, I'd jump right back into it. XD

The Animal Crossing series has put a good dent in my time also. D:

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    Definitely Spore and The Sims 2, I was a horrible Sims addict back in fifth grade.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I've wasted roughly 650 hours on it, and most of it was during the month it came out.

It was during spring break, and I lost interest when school started, so it didn't make an impact outside of my daily routine. I'm just surprised I played it that long... I can't go anymore than an hour nowadays.

Years
    Castle Crashers (X360 Arcade)
    Fable2 (X360)
    BattleToads/Double Dragon (Sega Genesis)
    Animal Crossing (GameCube)
    Kingdom of Loathing (website)
    Pokemon...
    Raptor (action flyer game for PC)
    Mars (MS-DOS)
    MineSweeper
    Space Cadet Pinball

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
    Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (360)
    Guitar Hero: Metallica (360) I swear I cannot get Seek and Destroy's solo on expert (I can do it on hard though). >.> That's right kiddos, a girl is better than you at Guitar Hero.
    Halo 3: (360) With all the tricks and glitches, I just can't stay away. :3
    Pokemon Platinum (DS) Obvious reason is obvious.

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
    Any RPG (Mainly FF and Persona)
    Pokemon Yellow, Silver, Emerald, Diamond, Platinum
    GTA San Andreas
    Halo 3 (Time seems to fly when playing this)
    Digimon Rumble Arena
    Tekken 2
    Tekken 5
    Tekken Tag

A few others XD

Years
    Resident Evil 4. (PS2)
    Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles. (Wii)
    Metal Gear Solid 2. (PS2)
    The Warriors. (PS2)

I've lost count how many times I've played through and completed these games. :)

Years
    I've wasted most of my life playing the Final Fantasy series, but then again they were my favourite game and probably still are.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    Jumpstart 4th Grade, played it every day and I just got nothing there, except break my friend's friendship with a reason because of it. o.o
    Pokemon, I always played this and quite addictive and my real life seems to change. My friends seems doesn't know me anymore. And I just waste my time.

The CriminaL

Party King
    Years
    Xbox 360 Halo 3: Messed me up DX Im so into Halo ever since '07...
    Xbox 360 Sonic Unleased: fun pure fuN!
    DS Kirby Super Star Ultra: Pink Super Ball 'O fuN!
    DS Kirby Canvas Curse: 'Cuz I liek painting and rolling kirby around is fun!
    DS The Legendary Starfy: Not that good of a game but Starfy looks huggable :D
    DS MMSF3: Black Ace & Red Joker: GOt me wasting so many hours of my life whooping butt on Wi-Fi DX

Last edited:

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    Persona - I've clocked in about 180 hours with P3 and P4, still haven't completed them 100% (maxing all S.Links, fusing all Personas etc.).
    Kingdom Hearts - Played it too many times to count, plus I have my Roxas file where I pretty much run about Twilight Town without progressing the game. XD
    Pokemon - I've played for almost ten years now. XD That's gotta be the main culprit.
    Dragon Quest XIII: The Journey of the Cursed King - Also a pretty long game.
    Final Fantasy X - The only FF I've completed. o:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Kingdom Hearts - I'm talking about the series in general but if there was one game that sucked all my time it was KH2. @_@; But... I've got well over 100 hours each on all the games ('cept the first). I've played through KH1 twice, KH2 about 4 times (two of which were *compete* playthroughs), CoM about 5 times lmfao, Re:COM twice... and 358/2 has 110 hours on it. Some of those are translation hours though. XD;

Tales of the Abyss - I have well over 300 hours in this, I think, if you add up all my files. I played through on my own and then every subsequent playthrough was with a friend. Completion took forever but it was so, so satisfying. Tack on all the time I spent in the fandom and talking about it and you've got an innumerable amount of time.

The World Ends With You - I don't remember how many hours I have on this game but... I would definitely say the requirements for completion wasted a LOT of my time. XD; I poured hours into this game, some of it just mundane pin levelling. orz.

Pokemon - If the entire KH series counts (even if... most of it would count in its own respect lmao), then Pokemon counts. I've got at least 60 hours on each one of my games (probably even most of the spin-offs, too) so... just... gah, wow what a timesink. XD

Assassin's Creed - To get my complete file I had to play through this like 3 more times so one templar would appear. >8| Not as many hours spent as on other games but certainly plenty wasted lmfao.

Back